• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Calling All Tamers! LSN Presents Search For The Animals, Wednesday, March 17

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems that some of the animals living in the Britannia Royal Zoo have gone missing. After speaking with Iakas, the zoologist working for the zoo, Intoxication found out that a lot of the animals had been let out over night. It is still unknown who let these beautiful beasts out or why.

The zoo needs your help! On Tuesday, March 17th, Intoxication [LSN] will be setting up a search party to recover all the missing animals. We ask all tamers to come out and lend a hand; even if you are at a lower level of taming you can still help us gather the smaller animals.​

The Lost Souls of the Night
Presents
‘Search For The Animals’
Tuesday, March 17th, 6pm shard time (PST)
(7 MST, 8 CST, 9 EST)​

This event is free to all who enter. Come help us save the lost animals.​

This will be a tamers' scavenger hunt, with two lists of animals that need to be found, tamed, and donated to the zoo. The first list will be for lower level tamers, and will have a smaller prize. The second list will have some harder to tame animals with a better pay out. The first list filled in each group will get a grand prize, then each full list after that will get a smaller prize. The event will start at 6pm and run for 2 hours, and you may fill a list more than one time. Each time you fill a list within the 2 hours you will receive a prize.​

Easier list Grand prize 2 million gold

Harder list Grand prize 6 million gold

All other easier lists filled within the 2 hours, 100k gold prize
All other harder lists filled within the 2 hours, 500k gold prize

Rules:
  • All animals must be tamed after the start of the event. No bonded pets.
  • All animals must be tamed by the tamer turning in the pets.
  • All animals must be donated to the zoo after they are checked off your list.
  • No killing or harming animals that others are trying to tame.
Please Note: The event is March 17th, which is Tuesday, not Wednesday as originally listed.

L

Lady Tiger

OOO this sounds fun...My new tamer will be on the newbie list for the taming. I can't wait. My favorite chars are tamers.

L

Lady Vivian

LSN thanks so much for your support of the Zoo. Sounds like a super event and a win - win situation for all parties. Both Zoo and participants. I like the idea of the two different lists for different levels of Tamers and not only will the Tamer get a prize but also points towards their individual Zoo rewards account. Who says you can't "have your cake and eat it too"!!

So come on out and tame a few pets, bring your friends to cheer you on and have a swell time supporting the Zoo. :love::love::love:

I

Intoxication

Thank you for the support hope to see a lot of tamers. =-)

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But...but...that be a drinking holiday! St. Patty's Day...oi! hehehe.
Oh my drunk tamers?!?! That could get scary!

But it does sound like fun. My tamer on Origin is strictly a newbie, but hey I can donate the wolves around the zoo

Thanks Intox

F

Frey Wavestrider

I may be in the process of moving across N. America but I will see if I can make it. It sounds like a great event to help the zoo

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems that some of the animals living in the Britannia Royal Zoo have gone missing. After speaking with Iakas, the zoologist working for the zoo, Intoxication found out that a lot of the animals had been let out over night. It is still unknown who let these beautiful beasts out or why.

The zoo needs your help! On Wednesday, March 17th, Intoxication [LSN] will be setting up a search party to recover all the missing animals. We ask all tamers to come out and lend a hand; even if you are at a lower level of taming you can still help us gather the smaller animals.​

The Lost Souls of the Night
Presents
‘Search For The Animals’
Wednesday, March 17th, 6pm shard time (PST)
(7 MST, 8 CST, 9 EST)​

This event is free to all who enter. Come help us save the lost animals.​

This will be a tamers' scavenger hunt, with two lists of animals that need to be found, tamed, and donated to the zoo. The first list will be for lower level tamers, and will have a smaller prize. The second list will have some harder to tame animals with a better pay out. The first list filled in each group will get a grand prize, then each full list after that will get a smaller prize. The event will start at 6pm and run for 2 hours, and you may fill a list more than one time. Each time you fill a list within the 2 hours you will receive a prize.​

Easier list Grand prize 2 million gold

Harder list Grand prize 6 million gold

All other easier lists filled within the 2 hours, 100k gold prize
All other harder lists filled within the 2 hours, 500k gold prize

Rules:
  • All animals must be tamed after the start of the event. No bonded pets.
  • All animals must be tamed by the tamer turning in the pets.
  • All animals must be donated to the zoo after they are checked off your list.
  • No killing or harming animals that others are trying to tame.
Nice scenario, but i just checked the ZOO and No animals are missing as of yet. In fact a donation was just made to secure the addition of the Silver steed. He/she is beautiful.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
gunneroforgin,

It's wonderful to see the zoo brought up to tier 11 in such a short period of time. When Intoxication and LSN were organizing their up coming zoo event, the zoo was several tiers below the current level.
As the date of their event approaches, if the tier 11 is maintained, perhaps this will become a Preserve The Zoo Exhibits event?

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excellent event idea, very thoughtful. =) I like the idea of keeping the event irregardless of the current filled status and using it to preserve the zoo.

Does the LSN vendor sales generate funds to host these events? I buy things there that I have difficulty obtaining on my own, such as PS, often. Love it!

I

Intoxication

Yeah we are doing the event not only for the zoo but for tamers. It's not only a event to help give the zoo more points and keep it at the highest level but also to give tamers new and old a chance to have fun and win some gold. I never only wanted to get the zoo points but to also bring people together that have a love of taming. The gold i am paying for this event would of been enough to get it to the highest level if that was all I had in mind. It is very nice to see that we got the silver steed. I am planing many more events of this kind to help us keep him there.

Yes Latobian I do use the gold I make off of the LSN vendor house to pay for these events.

Again I hope to see all you tamers there and maybe we will get another surprise guest at this even too. Remember that there will be a easy list so tamers of all levels may enter into this event.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh could find green hiryus and green lesser hiryus
Owwie!! But yeah would be cool, just don't think I'll have my taming that high by then though. I'm thinking lots and lots of polar bears maybe lol

L

Lord Arcane

any rules on how you tame them? spells and skill wise? and how will you know if the tamer really tamed it or if they had someone do it for them and if they didn't already have it tamed? sorry for asking questions like that but i do wonder :) and if my Irish blood doesn't get the best of me by that time i might pop in to join the fun :)

I

Intoxication

There is really no way to stop everything that people could try to do.
One way is if they are bringing in the pets way to fast and we know there is no way they can be going and really taming them themselves. If there are animals on the list that are only in one spot i WILL have someone there most likely hidden to make sure that the people are really going there and taming it.
The animals have to be tamed after the start of the event, the pets have to be tamed by the person turning them in, and how they tame them is really up to them as long as they are taming them. If they have someone helping them tame, hiding and healing them, that is fine as long as the person helping doesn't do the taming.

F

Flora Green

Great idea, Intoxication. I keep saying this, but the events you are bringing to the shard are very cool. Thank you again. :)

C

Crystal Canyon

Intoxication, are you going to have your own stand by Healers? LOL...I suck as a tamer, but can't wait for this event. It sounds like a ton of fun!!!!

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please note .. The date for the taming event, March 17, is correct. However, that's a Tuesday, not Wednesday.

M

Michael Wolf

Damn, not a word about the events last night. everyone must have drank too much of that green ale.

Well I had a great time. Thanks to LSN fro another fun event. Thanks for the 2 mil.

Congrats to Hero for winning the Silver Steed Naming Contest with Quicksilver.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn, not a word about the events last night. everyone must have drank too much of that green ale.

Well I had a great time. Thanks to LSN fro another fun event. Thanks for the 2 mil.

Congrats to Hero for winning the Silver Steed Naming Contest with Quicksilver.
I had a blast at last night's event ... I was laughing so hard about 61 taming not being high enough to tame white wolves, and not being able to keep my tamed slimes alive long enough to get them back to the zoo that my stomach still hurts. I can't say Thank You enough to Lady Anarion Seregon for helping control the swamp spawn enabling me to get my tamed slimes out safely! And a huge Thank You to LSN for yet another UO moment!
The Zoo donation box was at 11,407,375 points when we started, 11,426,951 when we finished.
I have screenshots and will try to get the full report written up this evening as I have been having a rl time sync with work today.

M

Michael Wolf

I can't say Thank You enough to Lady Anarion Seregon for helping control the swamp spawn enabling me to get my tamed slimes out safely!
It was my pleasure...