• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Burn Baby, Burn!

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Late this evening I received a soot-covered pigeon from Renenutet of The Howling Voice. Unrolling the slightly singed scrap of parchment the bird carried, I learned that two homes stood in ruins - having been unexpectedly ravaged by intense fires. One home stood in the northeastern quarter of Luna, and the other in the northwestern quarter of Zento's suburbs. I swiftly retrieved my mount CythRi and rode for the scenes of destruction.</P>

I had heard earlier in the day, through extra-planar means that the God of Conflagration, Draconi, had targeted his wrath at the home of citizens who had 'turned traitor' to the Sosarian way of life. The 'Traitor' label has not been assigned to these people lightly; inflammable effigies have been magically erected within the ruins. Apparently, these people are responsible for the destabilization of the shard economy and an influx of rare powerful artifacts.</P>

Similar infernos rage across other shards, showing that this blight on our society is a widespread problem. Many thanks to Draconi for ridding us of these scoundrels!</P>

<FONT color="#800000" face="Monotype Corsiva" size="5">Martyna Z'muir, Library of Sosaria</FONT></P>

D

DougAlmighty13

My congrats to Draconi for showing us an example, now we'll see if this will continue. It does seem that they're interested in putting things back to right, but we'll see. Also, good work agian, Martyna. You obviously run KR all the time, do you not lag bad in Luna? I was running decent speed at that time, and I still lagged alot there.

Lady Lava

UO Senior News Reporter
Alumni
* claps *

I was on another shard and watched a house go up in flames, exciting stuff. I missed the one in my own backyard.

As in rl some plots seem to be cursed, haunted, doom......bad karma.
This plot is right behind by 18 x 18 in Luna and there has always been drama with it, even with the first owners. I love the glow casted in my manse by the flames now. lol

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
KR runs very well for me.. There is some lag, but I think that’s a server side issue that EA knows about. The client has some niggling issues, but I’ve come to prefer it over 2D due to the macro abilities and the screenshot feature (which is currently broken
).

In general Luna doesn't lag me, but it was laggy last night.

D

DougAlmighty13

Cool, I've been thinking about giving it a full blown try, but my connection is sketchy sometimes, so the lag would be on my end. By the end of this quarter, my ISP is upgrading to fiber optic lines, bringing my potential up to 15meg dl and 2 meg ul, running pretty constant. Maybe then I'll join ya in KR, but I still hate the way the hyrius look, especially my neon green one! Time to sell it, I guess...