• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) [News] Broadsword is hiring EMs?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EM Laura, how d' you like the sound of that?
Or maybe EM Moloenikae will come out of retirement? or EM Vikktor?

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EM Laura, how d' you like the sound of that?
Or maybe EM Moloenikae will come out of retirement? or EM Vikktor?
Or EM (pick your goblin name here) I kinda like EM Drooly Rockbottom, but in case no one has noticed, I tend to be a lil "off"

To clarify I would only want a a goblin EM on Baja if it were a second EM. Since roughly the same amount of people (and usually the same people) show up at EM events on every production shard, why the hell shouldn't Crys have some help? That's if she wants it of course... ok *shuts up now*

I guess that's my one outrageously stupid comment for the day. Damn, it's still early too *sighs*

Last edited:

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Seriously though the EM program has a near-100% track record of chewing up roleplayers and spitting them out as broken embittered shells [every single RPer I know of who became an EM ended up quitting the game completely with the exception of me because I went insane IRL and hung around having meltdowns for several years instead] so if you're one of the last remaining pillars holding up the Baja community and you somehow haven't been an EM yet, please consider whether $50/week is really worth it - if that's what they're still paying, I haven't spoken to a practicing EM since 2009.)

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(especially don't do it if you're an undiagnosed bipolar eighteen-year-old who has trouble keeping fantasy and reality separate)

Lindae Lives

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(that said it's really fun while it lasts and Mesanna is nice to work for, so if the community is really as dead as it looks and you don't have to worry about it falling any further apart if you quit then by all means go for it, I also wouldn't recommend that anyone who really loves UO leave the game without being an EM first because it's a fascinating look behind the scenes and at how things work)

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Creating custom events and story lines, setting up the events, running the events, running the governor's meetings, taking a lot of flack...plus a lot more I am sure.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
EM's also get to role-play major characters like Lord Blackthorne, and come up with long term campaigns, arcs and things like that. Watch some of JC the Builder's videos, then imagine that you are making all that you see happen, you make the role-played character, idea for the event, monsters, spawn things, etc. and get heckled mercilessly. The EM's do a lot for their servers, remember to treat them with the same respect you would want for yourself.