• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Blackrock machine scares Moonglow

G

<p align="center">
</p> <table width="99%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tr align="center"> <td>

<font size="1">Inu the Crone in front of Moonglow Bank, warning the citizens.
Inu warnt vor der Moonglow Bank die Bev&ouml;lkerung
</font></p> </td> <td>

<font size="1">The Blackrock detector before its completion some weeks ago
Die Blackrock-Maschine vor ein paar Wochen
</font></td> <td>

<font size="1">Kronos tells the crowd about the machine
Kronos erkl&auml;rt der Bev&ouml;lkerung die Blackrock-Maschine
</font></td> </tr> </table>

Some days ago spread out and the nervousness has risen since among the citizens of Sosaria: The Blackrock detector in Moonglow was nearing completion. Kronos, the Director of Alchemical Studies and chief mage on this project has had announced his final steps on the machine. The tension was high as the mage, alongside with his apprentice Dexter, put the machine into motion. Within seconds and with lots of smoke, fire, light and a huge racket (and some spooky creatures) a rift formed in the gardens of Moonglow. Since yesterday evening, the citizens of Sosaria are fighting in some kind of &quot;parallel-universe&quot; against known creatures like daemon berserkers, fetid essence, dark wisps but also against unknown angel-like beings similar to ethereal warriors and the feared shadowlords (also in ethereal form). At the moment, noone knows how long we have to fight against these evil creatures. But a mysterious <a target="_blank" href=http://www.uoherald.com/liveevents/>source revealed not long ago:</p>

&laquo;But more eyes are on this project than the government knows. Beyond the benign alchemical research lies a darker power. Friendships will be tested, loyalties questioned, and a future forged by the actions of those who come and bear witness to this 'Mad Mage'.&raquo;</p> <p align="center">
</p>

Blackrock-Maschine versetzt Moonglow in Angst</p> <table width="99%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tr align="center"> <td>

<font size="1">The Rift which leads to some kind of &quot;parallel-universe&quot;
Der Spalt, welcher in ein &quot;Parallel-Universum&quot; f&uuml;hrt
</font></p> </td> <td>

<font size="1">The feared Shadowlords in their Ethereal Form
Die gef&uuml;rchteten Shadowlords in ihrer aktuellen Form
</font></td> <td>

<font size="1">Mysterious Weapons and armor is to be found
Geheimnisvolle Waffen und R&uuml;stung kann gefunden werden
</font></td> </tr> </table>

Die Quelle enth&uuml;llte erst vor kurzem:</p>

&laquo;Aber noch mehr Augen schauen auf dieses Projekt als es die Regierung vermutet. Hinter dem gutgemeinten alchemistischen Grundgedanken d&uuml;rfte eine weitaus dunklere Macht stecken. Freundschaften werden getestet, die eigene Loyalit&auml;t in Frage gestellt und die Zukunft derer, die diesem Anlass des 'verr&uuml;ckten Magiers' beiwohnen, geschmiedet werden.&raquo;</p> <p align="center">
</p>

Wir d&uuml;rfen gespannt sein, was uns in naher Zukunft erwartet...</p>

Farewell, auf bald!
~Medea
</p>

P

Prudentis

A few things regarding the event.

Let me state first, that I actually enjoy the whole thing.
Not so the constant dieing
but how this evolves.
The gack people, especially Oma Wetterwax had a field hospital set up and were there yesterday rezzing people (donations were welcome).
I found that great. You don't see such things in other games

But on the other hand I find some things a bit confusing.
For one, I have not picked up many planeshields and planeswords on the first night only to to misinformation. I think a bit more information on what actually happens would be great.
But all in all I'm liking it

Two more questions:
1. The mentioned spell that should do 1/4 damage ... to the red daemons or other Monsters? Because I tried it yesterday and it didn't do anything. (I only have the small BR fragments)
2. Loot rules in UO.
Sometimes I get to loot the corpse directly after I help killing it only to find a corpse without any plane arties. Who is allowed to loot a fresh corpse? Anyone who has done damage to the moster? Anyone who has done a significant amount?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1)The Armageddon spell only works on the Shadowlord.

You have to say the words : Vas Kal An Mani In Corp Hur Tym

Say the words and then target the shadowlord.

2) The 16 top damage dealers can have a part of the corpse of a monster. The corpse loot is devided between everyone who attacked it. Its randomly devided. You only see what part you got. But after 5 minutes the corpse is completely lootable by everyone.

Same counts for Arty drops from Doom Bosses., if you did damage to it you have a chance that a arty drops in your backpack.

P

Prudentis

Ah, so me not seeing the planesword is just bad luck and not my slower looting?
Is that 100% sure?

P

Prudentis

Thanks Frarc,

with your tips I was finally able to collect the threads and even loot some left-behinf planeshields and planeswords.
I go in there with my mare, so the bigger monsters are no-go

I currently have a dozen or so threads and some shields and swords.
Do you happen to know, what we will be able to do with them or when?

I

imported_Drowy

With pub52 there will be a turn in for at least the swords and shields and I think for the threads too.

P

Prudentis

Ehm ... yes, I can read up about patch 50 in the Latest Updates and about the current one(without a number but must be 51)
What about 52? That was what he was talking about but I can't seem to find infos about that patch.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no info on Publish 52 yet.

One of the Devs said the turn in for event items is for Publish 52.

P

Prudentis

Ah, OK ...
In that case, what is the place, where devs talk about future publishes?