• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Best Shot In The Realm - February 2012

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Submitted by an Anonymous Author:

Many archers gathered at the fairgrounds for the monthly Best Shot in the Realm last Saturday night, hosted by Misfits of Society. The weather was fair and there were low winds and and as always the spirits were high at the start of the evening. A lucky number of 13 archers registered for their chance to walk away with the 1 million gold prize and an engraved bow deeming the recipient "Champion, Best Shot in the Realm, February 2012."

The rules were read by Toni Fierce and Round 1 of the contest got underway. James, Aerowyn Faeryn, Grey Eagle, Nemesis, TOBY (last month's champion), Llama, Richard Lionhart, Bucko, Ahebban, Debi, Claudia, Handalf and Aleecia were called up by two's to take their best shots. Grey Eagle, Handalf, Debi and Aleecia were the night's first casualties, with scores of 30, 22, 30 and 57, respectively.

The judges quickly realized the buttes must still be "off" because Debi and Grey Eagle are legendary archers. Grey Eagle has even been known to shoot apples off the heads of many of his companions with nary a fatality!

Lady EM Godiva appeared suddenly like an angel, accessed the situation, and offered two more buttes in front of the existing ones. Again the archers were called up in pairs of two and did their best to get a robin hood, something they were all more than capable of. Round 2's casualties included James, Nemesis, Llama and Richard Lionhart. It seems the new buttes didn't work any better than the original buttes, in spite of the efforts of our angel.

Round 3 saw Aerowyn Faeryn, TOBY, Bucko and Ahebban prepared to give their best effort to walk away with the night's prize. A score of 150 was required to move to Round 4. The archers were called up to shoot one by one. Aerowyn Faeryn took her best shot, but this legendary archer finished with a score of 30! The crowd gasped in shock and offered their heartfelt consolation to Aerowyn. Next up was TOBY, January's winner, who finished his turn with a score of 160, enough to go to Round 4, if there would be one. Next up was Bucko, who gave his best effort, but finished with a score of 70. Ahebban followed Bucko's lead and also ended with a 70.

Congratulations TOBY on winning the February 2012 Best Shot In The Realm​
!

ToniFierce

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations TOBY, and thank you for the report, Amber. We're honored to have you covering the BSR :)

The next BSR will be scheduled for Saturday, March 31st at 8:30 pm pst (9:30 pm cst, 11:30 est) at the Skara Brae Fairgrounds.

EM Godiva

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hrm. I am not sure why the new ones are not working either. I had *just* bought them from the Clean-Up Officer so they should not have been bugged. I can take them down, since they work no better than the originals.

I know I have seen other buttes around but I cannot seem to remember where any are, except Minoc but I imagine that one is not an ideal place to to host a tournament.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From what I understand ALL buttes are bugged.