• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Battle of Thermopylae.

• Thread starter imported_Luka Melehan
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Luka Melehan

<table border='1' width='100%' cellpadding='50' cellspacing='0'> <TD BACKGROUND="http://www.geocities.com/spooningmoons/UO/Articles/aislin/woodbak.jpg"> <table border='1' width='100%' cellpadding='20' cellspacing='2'> <tr> <TD BACKGROUND="http://www.geocities.com/spooningmoons/UO/Articles/aislin/parchbak.jpg"> <FONT color="#000000" size="4" face="arial"> <CENTER><U>Battle of Thermopylae.</U> </CENTER>

<FONT color="#000000" size="3" face="arial"> Everyone has a certain day in thier life....a certain event that will cause them to always remember what they were doing that day with absolute clarity. For some it is the day Princess Di left this world, or the day the Challenger failed. For us in Siege Perilous, it may very well be the day The Hoff graced our forums with his....memorable....visage.
<NR> THE EVENT:

This is Worm’s 1st of hopefully many events.

Objective: Worm will defend the pass leading into the Spartan homeland. Invaders must break through WORM’s defense. Once inside the pass, invaders must ravage the Spartans homeland and find the Oracle of Delphi’s magical yellow cloak and escape safely to outside of the pass.

Rules:
1. No mounts
2. No pets
3. No stealthing or hiding
4. No summoning of pets, monsters, ect…
5. No ninja forms (forms that do not allow you to move faster will be permitted.) Necro forms are permitted.
6. No trashtalking (the purpose of the event is to have fun, NOT to see who OWNS who.)
7. Come naked – GM armor will be provided.
8. No artifact hats, sammy legs, or any type of armor will be allowed.
9. No murder counts. Do not give any murder counts at this event. I cannot control if someone does give a count, so you may want to come on a red if you have one. WORM members WILL NOT give counts, or they will be booted from guild.
9. No Gating, must run or walk during event. (Oops, I broke this one to get more folks in...please don't blackball me!!)
10. The only allowed armor is what is provided!

Anyone breaking these rules will be blackballed from future events.

Apparently, these followers of The Hoff....and no, I will not print his picture....are time travelers. We are to be worm-holed into the distant past to fight out the historic day that Sparta stood thier ground against the Persians.

<CENTER>
</CENTER> <FONT color="#000000" size="3" face="arial">

We were to arrive naked, and GM armor was to be provided. As you can see, some effort was made to provide for the emmersion of the event. Once everyone sided up, complete period outfits were provided for everyone.

<CENTER>

As a member of the press, I was granted safe passage between the camps as they prepared for battle.

<CENTER>

The Spartans lined up in an orderly fashion, led by WORM members. Jax, at that time, was having some connection issu...er...worm hole storm...issues. Yeah.

<CENTER>

About this time, WORM discovered my apparent duplicity. But my mates were quick to come to my defense. (Yay TnT!) (*erases that last bit*)

<CENTER>

That obstacle crossed, I followed Jax over to the Persian side, led by Masumatek, and listened in as he explained clearly about the goals and rules. I was impressed, at this point, that both sides seemed very excited about the event and intended to follow through in the way the game was intended.

<CENTER>

Unfortunately, it was very clear early on, that the two prescribed teams were not going to be the only elements in this little game. If there is one thing I have learned in my months here in Siege, the appearance of Everos is never coincidental.

<CENTER>

The Persians charged into the pass and were met by steadfast Spartans!

<CENTER>

And then...to the surprise of all....B^G showed up. Now they have all the equipment needed to start thier own branch of creative anachronism.

Everyone was scattered to the Malas winds, but to The Hoff's credit, things pulled back together a little later inside a neighboring house, owned by Priest.

<CENTER>

I missed most of this in my traveling with no regs and waiting out stat, but by all reports in my vent channel, fun was had by all.

Who won? Who won?

After slapping me around a bit, Masumatek informed me that the day belonged to Persia.

<CENTER>

All in all, I feel the entire event was interesting and thought out. The folks legally participating in it all seemed excited and immersed in thier roles. I was impressed by Masu's house...I got lost more than in all QZ's houses put together, if you can imagine that. And Priest's house was perfect for the finale.

A big 'thank you' and kudos to all involved! I, and many others hope that the efforts made to disrupt this event will not discourage The Hoff from organizing more events in the future. We all had fun! </font> </td> </tr> </table> </td> </tr> </table>

I

imported_Lage

Thanks for the report Luka. Thanks to WORM for the event. It was a lot of fun! The battle in the house was tough.

N

Nerf-Herder

The Spartans won the final round! Thanks for taking the time to post pics Luka.

M

Masumatek

Thanks for a good report. Was a great night.

Thanks to Jax and WORM for the best night I've had on Siege in a longgggggggg time.

And well done my Persian Immortals! Remember...it's the first fight that counts!, and we got them good:p.

G

please next time thing about the rules. i am a stealther so i coud'nt join the event. tastes a bit unfair...

G

<blockquote><hr>

I was a bit offended those of us in BG werent invited

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't it displayed as an open invitation on the shard calendar for days.

I think all you had to do was show up.

-Skylark

G

Well Emma, my main is a tamer, hence I'm excluded from virtually all events and then there is nathan who is a stealth ninjar, well so even if either account was active I wouldn't have been able to participate either.

I

imported_Lage

Just because your character has stealth doesn't mean that he can't participate. You just don't stealth.

Your tamer also has another skill like magery no? You could have stayed behind the front lines and healed your fellow spartans.

Sure, one template is at an advantage, but really its more about fun than who's template beats who's. People were constantly being rezzed too and bodies weren't being looted so its an easy recovery.

I

imported_mo'gluk

yeah I agree.... thats why I want full recognition for the stealther faction Da ORC's or Da SKULLZ (if you want a non orc name) and we will form a seperate faction at all events!!!!

M

Masumatek

<blockquote><hr>

please next time thing about the rules. i am a stealther so i coud'nt join the event. tastes a bit unfair...

[/ QUOTE ]

As I believe someone else pointed out, that doesn't stop you from participating. You just can't stealth. You can still fight with your team without using stealth. Hell, even a crafter could participate if they wanted to. They just use their magery skill for the minimal offense they have and to xheal. No magery? Then run around and be a distraction to the enemy...or throw those fire field pots or explode pots!

M

Masumatek

"And thanks Masumatek for the good leadership. I guess we showed those Spartans, ey?"

We sure did:p

Had to give em the later fights of course...wouldn't be being good sports if we didn't after that smashing victory of the first battle:).

G

HeHe! My crafter did participate. Silent.

Of course, he wasn't very effective, but he makes a nice corpse.

I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

HeHe! My crafter did participate. Silent.

Of course, he wasn't very effective, but he makes a nice corpse.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...

Was that you? You are one crazy crafter and fun.. Which was the name of the game last night...

Was great to play with players last night that were so understanding and patient of Jax's problem of not getting the chest and houses opened up like we had planned beforehand so everyone could wait on themselves... Could not do it ahead of time for obvious reasons with threats to our supplies and we worked hard on those supplies. This was why everything was locked securely until event and then Jax lost connection and had to get on the road to find one.... amazing guildmaster and event leader..

There are several names that have not been mentioned that played an important part in the preparation for our first Wormhole Warrior Event.. Behind the scene help and we appreciate you all so much. Uppermost is my friend Fid.

I would like to recognize and thank Fidessa for being there to help take some of the load off by unselfishly donating resources and also helping Jax get his character ready in such a short time by donating personal time and equiptment to him...

Fidessa, you are one in a million and it won't go unnoticed...

F

Fidessa

Thank you for the kind words sweet Magnolia, but I merely had a tiny part in all of this. Who won't do anything to make a friend happy?

I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

Thank you for the kind words sweet Magnolia, but I merely had a tiny part in all of this. Who won't do anything to make a friend happy?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was so tired... That I forgot to mention someone very important that made the backdrop to this event so great...

Chip and Hugh gave me their wonderful house and thus location which turned out to be a perfect spot for some of our events and great possiblities for future battles even with raids.. Especially with raids eh heh...

Chip, if you ever want to play a little wormhole warrior.. You guys will be much honored for your generosity.

T

TeleV

Awesome!!!!!

Whens the next event? I'm looking forward to more fun.

G

<u>Dola</u> (let's see if I can remember her skills)
Taming
Vet
Lore
Ninja
Hiding
Stealth
and magery in there to gate (mainly to treasure islands)

I couldn't tell you how much of each she has I honestly don't remember

<u>Nathan</u>
Ninja
Hiding
Stealth
Poison
Fencing

and I don't remember what else

I

imported_Lage

Use human 20 magery to cast level 1 heal on your teammates.

Use spellweaving heal on your teammates.

Throw explode pots on reds.

Dola, if you don't want to participate that's fine but don't blame the event from excluding you.

M

Masumatek

Ninja=shurikens
Poison=an offense
Fencing=an offense

and magery in there to gate (mainly to treasure islands)

how much magery? Even with low you can cast some assist spells.

And as Lage said, pots are also an option.

G

really all a moot point, both those chars are turned off, the only one I will turn on in the next month will be Dola to transfer the house so it doesn't fall to release lock downs etc