• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Baja Roleplaying Community Gathering 2.0

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Attention, Roleplayers!
Announcing the
Baja Roleplaying Community Gathering 2.0
By WarderDragon [BRPA]

Greetings, Citizens of Baja!

We had an awesome showing Friday Night, and I would like to thank each and every one of you for attending our Community Gathering. In all honesty, I was expecting maybe a handful, not a crowd lining both walls. Thank you!

Unfortunately, we only have just begun discussing how we plan to rebuild our shards roleplaying community, and barely scratched the surface of the agenda I had planned before WildStar was napping in her chair, Ceno was begging for the voices to stop, and Cicero was threatening me with a healthy dose of flogging if I went over 200 hundred words.

So, with that said, I would like to call a special meeting this Wednesday Evening. I know it is short notice, but there are a couple matters that need to be discussed shortly (The Avalon Question). Once again, everyone is invited, and I hope to see you all there.

Date: Wednesday, April 08th.
Time: 6pm Pacific, 9pm Eastern.

We will start the evening with:
- An introduction by Nicholas the Old (WarderDragon).
- A moment for Alliance Guilds that were not present last time, to briefly introduce themselves if they wish.
On the agenda:
- The Avalon Question: What do we want to see happen to the Avalon Town Hall?
- Preserving Our History: The recovery of roleplaying-guild artifacts and books that have been lost.
- Sleath Shall Give Them Blood, And They Will Love Him For It: The Dark Tower Games.
- Roleplay Tavern Nights

You might notice that several items on the agenda, such as the Geopolitical Map of Sosaria and the New Spring Storyline, are mysteriously absent from this updated agenda. Don't worry, we'll be saving these for a meeting in the next week or two.

I look forward to seeing you all there!

WarderDragon (Nicholas the Old)
The Baja Roleplaying & Event Alliance [BRPA]
The Kingdom of Dawn [DWN]
The Dawn Royal Guard [D-G]
The Guardians of Virtue [GoV]
The Ministry of Pain [-+-]
The Dark Tower [DT]
Lumaria [LUMI]
The Malleus Maleficarum [ ][ }
The Lost Order of Asha'man [L*A]
The Sierra Cascade Shipping & Trading Co. [S#C]
The Citizens of Old Trinsic [TRIN]
PaxLair [PAX_]
The Crest of Courageous Hearts [*CH*]
The Keepers of the Tower [K T]
The Twilight Fellowship [T.F]
Queen Shieba's Alliance [QSA]
The Sun Hawks [SUN*]
__________________​

** The Baja Roleplaying & Event Alliance [BRPA] **
Nicholas the Old [BRPA, Baja], Vash the Harper [BRPA, Chesapeake], Kenshin Hirokami [BRPA, Siege Perilous]

Annonymous User

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For us that were not able to make it, IE work or other commitments, can we have this summed up for us some where so we don't have to miss out on all the good information that I am sure was passed around .

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course!
There will be seperate posts however so to better detail what was talked about and what YOU the people of Baja can do about things!
This is our game people! WE create our stories! And I think its dang near Baja's time to lead the way!

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*prys his eyelids open with a pair of toothpicks*

I...must...stay...awake...! *gulps down Grizelda's Elixer of Energy*

The first item of discussion was the Avalon Town Hall. We spent the better portion of two hours on the subject, before I finally realized that with so many opinions and ideas, the best way to get everyones thoughts to Seppo and Mesanna would be for them to actually read your own thoughts. Therefore, to those who were at the event and to those who might wish to contribute, please purchase a blue book and write down any ideas or suggestions you have for the remains of the Avalon Town Hall. You can either deliver them to Seppo directly, or you can hand them to WildStar or myself, and we'll make sure they get to him.

The next item of discussion was the name of the oracle. Katrina D'antres and I both remembered the UOSpotlight on Avalon, written almost ten years ago, that mentioned a young lady named Tonya (the daughter of one of the citizens, and the main character of the piece). We decided that it would be most appropriate to have such an oracle represent the grown up Tonya, therefore we chose: "Tonya, the Curator of Avalon."

We then moved on to discuss recovering items that belonged to old roleplaying communities, and the upcoming Dark Tower Games (I will allow Sleath to summarize this part if he so chooses).

I wrapped it up with a short speech, and a small announcement that you shall be hearing on the message boards in the coming days.