• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Attention Archers! BSR, March 21 and Results of February BSR Sponsored by M!S

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Attention Archers! The March Best Shot in the Realm, sponsored by Misfits of Society, will be held on Saturday, March 21, 2009, at 8:30 pm Pacific (9:30 pm Mountain, 10:30 pm Central, 11:30 Eastern). All archers of the land are encouraged and invited to gather at the Skara Brae Fairgrounds.
------------------------------------------------------

The last BSR was held on February 7th, 2009, at Lady Dixie Lonestar's residence. (Holding a BSR in a residence had always been a dream of the founders of S|A. It was only fitting that the first BSR sponsored by M!S fulfilled that dream.) Lady Dixie and Grim Reaper greeted the archers and recorded their names for score keeping.

They then teleported to the rooftop were Lady Dixie had provided two archery buttes and seats for the contestants and the spectators.

After a quick welcome and reading of the rules by Toni Fierce, the archery contest got underway!

The score keepers/judges were Ahebban and Lil Debi. The bow resetting and entertainment were provided by Citrus.

The contestants were as follows:
  1. Bucko
  2. Chango [PSA]
  3. Anya Kat [K?A]
  4. Bogartt [UG.K]
  5. Lord Frigin Azim, BoH
  6. chocalot [TAO]
  7. Lady Aeon Flux [TAO]
  8. Lord Sean Brega [TAO]
  9. Lady Kathryn [TAO]
  10. Lord Thanin Quickbeam
  11. Zanza [S|A]
  12. Cherokee [B*R]
  13. Bumble Bee [$CF$]
  14. Howard Hill [UG.K]
  15. Llama [M!S]
  16. PoePoe [M!S]
  17. Lil Debi [M!S]
In the first round, a score of 70 needed to be attained to make it to the 2nd round. Bucko's arrows got caught by the wind, and he received a consolation prize of 50k.

In the second round, 100 was the score to beat to qualify for the third round. The wind was not with Aeon Flux, Llama, chocolat and Sean Brega.

In the third round, a score of 150 needed to be attained to get to the 4th round. Anya Kat, Quickbeam, Lil Debi, Cherokee, Bumblebee, and Thanin Quickbeam were relegated to the stands.

The tension mounted in the fourth round, where a score of 200 would determine the winner. Chango, Frigin Azin, Zanza, Poepoe and Howard Hill gave it their best, but Lady Kathryn prevailed and took home the title of Best Shot in the Realm!

Lady Kathryn won an engraved bow made especially for the BSR contest, and a one million gold check, which she generously donated back for future BSR contests.

Congratulations to Lady Kathryn, and thank you to all the archers that came out and supported the event. We hope to see you on March 21st at the Skara Brae Fairgrounds!
During the event, it was noticed we had an unexpected spectator in the gallery.

Although Kullervo Nystad is not an archer, he did accommodate the crowd's requests and took a turn at the buttes after the competition was over.

Score Sheet

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice!! This time I'll be there!!

*marks calander*

Hazz

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, the pictures threw me off until I recognized it was a private residence. Nice work.

L

Lissa Eldi

I was very much looking forward to attending this grand event (as Mireyna of Paxlair), and I was not disappointed!
Thanks to all of those who work so hard on putting it together and hosting, you did a fabulous job! Thanks also to the attendees, a classy group if I ever saw one. :)