[News]Anok Libertine and Dyr Nox Wed ~ Die in Khaldun April 16th

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Great Lakes News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 22, 2010

This past weekend the well known Anok Libertine and Dyr Nox tied the knot.

The night before this wedding I picked out a pretty AoS pink dress and was ready for the wedding and reception to follow. Real life once again got in the way, it happens sometimes, and I was not able to attend. I rarely miss a Great Lakes wedding and was sad to miss this one as both have a long history on our shard.

WE IN THE NEWS DEPARTMENT WISH THEM MUCH HAPPINESS AND LONG LASTING LOVE! ~

On a different note below are the details on an upcoming event, Die in Khaldun. Friday, April 16th, at 8 p.m. CDT

You can get to Khaldun on your own (and even arrive early) if you like, but there will also be gates from these locations in Felucca:

A few steps southeast of the Britain moongate
A few steps southeast of the Minoc moongate
A few steps southeast of the Buc's Den moongate
A few steps east of the Chaos Shrine

The first pair of gates will be cast first, the second pair about a minute later. They will remain open throughout the event. I have placed four lanterns in Khaldun to show you where the gates will go. Plan your strategies accordingly. You will know the event is over when the lanterns disappear.

You hear the workers of Khaldun in your nightmares:

We call to you from the Tomb of Khal Ankur. We who sweated and toiled for the glory of the expedition leaders. We who are forgotten.

We challenge you! Our spirits grow strong in bitterness and rage as we gather for battle. Can you outwit us? Can you outwit those who trapped us here? Some of you may escape this hell, but we will force even those to carry our memories with them.

For centuries we've mouldered, enduring the fanatical rantings of the zealots and the bluster of the expedition leaders. We crave the company of new spirits to entertain us with stories of their lives and adventures. Come die with us...​

More...

Lady Lava

UO Senior News Reporter
Alumni
Apr 7, 2004
Anok Libertine married Dyr Nox on Sunday, April 11th, at 4:20 p.m. CDT.
They exchanged silver rings which were both engraved, "divine these
whispered songs of mayhem in our hearts rapt nigh in chaos". The wedding
was held on the bridge in Trinsic Park. EM Malachi officiated. The wedding
colors were black, red, and white and the theme was chaos.

T

Trebr Drab

This is really well written and entertaining to read. I wish the official UO stuff was this good, not that it's terribly bad.

I don't know how the Khaldun event went, I avoided it because I tend to lose too much of that which is in short supply. In the old days before the age of items and artifacts and balanced monsters to the fore mentioned, I would have been there and lost that which is easily replaced.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 1, 2008
This is really well written and entertaining to read. I wish the official UO stuff was this good, not that it's terribly bad.

I don't know how the Khaldun event went, I avoided it because I tend to lose too much of that which is in short supply. In the old days before the age of items and artifacts and balanced monsters to the fore mentioned, I would have been there and lost that which is easily replaced.
errrhhhmmm.... item insurance?

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 27, 2007
Nameless Rune, Yew, Great Lakes

Trebr, you wouldn't know how it went, seeing as it hasn't happened yet...

Lava: You might want to completely separate two news items into two stories... Your headline may make people think Anok and Dyr were wed and then promptly died in Khaldun, which would be most unfortunate... :gee:

T

Trebr Drab

errrhhhmmm.... item insurance?
Dost thou not seek Virtue?

T

Trebr Drab

Lava: You might want to completely separate two news items into two stories... Your headline may make people think Anok and Dyr were wed and then promptly died in Khaldun, which would be most unfortunate... :gee:
Ahh, well, I avoided it anyways. Some Honeymoon, eh?

Lady Lava

UO Senior News Reporter
Alumni
Apr 7, 2004

Martyna you crack me up. Once in a while I put two articles together on purpose for the very reason you mentioned. A misleading title peeks interest.

I miss your reporting !!!!!!

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 27, 2007
Nameless Rune, Yew, Great Lakes
Martyna you crack me up. Once in a while I put two articles together on purpose for the very reason you mentioned. A misleading title peeks interest.

I miss your reporting !!!!!!

I miss it too, but The Powers That Be here would rather protect Mythic from the scary, scary world and the reality of what people think of their actions since last summer. *shrugs*