• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] A shard wide tour of Event Moderator's Homes

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yesterday evening, this reporter decided to take a tour of other worlds and began a trek of all the North American shards, with two little excursions to Drachenfels and Oceania (lovely places by the way) to see all the decoration the Event Moderator’s (EM’s) have done to the counselor guilds.

My journey began on Legends, where I found a very well decorated guild, which included a Wedding Planning Center created by EM Tashik and a very well stocked bar!

Next, I moved along to Atlantic, where I came to the front of the Counselor Guild to find a very nice use of virtue tiles and a very regal interior design. This reporter was very impressed by the decoration done by EM’s Kanmare and Sykobri.

The next leg of my journey took me to my home shard, Lake Superior. I spent quite a few moons wandering around “touching their stuff”. EMs Autolycus and Quantum have made very interesting use of odd decorative items, such as a display of the “Whump’em Stick”. Although that is just but one example, there are many other interesting items!

Moving along to the shard of Great Lakes, I found a lovely decorated guild in a tavern style. The EM’s Iatu and Malachi made great use of plants and a fire pit. It was a very cozy arrangement with a long bar on one wall. Alas, I did not find their bar stock! They must have heard I was coming to visit. *sigh*

Onward to the next shard of Chesapeake, where I found the town of Brit under invasion and my newblet self ran as fast as she could to the Counselor Guild. I found a very well decorated guild in a restaurant style with a bar, oven, preparations for a meal, games and a warm fire pit. EM Tailspin has done a very good job. I have to thank Nancy who came by just in time to help me with an invis so I could log my little newblet out safely. Thank you Nancy!

The next step in this trek of shards took me to Catskills, where I found several items of interest. The first being, a shield on the ground with a title of “Kasaven has been captured – Possibly by the Royal Guards! Details as I find them out. – Owain”. There was a book laying on top of the shield which yielded the following information:

My Search for Kasaven, by Owain Surrey
For the past few days, I have searched for Kasaven assiduously, to no avail.

I have checked the jails of Yew and others, suspecting they trapped him inside by some arcane means, yet I have found not.

I have searched Blackthorn’s castle, I have searched the Orc Fort in Cove, I have searched the depths of feluccian dungeons, and I have found not.

I have not sensed his presence in my any means, and I fear that he is either in an imprisioned behind a wall of vile theurgies or he is slain. I hope for the former, but in either case I believe that we are dealing with a foe much more powerful than Casca or the royal guards.

On this night, I will delay my search for the moment and rest, hopefully finding answers in my dreams.

God save us all – Owain

Now, this reporter finds that very interesting. Also the decorations in this Counselor’s Guild were a bit on the evil side, possibly a determent or maybe foreboding? The Red book on the far left sitting atop a pedestal was entitled “A Treatise on Demonic Magics” and note the burning skull in the center of the room, right next to the fresh body parts laying scattered about… Does anyone know the whereabouts of EM Kasaven?

The next leg of my journey took me to Origin where EM Laurana has created a house next door with the Wedding Services of Origin. The decorations included a roaring fireplace with plenty of firewood nearby, a book with Cacsa’s Speech, fully stocked bar (my personal favorite) and lots of comfortable seating through out.

Traveling next to the shard of Pacific, where EM Cyno Razik has created a “Mystery House of Questionable Origin” next door to the Counselor’s Guild. The EM’s have made a bold blood red stage surrounded by magical crystals with plenty of seating for the people of this shard. This was a great combination of red and black theme.

Moving along to the next shard on the list, I found my way to Sonoma. Where EM Eira has created a Wedding House next door and decorated the Counselor’s guild with sashes from many different EM’s. The decorations included a book with the History of Sonoma, tables for gaming and even a Massage Table!! Way to go EM Eira!

My next destination was Lake Austin, where I was very much surprised to find an empty Counselor’s Guild, but next door EM Annendora has created a Center for Wedding Services for the shard. Maybe we need to help the EM’s with some decorating ideas for Lake Austin?

The next step in my journey was to Baja and also a very interesting experience as I met up with Samarian, Nicholas the Old, and shard reporter Oriana! It was quite an evening as Samarian shared that he had discovered there were parts of Lord British’s Castle that are no longer accessible, such as the roofs and upstairs. Nicholas the Old surmised that Casca must have warded the building. The Counselor’s Guild has been very nicely decorated by EM’s Seppo and Pallando with red curtains behind the stage and magic sparkles in front. There are many books along the left side for the citizens reading pleasure such as Casca’s speech, tales of the Nystad Twins and others.

The next leg of my travels led me to Napa Valley which sadly remains undecorated as you can see below. Maybe the LS EM’s could take a short journey to Napa to give them a hand!

Thanks to the heads up from Canary and Teeshy, I made an additional trip to the lovely shard of Oceania. Teeshy was correct in that EM Aeon has done a very nice job in decorating their Counselor’s Guild. They have their very own outdoor bar which serves Foster’s Beer and Apple Isle Whiskey. A shard after me own heart! The interior is decorated with a very large seating area as well as some unusual statues.

The next to last stop on my trek of shards to visit all the EM Centers was to Drachenfels. EM Immortal has created an Event Manager’s office next door to the Counselor’s Guild. This EM has done a very fine job of decorating the Guild with a large stage in one corner, a long table for celebrating, and gaming. I love the blue banners and seating.

And last but certainly in no way least, I visited Seige. EM Alcor has done a wonderful job with the Counselor’s Guild. It was very colorfully done with blue and green sandstone tables and a large shield behind the EM’s table which stated “Welcome to Siege Perilous!”.

Well I hope you enjoyed the tour of shards EM’s houses. I certainly enjoyed taking the journey. Safe journey’s to all. And a big Huzzah! to all the new Event Moderators!

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Beautifully done Tia! Thank you so much for this tour and perhaps we can lend a hand to other shards with empty halls. Me thinks Stupid Miner should stealth in there one day and perty it up and screen pic it hehe.

T

Teeshy

Oh nice report Lady Tia!

Really interesting to see how each shard is decorated so differently =)

You should've come visit Oceania too, Aeon has done a really lovely job on our Hall =) (though I still think there should be flamingos! MORE FLAMINGOS I say! =D)

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh nice report Lady Tia!

Really interesting to see how each shard is decorated so differently =)

You should've come visit Oceania too, Aeon has done a really lovely job on our Hall =) (though I still think there should be flamingos! MORE FLAMINGOS I say! =D)
I'm on it Teeshy! Will edit my post and add Oceania to it as well!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Did you read the plaques on the wall in Siege? It was a good chuckle for me. *winks*

Nice job!

T

Teeshy

Thanks fro visiting Oce too!

*grins* You've really given me the itch now.

I think I have to go do a tour too =)

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An excellent report Lady Tia!!!!!

I highly recommend touring our UO World. It is facinating to see the sometimes subtle, sometimes outstanding differences in the shards and meet the people who live there.

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you all! It was work and it was fun! I have been back to several shards to recheck things afterwards just to be sure about my report. I have enjoyed this latest endeavor! Thank you all again!

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Me think little deco elves read your EM tour post Tia *winks*

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the tour.

Just a little note on Catskills... The body parts aren't part of the decor.

And one more note, the decor DEFINITELY fits EM Kasavan.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh no!! If I had known I was going to have my picture taken I'd have worn a dress!! Joking aside. Thanks Tia for the tour. Now I wonder when our EM is going to put up the Wedding Planning House. hmmm.

Oh and if you don't mind I'm going to post a link to here on Baja so that they may see as well!!!

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not know why Samarian from Baja told you that you cannot get to the roof of Lord Brits castle but as I type this i am standing on the roof =P
we have a nice lantern on there that says "Don't think about it - You can be jailed"
Although my OLD runes do not work to get up there, but I was still able to get up there by means I will not say and have since marked new runes that DO work.

Now my OLD runes were not working BEFORE Casca came

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The body parts you found on Catskills more then likely are from an unstable vampire on our shard who has a love of blackrock. He keeps practicing for the day he may get a chance to kill Lord Casca. he tried once at Cascas speech but got more blood and body parts on the audience then on Casca.

Next time you come through on a tour get hold of me and I will show you around.

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the tour.

Just a little note on Catskills... The body parts aren't part of the decor.

And one more note, the decor DEFINITELY fits EM Kasavan.
Yes, they were not a part of the decor, they were real dead body parts. Owners unknown...

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The body parts you found on Catskills more then likely are from an unstable vampire on our shard who has a love of blackrock. He keeps practicing for the day he may get a chance to kill Lord Casca. he tried once at Cascas speech but got more blood and body parts on the audience then on Casca.

Next time you come through on a tour get hold of me and I will show you around.
Ahhhh, good luck to your vampire then!
And, thank you Vallend, I will take you up on that tour!

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Update!!! Wewt! I love it when a plan comes together!

An update on the EM’s housing, Napa Valley’s Counselor’s Guild has been decorated! They did a lovely design with plenty of seating and even an office for the EM’s. There is a very conspicuous banana there as well…. OH did I mention they have a bar!!! Great job to EM’s Sezja, Kaen, Pallando, and Janae! Thanks for the love to Napa Valley!

Here are some before and after pictures for your viewing pleasure!

Now we just need to give Lake Austin a little bit of love Devs! Airmid and I will bring our crafters to help!! Thanks to the devs for moving forward with Napa Valley! We do appreciate all your hard work!

One note, there is now a shield at Lake Austin. See below.

Thanks again to our great developers. It is much appreciated!

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh no!! If I had known I was going to have my picture taken I'd have worn a dress!! Joking aside. Thanks Tia for the tour. Now I wonder when our EM is going to put up the Wedding Planning House. hmmm.

Oh and if you don't mind I'm going to post a link to here on Baja so that they may see as well!!!
If I had known I was going to be on a male character named Desire and be meeting you I would have.... well.. yeah

G

Gwendolynne

The Counselor's Guild on Lake Austin is now decorated.