• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] A Knight in Wintermoor

G

<table width="100%" border="0" background="http://uo.stratics.com/newspics/siege/backgrounds_parchment_01.jpg" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tr> <td bgcolor="#000000"></td> <td bgcolor="#000000" width="749"></td> <td bgcolor="#000000"></td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#000000"> </td> <td width="749"> <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center" bgcolor="#000000"> <tr> <td rowspan="2" width="70" align="left" halign="left">
</td> <td align="middle" halign="center">
</td> <td rowspan="2" width="70" halign="right">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="middle" halign="center">
</td> <td align="right"> </td> <td> </td> </tr> </table>

emporary reporter Beatrice Quill here, filling in for the sleepy one again!
*hastily hides lockpicks and rough notes on how to break into Otto's office*

The mountain town of Wintermoor was a busy place last night, as people from here, there and everywhere, came to honor one of the most loved members of Siege's community!

During the night, I saw folks from KSS, CWS, REV, I^A, DEUS, NEW, EOD, DR, ^V^, CA, ZNTO, TSR, and many more besides! Many diverse folks gathered and stood peacefully - a clear indication of how much Miranda means to the community! None of them were trying to kill each other - although I think I did hear a few low growls here and there!

After showing consistant faithful service, constant opposition to evil, bravery even in the face of overwhelming odds, and swinging a pretty mean bola, not to mention filling a large number of homes on Siege with her lovingly made furniture and other goods, Squire Craftswoman Miranda of KSS was no more.

Aye. She is gone. We will never see her like again.

*bows head*

*raises head, smiles*

Because, after a fine ceremony on a packed temple rooftop last night, Miranda was knighted!

Squire no more - All Hail Knight Miranda, of the Knights of the Silver Serpent!

Miranda appeared before the gathered crowd dressed in a newly made suit of blue dragon plate, as per KSS tradition.

Knight Commander Py Lethius lead the ceremony.

This was a private ceremony, for the Knights and their friends and allies, so I will not repeat all that was spoken here, but here are portions of Commander Py's inspiring speach:

<table border="2" width="95%" bgcolor="#000000" bordercolor="#0000ff" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" align="center"> <tr> <td><font color="#00a0d0">

<p align="center">

</p>

round us, are the shields of men and women who have served this order.
They came for one reason or another in their minds, but it is one force that drives us to seek our highest.

In other lands, perhaps they call it something else.
In this place, we call it Mithras.

This sword, a symbol of our order...
Steel hard, and unyielding, but infused with a light, The Flame, as we call it,
that lives in the Hearts of men and women ..

In the eyes of her Lord, her peers, and Mithras
Squire Miranda has earned the title of Knight.

What does it mean to be a Knight?
Mithras teaches us the Three Principles
Truth, Courage and Honor.
A Knight is bound by the Ancient Code.

<p align="center">
</p>

A Knight of Mithras must be respectful of all beliefs and customs, never offending the faith of another.
A Knight must respect all those who are weak or defenseless, whether because of age, infirmity, poverty, or vow, and be steadfast in defending them.
Her word must be dependable beyond doubt or question.
She must never flee from the face of her foes.
She must be generous to all.

And, always and everywhere, She must be the champion of the right and the good.
The Laws of this land and the Evil that plagues it require that a knight hold to Truth, and as these noble gentleman and ladies attest; and that a Knight be loyal to her Liege-Lord. 

<p align="center">
</p>

</font> </td> </tr> </table>
And Miranda rose, duely dubbed a Knight!

The rooftop was filled with cheers, fireworks, and words of congratulations!

As Py said, it was a fine thing that so many could come together in peace, and, I think, a clear indication of how many people Miranda has meant something to in all her time in the lands of Siege!

<div>It was a lovely ceremony, and the after-party was fun too! I saw more folks there - Waka, REV, TSR, and more! Unfortunately, I had to leave early, to see to a certain stricken miner, unable to control his trips to dream-land, but last night was a lot of fun!

Congratulations again, Miranda!

You may only ever have lifted your bow in battle twice - but you deserve it just as much as anyone who was ever knighted before you!

Congratulations!  And thank you to everyone who helped make it such a lovely evening!

Hopefully, I'll be able to return you to your regularly scheduled reporter/news manager soon!

*forges Otto's signature, re-locks door, wipes off fingerprints carefully*

</div></td> <td bgcolor="#000000"></td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#000000"></td> <td width="749" bgcolor="#000000"> <p align="center">
</p></td> <td bgcolor="#000000"> </td> </tr> </table>

G

Hearty congratulations to Miranda.

I regret being unable to attend in person.

M

Mandolin

*mutters an apology for one those "growls"*

Congrats dear.. it was a very beautiful ceremony. And, it was a well deserved promotion. Kat and I were honored to be present. *bows*

G

This shard report is an incompetent !!
Why not to mention the cowardly acts of the knights, that saw a horde of Vampires outside and didnt come to fight ???
PFTT
Mithras is a pathetic god..
the Damned RULES Sosaria !!!!!!!!!

B

Beatrice Quill

Um... sorry, Mr WyRm sir, but I'm not a real reporter. The real reporters are either off stabbing someone *looks around hopefully for Wulf* or trying to shake off the effects of a really nasty disability. I just do what I can, here and there.

I heard some clanging downstairs while at the temple, but I thought that was just the Wintermoor snow shoveling team, clearing the pathways of ice again.

Still, assuming one or two knights did notice you down there, I'm imagine it comes down to what's more important - honoring a good friend, or having a cheap brawl in the street. I'd say they made the right decision.

Now, can you head over to my house at some point? The garden needs some work, and I could really do with advice from some experts in garden gnome arranging.

*flutters eyelids unconvincingly*

G

Well, it is true the report was woefully lacking in coverage of the VmP (unsuccessful) attempt to re-enact the marching around the walls of Jericho, but since the topic of the report was the knighting of Lady Miranda, I would say the stand-in reporter fulfilled that requirement quite adequately.

However, since you want more coverage, I will say that from my vantage point on the east wall, I witnessed the death of a cute llama named Lightening (heard his sad little death grunt too
) due to the penetrating green fumes being repeatedly released about the temple by the merry-go-round undead. Fortunately my darling giant gummy worm, and the mounts and pets of others escaped such a fate. Also, by way of information for future attendees, it appears that vampires have a zero tolerance policy towards tardiness at formal events. I noted that poor Arch Angel, a late arrival, was relieved of his spiffy formal attire, and obliged to attend the reception a la death robe, but fortunately no one else places importance on such a thing.

-Skylark

A

Ariel SP

Congratulations to Miranda.
I wish i could have been there.

G

Congratulation Miranda.

I am sorry that Skittles and I were unable to attend. I was suffering from a case of the stomach flu and my dear Skittles didnt want to leave me at home un-guarded.

*bows*
Lady Severina

G

Hail to thee oh Damned one !

Now sometimes sire sir Wyrm, something occurs that is well an extremely rare occurrance like a Knighting ceremony, of any one of us within the ranks of the KSS. And sometimes something occurs that is frankly just ordinary every day fare; like fighting yall which can &amp; does occur any ol' day of the week of the year, thus meh, tis not that special nor rare of an occurance, to warrent an exit from such a rare ceremony, just to do every day fare like fighting thee all of the time.

It takes utmost courage, restraint and maturity, by all whom were attending via such diverse guilds and non guilds even from across our shard, to stand firm together, to execute and to permit what seemed to be the priority at the moment for us all, a knighting ceremony, over common street brawling 24.7.

I do wish to thank thee for ye entertaining circle dance of ice and snow removal down there though, and for yall helping to keep Wintermoor snow drifts packed down some, on those higher snow drifts out there by Temple.. aye ..it twas a job that needed being done... by someone.

I did take a painting of all me guests after my Knighting with all names to show every guest that attended me ceremony there, and well as ye can see below in the snow outide is the snow drift removal team with vmp names in the painting too. We do thank ye for plowing our snow drifts for us Sire Damned one.

My deep felt thanks to all from so many diverse guilds and towns of Siege, whom attended my Knighting ceremony atop the Temple Of Mithras and for all those of ye whom even more so came to attend even later on, for the wonderful reception that was held at our Priestess's enchanting garden home after the ceremony.

Tis a wonderful shard we have here &amp; my thanks to each and every one of ye for ye friendship as well, whether ye were able to attend or presented gifts or for those of ye whom had to work or to sleep last night, the many heartfelt cards, gifts, messages from ye all whom could attend and also from those whom of ye could not attend as well which were sent or given to me. Each card, msg and gift will be treasured by me for forever ! Thank you one and all.

*bows*

Kelden

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations! Must have been quite a party after that, ey? Sorry i missed it too

A

Angharad Longbow

Attending the Knighting ceremony in the very midst of those whom I have grown to respect and admire was an honor and a memory that I shall forever hold as keepsake of a magnificent event.

All hail the Knight Miranda!

K

Kat SP

My sincerest congratulations to you Miranda! The ceremony was lovely, as were you. It was an honor to be present on this most special occasion.

*Bows deeply*

Best wishes and again, Congratulations to you!

V

Virgil Tempest

Congratulations. I wish I could have been there.

*kicks malfunctioning grapevine*

K

Kemo/Dras

I was glad to have witnessed the ceremony here on vacation in Kemoland despite my sunburn.

Lord Quentico
Flame Guardian
TSR - The Seeker's of Righteousness

I

imported_Daan Mor

Awww, look, Kemo and Quen have got that husband/wife thing going where they accidentally post with each others accounts. Thats really sweet. Good luck to you both!

F

Feyre

Same stuff differnet week, we need someone to report on actual events around the shard. Curse you wulf and your quittingness.

G

I'm actually surprised that no one did a news story on the WAKA war. Heck, a large portion of the shard was involved in that. I think that qualifies as shard news.

F

Feyre

Well all we got is mr KSS events/Storynight/Copypaste from strats main page, and mr inactive reporter. So much interesting news is always happening and noone is covering it, need someone in a main guild doing it as they are the ones generally involved.

F

Feyre

Im not much a writer
My stuff would consist of
there was some guys here
we fought alot
we/they won
we/they lol's

M

Mandolin

rtlfc...

Shard reporter is a lot of work. Its even more work when you have no leads. There is an email address for submitting news ideas: [email protected]

Of course, we also have our underused Events Calendar. *looks up and sees just Story Night*

I'd suggest.. instead of a generic demand for more news stories or better variety.. why not make it a productive request and give our news reporters an idea of "what" kind of news everyone would like to read.

I for one, really enjoyed the Interviews with various personalities and would like to see more of those in the future.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Oh.. sidenote... everyone is welcome to submit news stories at the email address above as well. Reporters have always encouraged community contributions.

G

Ok! I can give an idea...
How about a news story on the new Mayor of Zento and what he and his associates are doing to clean up the town?

I think that would make for an interesting RP-ish type story.

G

*nods* Otto and Bea do an admirable job of reporting the events that are well advertised. In regard to the War, I am certain that Otto contributed to that as well, with in the context of that thread.

While this shard may not have as many players as some, we are actually quite busy. There are many noteworthy things happening, yet we as a shard seem to be very reticent to announce them in a public way. Any public announcement seems to draw pests. *chuckles*

Any way, I seem to be rambling. I see some critics out there, I see few folks helping the reporters.

G

Another idea!

How about interviews with different Siege personalities?

*Pyrite
*Kelmo
*Memnoch
*Wulf
*Ibichi
*The lethal cook... Skylark
*Aeric
*Draxous
*Py
*and others?

There could be a featured interview with a person once a week.

G

Some news stories involving Siege's history wouldnt be a bad idea either.
Perhaps Pyrite or others who have been here a long time can contribute some old screen shots with some information about an important past event that happened on the shard. Or a past guild that played an important role in what Siege used to be.(IE: The Orcs, UND... etc) It would certainly be interesting and might help our new comers learn about the shard.

G

<blockquote><hr>

*nods* Otto and Bea do an admirable job of reporting the events that are well advertised. In regard to the War, I am certain that Otto contributed to that as well, with in the context of that thread.

While this shard may not have as many players as some, we are actually quite busy. There are many noteworthy things happening, yet we as a shard seem to be very reticent to announce them in a public way. Any public announcement seems to draw pests. *chuckles*

Any way, I seem to be rambling. I see some critics out there, I see few folks helping the reporters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, they do an excellent job.
Diversity is a great thing though too.

Perhaps weekly spotlights of different guilds, different vendor shop owners and such would be good as well?

I noticed on the other shard that I am a member of, that their news person often does stories about guilds, unique individuals, mall owners, auction house owners and such. Those are all good ideas too, since there isnt a lot of events happening on our shard right now.

Rizarium

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wonders if he can still congradulate Miranda in this thread......Oh well

Well done Miranda!!

Safe Journies
Riz

I

imported_Daan Mor

Aye, this is a KSS re-rail! Congratulations Mir!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Wonders if he can still congradulate Miranda in this thread......

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and you could even congratulate her if you wanted!

-Skylark

Rizarium

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Darn! Just when we were back on track, someone threw a huge pair of smarty pants on the tracks! :)

CongraTulations Knight Miranda!!

Safe Journies
Riz

K

KaziRB

Im kind of regretting not being able to go, even though I most certainly would not have been welcomed. However while never being a knight of Mithras let alone an initiate (I dont have that kind of steadfast morality) I spent time with them, and have always respected the knights for what they do, Its good to see them more active, for a while I feared you had all disapeared!
Knights, while I can promise nothing on the behalf of the 'citizens' of Shadowmire, (indeed attempt killing them if you want by I daresay you might find it a bit difficult [most of them anyway]) I can promise that I will never attack you (KSS) personally, unless of course attacked first.

G

Anyone that came in peace, were accessed and let in for the ceremony.

K

Kemo/Dras

Kemos wont let me log in as Quentico because he wont remember how to log back in as Kemo/Dras. There is absolutely no husband/wife thingy here :p

Now back to the beach...

Lord Quentico in Nujel'm
Flame Guardian
TSR - The Seeker's of Righteousness

<blockquote><hr>

Awww, look, Kemo and Quen have got that husband/wife thing going where they accidentally post with each others accounts. Thats really sweet. Good luck to you both!

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<blockquote><hr>

There is absolutely no husband/wife thingy here :p

[/ QUOTE ]

I always wondered just what those Seekers were looking for... on those three or four "fishing" trips a year...

Again, congratulations Miranda!!