• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(NEWS) 3 Plus Hours Unattended

S

Sebrina

It was a very interesting day!

I serendipitously found myself ONLINE, in UO, several hours after I walked away. Well, I had some "real life" things to take care of. I left my Avatar without logging out at the "Magic Mushroom" on Moonglow Isle, after many hours of scribing recall scrolls for Patrons of our Vendor Shop.

Wow, I was still on after 3 hours of non-attendance. I had not done anything or had any scripts going. I just thought that I would have to log back in. Hmm, no, my character was still there and ready. My thoughts are, "What could I have done unattended for 3 hours, with a script of any kind running?"

I might put up some pictures on this, in the next few hours, but the concern is still there. See, These little details disturb me, where it used to (Auto-log a player OUT,) after 10-15 minutes after no attention or movement, now I've let the character sit (Online- doing nothing,) for 3+ hours. Where is the old thing about, "Your Character has been Idle too long."?

I was shocked and amazed at this. I DO believe in fair play. I thought that after a short period, that my character would auto-log off. To see this was amazing, after all the times that I've been bumped-off for what-ever reason over the years.*wipes blood from both cheeks and other body parts* - *Thanks the gods that it is all only Virtual-Reality, and 2D at that.*

I had nothing to fear then, nor now, but simply contemplate, what exploit someone else might have used during those unattended hours.

*Things that make you wanna-go "Hhhhmmmm?"*

ps, -also something weird going on with scribing, but I just need to report that one. Sorry guys, can't talk about the bug I found. If you found it, just don't do it, and help keep the game clean.

S

Sir Achilles

Sebrina-

If you're in a high traffic area, such as luna bank, your character will stay logged in so long as there are people walking around on your screen. This updates your journal in turn keeping you logged in. Hope this helps :)

D.Blackmoore

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have to agree with Achilles here a whole lot of not much will keep you in game if left unattended birds anything moving into your area will often keep you logged in at times. Lucky ya didnt get wacked! :}

A

AshMoney

It was a very interesting day!

I serendipitously found myself ONLINE, in UO, several hours after I walked away. Well, I had some "real life" things to take care of. I left my Avatar without logging out at the "Magic Mushroom" on Moonglow Isle, after many hours of scribing recall scrolls for Patrons of our Vendor Shop.

Wow, I was still on after 3 hours of non-attendance. I had not done anything or had any scripts going. I just thought that I would have to log back in. Hmm, no, my character was still there and ready. My thoughts are, "What could I have done unattended for 3 hours, with a script of any kind running?"

I might put up some pictures on this, in the next few hours, but the concern is still there. See, These little details disturb me, where it used to (Auto-log a player OUT,) after 10-15 minutes after no attention or movement, now I've let the character sit (Online- doing nothing,) for 3+ hours. Where is the old thing about, "Your Character has been Idle too long."?

I was shocked and amazed at this. I DO believe in fair play. I thought that after a short period, that my character would auto-log off. To see this was amazing, after all the times that I've been bumped-off for what-ever reason over the years.*wipes blood from both cheeks and other body parts* - *Thanks the gods that it is all only Virtual-Reality, and 2D at that.*

I had nothing to fear then, nor now, but simply contemplate, what exploit someone else might have used during those unattended hours.

*Things that make you wanna-go "Hhhhmmmm?"*

ps, -also something weird going on with scribing, but I just need to report that one. Sorry guys, can't talk about the bug I found. If you found it, just don't do it, and help keep the game clean.

Lol....and she marked this thread as "(NEWS)"...lol...