• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] 2nd Feluccan Trade Caravan

K

Kayne

Received the following from Paidric of New Haven. Hope to see many of you there again</p> --------------------------------------

Hello fellow citizens,</p>

Once again our guild will take the road on a trade caravan. This time we'll depart from Britain and head to Trinsic. We expect the trip to be rather dangerous so we look for as many guards as possible. If you don't fear some action, come and join us!

Here is the map of our planned route</p>

Everyone is welcome to join us and help us defend our prized possessions in the dangerous trip.</p>

The caravan will depart the coming Tuesday, enlist yourself!</p>

We count on you!</p>

Paidric of New Haven.</p> ----------------------------------------

This event is intended for all players who want to experience some PvP in a fun and different way. We encourage every player to join us.
Bring your blessed armor and weapons if you fear the insurance cost! Or just buy some GM made armor/weapons.</P>

You can find all details about the concept of the event here : <a target="_blank" href=http://caravan.uosites.com/>http://caravan.uosites.com/</a></p>

<font size=5pt>Schedule and organisation</font></p>

The Caravan will depart on Tuesday 22 of April at 8PM UK Time (9PM CET - 3PM EST).
The meeting point is the Britain Bridge just south of the bank. Gates will be provided from Luna Hall from 7:40PM until 8:10PM (the caravan will be on the road already).
Eight people will be carrying items for the Caravan, those will be engraved bronze Viking Swords carried inside the main backpack of the caravanees.
The goal of the guards is to reach our destination with as much of those items as possible.
The Caravan will be led by N'athuk of [HLP] (though we expect him to die quite a few times being in front). There will be 3 other caravan leaders to help keep some structure.</p>

We hope to see many of you.</p>

Paidric. </p>

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, fun again!

I wonder if those nasty beggars will show up again and make our ears bleed before the fighting even starts ...

S

Scrumpy Jack

Ello you lot!

What you mean "ears bleed"?!

Well, even though Mary and I got scrap last time for our lovely rendition of the song I wrote ESPECIALLY fot the occasion, we won't be discouraged from trying again! I was saving my newest work "House of the Travellers Inn" for the next wedding we crash, but what the hey, I say. So, you can count on being up-lifted by us seeing you off in Britain.

Be prepared!

I

imported_Paidric

Thanks to everyone for your interest in the event!
I look forward to die with... I mean... travel with you all!

There will be more caravan leaders this time though, I hope it will help a little.

See you on Tuesday!

S

SilentFoxXy

Brilliant, cant wait, after a week of dying trying to get better, I could do with a bit of massive team support:)

As with the 1st event I offer 500,000 GP to any swords that reach their destination, and are brought to me by the carrier at the end of the event.

After the 1st event 4 people 'won' 500,000, Paidric, Mim, Kayne, and Dean (Who requested his prize be added back to the prize fund, thx Dean)

See you all on Tuesday and again, many thanks Paidric, more power to your arm my Lord:)

G

Ill be there again, this time in Factions so a good chance i'll die pretty quickly!

C

Calis M^N

hey, Wizzard Wheezes owners of Flourish &amp; Blotts on Moonglow island will be there helping out. I will also donate 250k to (HLP) for every sword that makes it to the finish line.. this will be the first one iv attened can't wait!

G

I have a suggestion, though I'm not sufficiently faction rule aware to know if it's practical.

Suppose everyone who can cast gate carries a rune to Chaos shrine. Will that make it easier for factioneers and warring guilds to get rezed?

Anyone getting the 'beneficial acts' message when trying to rez casts a gate to chaos instead, the ghost should be able to use the gate, rez and return through it before it closes. Chaos because it will rez reds and blues alike.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like an excellent idea to me. It's frustrating for both the ghost and the rezzer if you can't do anything. I will mark a handful of runes to Chaos Shrine to distribute before we leave.

Oh, and bring your ear plugs. I've heard Scrumpy's new song and I can tell you it's quite something *grins*

S

Scrumpy Jack

Yer bet it's quite something. What yer take me for? A writer of anything? But I warn yer, yer pompous healer in yer white robe and everything: don't give that something away before tonight's performance! I don't want the dramatic impact to be spoiled ... and the chance fer an alm *grins slyly*

S

SilentFoxXy

Soo looking forward to tonight:)

Just a reminder of the rewards offered, 500k per sword that reaches destination and is donated to myself for proud displaying in the CoD Umbra, and Zento mall. The sword will be displayed, along with a book detailing the hero who managed the feat. (Check out CoD Mall for the 1st event sword...I think all will agree a roll of honor and a smart stack of swords will prove testament to this brilliant vision of Paidrics:)

Several friends have voiced a concern , &amp; After thinking about this, it seems somewhat unfair that only the sword carriers get a reward, a fellow guildee mentioned that maybe a Guild donation would be more suitable, to enable guilds to afford various items for its new members.

If anyone can think of a way of making a reward scheme like this work, please feel free to icq me with your ideas.

The thinking being that this would also maybe offer encouragement to the various guilds to support their Sword carrier.

Alternatively, maybe everyone would say that a donation to HLP for New players would be more suitable??

Please icq me to let me know your thoughts on rewards to non carriers etc, many thanks.

Finally, again, many thanks Lord Paidric, I look forward to tonight:)

CaTt:)

I

imported_Coppelia

<blockquote><hr>

hey, Wizzard Wheezes owners of Flourish &amp; Bots on Moonglow island will be there helping out. I will also donate 250k to (HLP) for every sword that makes it to the finish line.. this will be the first one iv attened can't wait!

[/ QUOTE ]
Lil' fix for you.

A

Asmodai/Embryo

i'll be looking for another sword to add to one locked down in my house from the first event...*evil pk laugh!*

Y

Yewish News

<blockquote><hr>

i'll be looking for another sword to add to one locked down in my house from the first event...*evil pk laugh!*

[/ QUOTE ]

PK's don't laugh, they grief and then murder people IRL.

S

SilentFoxXy

Another fun event, proud to say I was one of the sword carriers, Victory was sweet.

As we had to hand back the swords for donation amongst guilds who took part, (tore my heart finding I had to hand it back after the nervewracking journey but...., all guilds are to be rewarded equally. )

Would be nice to have a set and a roll of honor....to be continued way into the future.....)

Thus, I am happy to offer my published reward to any guild leader who would like their "prize" showing in the CoD Mall, with a Book detailing your guild and their deeds, for all of history.

Alternatively, maybe the winning guilds would like to have a donation made to HLP to support the hours of hard work they put in to help young players through the bedlam that is week 1;)

Also , any Red who stole a sword, Ill reward for a sword to display:)- 500k, and your name in the Roll of honor......

Thank you again to Lord Paidric, and heres hoping more reds take the plunge in a fortnights time

Good night all, sleep well, and thanks for the fun.

CaTt:)

Y

Yewish News

<blockquote><hr>

PK's don't laugh, they grief and then murder people IRL.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard that one of the PK's attacking tonight hacked into some guys home during the event and caused the toaster to attack him... EA must ban these evilbears!

M

Molly Foxglove

The swords are carried by people that Paidric trust to carry them the right way , that doesnt mean you can keep them. They are distributed by Paidric the day after to people and guilds he find worthy.
I hope theese swords are worth alot for the people who gets them , and that they will be displayed in guild houses. Maybe some looted sword will be for sale, who knows.

F

frankieowns

Was a nice turnup this time althou we got outnumbered i think we (reds) managed pretty anyways until some antisocial ppl had their go at ruining the fun, yet it was great fun

Should prevent looting on next caravan to expand the fun but it wasnt really a loss from our side but it could have been a little more intense with intact resources.

One sword to lockdown!

/RAZOR

G

Took my very wannabe archer on her first trip to Fel ever, sitting at a laptop without a mouse. Needless to say she died repeatedly without even scratching a hair on the eeeeeeeeeeevil reds, but that was taken into calculation, so she had a blast anyway
, and will be back when she is better equipped and prepared. Perhaps even factioned...

Thanks to Paidric &amp; co for this great initiative!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Should prevent looting on next caravan to expand the fun

[/ QUOTE ]

I think looting should stay as long as the looter only takes what she/he need to continue the fight...

Was fun tonight!

Although I didn´t know who to attack so I had to wait until someone attacked me and then fight back.

But after a while I learned who some KoS names were so it was all good.

One thing that annoyed me was the terrible lag I experienced. Not sure if it was the server or only my comp/connection. I NEVER lag on Europa usually so it was just typical I would lag tonight...

Thanks to those who made this event happen and look forward to another one.

G

Opps a lil late home and was watching liverpool v chelsea...did log for a quick trade but alas clean forgot because of the football...Good 1-1 game btw!!

G

Aye was watching football too this time! But i hope i can come next time, frist were great fun

A

Asmodai/Embryo

Another good quality event, even though i arrived a little late. I got a sword again which is sweet, but felt slightly guilty seeing as it came from the same dude (Bevier). Also I somehow managed to turn my only blue char red...oops....

I personally think those who carry the swords should be given the chance to keep them seeing as any old red can come along and insure them instantly...

another nice thing would have been for the incriptions to match, but oh well!

A

Asmodai/Embryo

one other thing, this event is really good because i love collecting random books from people... collected a box of books from a Grd that seems to be like some kind of top trumps they have developed... i'll this to my collection of random player made books... which includes one from someguy who died and entitled his book 'YOU WERE LUCKY'

I

imported_Paidric

Hello fellow europa players!

First, I'd like to thank everyone who attended, on both sides!

Once again, I'll thank the reds for the good spirit they have shown (I and others have been ressed by reds!) Though one or two I guess didn't quite get the spirit of the event, but the mood was rather light and fun in the vast majority! Cheers to the reds!

The report should be posted tonight as early as possible. Both Kayne and me are at work but I should be able to go through the screenshots.
Though, we missed some of the action

I think that the event was enjoyable for most people and I hope to see many of you again in two weeks!
There were many defenders again, so thanks to the reds for giving a good fight despite the imbalance.

On a side note, the three caravan leaders were left alone with the tail of the caravan
and a pack lot of reds

I spent a good part of the time running back and forth (and dying) on the road alone to try and find everyone... It seems that most of our bold defenders got a little... carried away
after the bridge ambush! And they ran up to the reds and toward trinsic.

If anyone has screenshots of the what happened to the front of the caravan after we crossed the bridge... please send them to Kayne

As he kinda spent the most of the event with us (going Grey a lot)

So far it seems we lost most of the swords this time, I only got 2 back. Still waiting news from the rest of the carriers.

See you all soon in Haven or in Felucca!

S

SilentFoxXy

Molly, re:-

<blockquote><hr>

The swords are carried by people that Paidric trust to carry them the right way , that doesnt mean you can keep them. They are distributed by Paidric the day after to people and guilds he find worthy.
I hope theese swords are worth alot for the people who

[/ QUOTE ]

I did actually make that point, it was the whole point of my post, to offer to the guilds who were rewarded with a sword the option of showing in the CoD mall, and funds donated to the releavant guild, or to HLP on behalf of the relevant guilds. I totally agree they should be valued by the recievers, its hard fun ensuring they got home in the first place.....

My post did quite clearly say-

<blockquote><hr>

As we had to hand back the swords for donation amongst guilds who took part, (tore my heart finding I had to hand it back after the nervewracking journey but...., all guilds are to be rewarded equally. )

[/ QUOTE ] etc .....

Im very proud and happy to say that I am one of the 2 or 3 who are handing them back after being succesful:)

After seeing a few posts and a few swords already on display from the 2nd event, it seems it Kinda punishes those who hand them back, when they could get killed and lose their swords to reds, or even just drop by mistake in a locked box somewhere, ooops:)

Im more than happy to donate 500,000 gp to HLP for the honor of being able to display a sword, and would be even prouder to be able to show one I personally carried, in full view, uninsured in my top level backpack, and I got a red kill as such......

Maybe a suggestion would be to create a Replica of the relevant caravans number sword for keeping by the carrier 'Replica of the sword carried in 2nd Trade caravan',(Again, Im happy to pay for weapon engraving tools ...;), with the actual swords being donated to guilds who take part regularly, help healing, support and take part, for the guild to do with as they wish, be it sell for a reward, or keep on proud display.

But hey, its not all about swords, its about the fun and comradeship created its imperative to reward the guilds who help and support, we need all the help we can get when we are shaking, shivering in worry, and taking 2 steps, stopping to wipe brow, look round, deep breath and onwards....:):)

Many many thanks to all the folks I hid behind and ran to when I was being whacked;)

I

imported_Paidric

Well, before it gets out of hands, I'd like to give a few words about the sword principle.

So far I didn't distributed the swords randomly simply to avoid the possible cheatings. So I give them to people whom I trust enough to follow the caravan rules.
I'd like to thank all of those who took a sword with them and carried it diligently.

I can admit it's a bit hard on the defenders that they cannot keep the sword they carry, especially since so few reach the destination. But then I think it's more fair if I redistribute them in the end, giving a chance to everyone to get one, not only to those I personally know.

My idea for the future was to pick people asking to carry one of the swords. But I think the event need to mature a little more...

Lastly, I think it's fair that reds can keep the swords, as... honestly... they are vastly outnumbered and if they can get a chance at getting a sword, it's mostly because we are disorganised (which is part of the event
)
I'd also like to add they have a harder time not knowing who is holding a sword, so they have to risk multiple deaths to loot the many corpses and find the swords.

Also, the event wouldn't have a point if there weren't any reds. And I think the fact they behave very well (most of them at least) is a big enticement for more life into Felucca.

I realise the current organisation is not perfect.... but there are many many many things to consider when running an event and a perfect solution is hard to reach.

I thank everyone of you for your involvement, your enthusiasm and your support, no matter the form it takes (Scrumpy!)

I ask you to keep it a light hearted, gentle and FUN event for all of you!

I think we'll all benefit from it, as it gives a nice change to the everyday life!

@Silber : The replica idea isn't bad at all! Thanks for that good idea ;-p
The carriers will be welcome from now on to ask their replica for delivering their swords!

See you all soon!

G

Aww he was gutted about losing his Top Trumps set! Took him ages to get those particular cards!

Hehe

F

frankieowns

From my point of view.

I tried to stay ahead of the caravan since the goal was to prevent you all from reaching the destination, althou i felt slightly outnumbered i think that my actions made it slow down so other people could enjoy the event. However once you all reached trinsic the griefers and scum people had heard about the event and the boring part with calling guards calling names using pets or any other things to ruin it for the rest started. Some people might never grow up and enjoy the game they actully pay for. To rise above thoose induviduals feels so much greater when i know i contributed towards something that actully can make it fun to come to the so feared felucca.

I must say i admire Grd for the persistance and teamplay they actully show when it comes to pvp/rp. Many thanks for showing and sharing your time with us red feluccans

/RAZOR

K

Kayne

on another note. If anyone lost an artifact during last nights event could they please pm me with which artifact it was so that an effort can be made to return it.

I

imported_Birdseye

Yet again i managed to have the time of my life. I would like to apologise to at least 2 players that i know i res killed. It was not intentional, and more the fact that the lag was delaying my ability to bring up peoples bars as quickly as i wanted. So sorry.

Having said all that, i feel like this is a new game play experiance for me. i missed out on the whole mass Factions thing, so this is the closest i've got to 2 large sides battleing (yew gate don't count, due to calling guards &amp; house hiding) (see slagged both reds and blues off there).

One thing i did observe and feel that needs noting on the reds side was that the majority of us did not loot the blues. The od bandage and pot, but the amount of gear i left on the bodies was staggering. However, one blue that i looted did have a bag full of someones armour. You know who you are you little stealthing weazel. Shame on you. Stealing from your own!

Also as mentioned slightly, if us reds don't turn up, then what fun are you blues gonna have? Do we get a shot of some of the cash for the most helpful guild? Look at the screenies and count us. One red guild dominated. You do the math!

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Also as mentioned slightly, if us reds don't turn up, then what fun are you blues gonna have? Do we get a shot of some of the cash for the most helpful guild? Look at the screenies and count us. One red guild dominated. You do the math!

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'll add a (financial) bonus for the reds in the next Caravan.

I'll give it some though!

F

frankieowns

Here is an apple for you all to chew on.

We are talking and trying to come up with an idea about making our own caravan. The point and place arent yet set but it would be a caravan of reds transporting something simular but i can say the route will not be in any guardzone and the point to reach will not be in a guardzone. Im not sure about what item you need to get to gain fame and glory but it will be in the same range as the rewards for us so it will not be an income to grief on. Im just bouncing the idea around and will plan this more.

I

imported_Birdseye

Has anyone got more screenies? I'd love to see some with all those bodies sprawled all over the floor. I'll take some on the next one, so we can view the carnage from a reds perspective. Anyone know a decent (pref free) programme i can download?

BTW Frankie, great idea.

S

Scrumpy Jack

Ello you lot!

Well, unfortunately I wasn't able to actually go along with the caravan as I .... errr ... had more pressing things to do.

I think though that my rather encouraging song to show yer posh people off was quite well received. Some kind souls even opened their purses and donated towards my upkeep and trouble. Others just applauded, but then "applaud is an artists bread'n butter" was what my mother always said when she showed one of my numerous "uncles" out of the room we occupied for years at the Travellers Inn in Trinsic.

Anyway, thank yer all fer listening. Depending on how busy those nasty sewer rats in Britain will keep me I might or might not have a new song fer yer people next time. So brace yerself ... or don't!

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very good event indeed!

I still don't know why some Boss-something character res-killed me several times even though he was blue and I would have thought on our side, but besides of that a great, fun evening.

I realised though, that my Benjamin character was a bit silly to choose as he has no magery ... so I wasn't able to gate ghosts to Chaos to get ressed *slaps forehead*. Live it, learn it. So next time you will see somebody else of SRC running around like a headless chicken *grins*

I

imported_Birdseye

<blockquote><hr>

I still don't know why some Boss-something character res-killed me several times even though he was blue and I would have thought on our side, but besides of that a great, fun evening.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the weazle i mentioned. You scrote! Stay in tram next time, or have balls to go red.

K

Kayne

Other thread titled "2nd hlp trade caravan" is the official news report, with a little challenge to the community for the next caravan.