• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] 115th UO House of Commons Log

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
<center>
</center>

here was a great turnout tonight for the HoC! Thanks to all the players for the great questions and to Jeremy, Leurocian, Supreem and Adida for taking the time out of their busy schedules to answer them for us!</p>

If you didn't make it to the HoC, fear not! You can read the entire thing <a target="_blank" href=http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=26981> Here! <A/></p>

G

I had an idea on how they could make metal armor, dragon armor, studded armor, bone armor, etc. more useful. They could make a toggle switch on the crafting menu to craft armor for mages or warriors. Only make there be a penalty for choosing to craft mage gear, like give a -5 to the physical resist on all mage crafted armor made of metal, bones, etc. Just a random thought I had while reading that.

G

*dances* Honestly, I am, you just can't see it yet.

There's a certain irony in first noting that Canada is too cold and then turning around and immediately saying that the snow elemental slayer property no longer has any value.

One of the issues I think needs to be thought through for crafting will be the danger of power inflation, as each system's rewards are revisited there is a tendency to up the standard each time - and although inflation is a nicer alternative to decay for cycling old items out, the mechanics don't really handle long-term inflation very gracefully.

P

pallas

Jeremy can't say anything because there IS nothing to say.

The team obviously has no clue or direction where to take this game and it is appalling.

G

Do you have a suggestion of direction that we can all agree on? Because whenever they have set a grand direction there seems to be a frantic "nonono!" reaction from one faction or another of us.

P

pallas

What is this 'grand direction' you speak of?

It's kinda the basis of my point.

G

<blockquote><hr>

What is this 'grand direction' you speak of?

[/ QUOTE ]
*boggle*

edit: just in case you honestly don't see ... people went berserk over diminish returns, then berserk again over proficiencies, there is still resistance to KR ... every attempt to lay out a roadmap has been met with howls of protest. Say what you will over what was and wasn't accomplished, but I refuse to believe ambition and vision were failings of the past two years.

I

imported_Heartseeker

Agreed.

All we are getting is bug fixes;which should of not been there to begin with.

Case in point; upcoming patch.

Funny thing is people grovel at the team's feet, like they all are Rock Stars.

G

- Yeah. They shouldn't have been there in the first place therefore why improve the now now. Instead, let's just keep adding more ad more.
Foundations are meaningless. Forget the past. History is irrelevant.
If you haven't been able to read into the future of UO, that they have given us glimpses of, that they are hard at work trying to invoke, then it is quite easy to assume that they have not been hard at work trying to invoke the future of UO.
More foundations before more follies is my feelings.
And I like the way this team is approaching and nurturing the entity that remains UO.
I pay my favortie rock star's organization a few hundred dollars a year. I pay my favorite online game's organization a few hundred dollars per year as well. Difference is that UO can entertain me about 23.5 hours of any day, if I so choose to do so. Rock stars are groovy but so too are rockin' game devs, imho.

I

imported_Heartseeker

I am not only talking of adding things.

I am also talking about finishing things.

KR; hint,hint.

Even 2D should get a lot more love.

The powers that be are so concerned with keeping everyone that there is no real direction they can take.

While you may be very entertained by what is available; many don't really see that.

Take this last patch for an example.

Even by making better armour or nerfing some tamers in pvp; the game is more or less the same.

But the fees keep going slowly up.

Our subs/fees before payed for new content and better support.

Now they pay for no new content and canned responses.

Funny thing is the fees are higher not lower.

They should of gone down but they won't as long as people keep paying and dreaming of the day that UO will be like it once was.

It is painfully obvious that this game only has a handful of people working on it and most likely never get the love it used to have.

G

- Grimm just mentioned there are plenty of back-logged art/animation updates for KR. They have shown signs that they have been working to improve both clients even during their cross-country relocation.
Trick is that people seem to remain discouraged by the big downloads for the KR upates. What, should they just tell dial-up nighttime downloaders to piss off? Not if they can help it, I reckon.
They updated the big initial KR download, once again, and they can't make all of the ready-to-run improvements readily accessible via CD/DVD, by my understanding, until they have it improved enough, along with Stygian Abyss or whatever the next shelf-presence may be termed, to be thrown into the stores.
In the meantime wouldn't it be great if UO became significantly more polished than it was yesterday?
- I think so. I've been a broken record about this since '97. Fix the foundation ~ and I love that they are focusing on that, a bit (probably as much as is possible), currently.
- That is what I feel they are striving for during this tumultuous transitional time that we have been forced to consume and they seem to have adapted to, exceptionally well.

Knock it all you want (I won't dive into the 'cost for play' argument other than to say that milk and gas increased more, percentage wise, for me than my UO entertainment did. UO entnmt. increased 0% per serving, I just pay for 6 months instead of 1 at a time).
However I feel that they are doing as well as they can with what they have &amp; I have seen job listings to prove they want more manpower in order to do more with it all (UO) as well. This is far from the darker days of UO's future, imho.
They do need to put a lot more into KR... then again, maybe they already have.

G

I was thinking something similar to that, because if you give Smith wood-like abilities then you make weapons way too powerful, unless you have a give and take model. Like -10 DI for 5 ssi, or something like that.

Thing is, and I am positive a lot of people do not really check these weapons out fairly, and there are a ton of recipes for smithing. Unfortunately, the best resource out there on all of these recipes is UOGuide.com :/ but to make a long story (or long search, in this case) short, there are many different kinds of smith weapons with one fixed mod that is added to runic values. Like for example, the Knight's War Cleaver always has HPR 3. There are, of course, similar bows, but, these smith ones are much easier to produce (if you are into mining). But what we don't need are super uber kryss and warfork etc weps that already have 6 mods standard (as opposed to 5 with a crafted bow before wood type is applied, and then up to 7 with) be given additional props from resources without thinking that change through, haha. I mean, balanced two handed weapons would make some pretty lame templates, for example

I

imported_Warpig Inc

Again the Ophid orders and skins need a place. Like most of the marty of Ish and Ml they take up space. Its lil rough to toss out something that took such effort. We need a Dumpster Turn-In Quester at the library. Quester that takes event items,Marty,peerless loot and artifacts. Should get some kind of warm fuzzy after getting the Holy Armor tunic. The point system should be stupid low like the Tmap quester at the library so the Glasses from the Dumpster guy will reflect the effort put in. Not that the Tmap glasses are nothing more but deco.
And if you truely want something to earn its Artifact title rotate in new ones and end current ones. Not every Tom,**** and Harry should have a Mona Lisa hanging on the wall. Those of us burning frostwood in our fireplaces need someplace to put theese lockdown suckers. I'm guilty of just giving stuff to new players taking the wind of their sails of first times.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

Jeremy_EAMythic - One last thing - and Supreem rules for this too - if you want a more current installer for Kingdom Reborn, it's available at Fileplanet. The link is http://www.fileplanet.co m/177540/170000/fileinfo/

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, the new installer for UO:KR 2.50.0.3 appears to be bugged.
The file 'buildinfo.txt' is missing, so the autopatcher will fail when trying to apply patch 2.51.0.3

Hope that Supreem can fix that soon...