• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

O

omgmir

So if I haven't played UO in 8 years or so.. and recently returned this week let's say I wanted to work towards being able to get into factions.

Since i'm basically starting from scratch and it's a whole new game, what advice would you give me? Do I even have a chance competing against some people who have been doing it for 10 years? What temps would be the cheapest and easiest to learn?

Any help would be appreciated. I've still got a ways to go cementing my PvE chars first so I can afford basic things but factions is really my main interest in UO.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably the first thing is to join a guild already in factions, otherwise your going to have a pretty difficult time trying to PVP alone. As far as easiest template, I would say archer and with the faction gear and imbueing you shouldn't have that much trouble getting equiped unlike in the past where you have the people with elite gear and then you had the others that tried to compete.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
truthfully?

id hold off a couple weeks and see what changes are coming down the pipes.

'factions' might not even be here in a couple weeks.
might be 'Order and Chaos' or 'Battling Queens' or something.

C

CannabisKing

Any of the Archery temp's work good enuff to get ya feet wet again, but mage's are always welcomed on the field. If ya cant get your hands on the 20's for skillz then do the best ya can with wut ya can get.

Kellgory Re: Newbie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Probably the first thing is to join a guild already in factions, otherwise your going to have a pretty difficult time trying to PVP alone. As far as easiest template, I would say archer and with the faction gear and imbueing you shouldn't have that much trouble getting equiped unlike in the past where you have the people with elite gear and then you had the others that tried to compete.

Kellgory is right on that. Some not all but some guilds will help out with scrolls and gear. Just fine your strength and work from that. And in your time duel duel duel etc... My fav right now is my mystic mage in factions. The choice is yours from a very nice list as in mages, archery temp's to tamers. Good luck and hope to see ya in the field soon. BTW what shard?

R

ReaperNI

Hello my name is Reaper from the knights of ni. We run true brit factions on atl we are a fairly large guild on atl but are in the process of guilding / training pvp players. We are looking for mature people over 18 that are eager and willing to learn if you are intrested and would like more info either pm or latch on to a Knights Of NI member in game and ask for either reaper or paps(GM) Three things we ask of all new guildies is 1 get vent 2 get Uocartgrapher (updated version of uoautomap) 3 apply to guild website (www.ni.mmoguildsites.com) all three are easy free and secure.once your meet up we can get you set up with where to get uocart and vent. Thank you for your time TYR. Reaper,Knights of NI