• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWBIE, School for newcomers jan. 27 Great Lakes

H

Highball

Are YOU a newcomer or a replayer ? Do you play on Great Lakes ?

- <font color="green">then sign up to be a student !!!</font>
http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/sendprivate.php?Cat=&amp;User=283058&amp;Board=&amp;Number=&amp;what=welcome&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=&amp;fpart=&amp;vc=&amp;what2=&amp;selv=&amp;vwhich=

Are you a skilled player ?
Are you experienced / specialized in a specific field / career ?
Do you aid or help Newcomers ?
Do you play on Great Lakes ?

- <font color="blue">then sign up to be a teacher !!!</font>
http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/sendprivate.php?Cat=&amp;User=283058&amp;Board=&amp;Number=&amp;what=welcome&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=&amp;fpart=&amp;vc=&amp;what2=&amp;selv=&amp;vwhich=

Follow this link (the yellow brick road to fame and fortune) ...

http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=7558092&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1

G

Good idea ... hope you can get all the folks you are needing!

H

Highball

Thx ...

Well, i have one tutor already, so the idea is received very positively. A rare situation - no negative criticism - only backup's.

Even if nobody signed up i would have started the school myself - less classrooms and days of course, so it is realistic.

One way to battle the scriptors are to help newbies into faster knowledge. UO claims that they want us all to be equals - without artificial benefits, and a newcomer being faster integrated in the game might get the benefits before they are tired out by scriptors.

This way can't stop them but it might stop newbies from being discouraged by all the wealth in there.

&gt;

Nostradamus wasn't right, so why the mayans ?

H

Highball

<font color="green">
The school will take place in the music conservatory in the northern part of Britain. The school is located: Left of the magery shop
(sorcerers delight), right of the smithy shop and below the northern inn.</font>
<font color="red">
&gt;&gt;&gt; Sunday january 6 ...

&gt;&gt;&gt; Class 1 ... Time: Central time 6 pm to 7 pm. Teacher: Highball. How to: Character development, survival and goals.

&gt;&gt;&gt; Class 2 ... Time: Central time 7 pm to 8 pm. Teacher: Ren'ai. Skills: Barding.
</font>

H

Highball

Thx for the idea. I have contacted somebody in another matter relating to the school - but the eventcalendar is just what we need.

As such it started sunday 7. jan and even despite the fact that most initiations are tough and takes time, it worked already from the beginning.

Funny, i actually experienced the opposite mechanism. I expected new players to join in fair amounts in comparison to the # of teachers, but actually now we have more teachers than students.
But we're on the right track since it widens our spectrum, and we can cover an area now that gives the school the chance of survival.

I'll contact a Mod. Thx great for the idea. Exactly what we need.

&gt; Next class scheduled: Date and hours:
<font color="red">
&gt;&gt;&gt; Sunday jan. 13...

&gt;&gt;&gt; Class 1 ... Time: Central time 6 pm to 7 pm. Teacher: Ren'ai.
Skills: Barding skills and template to create a career / profession.

&gt;&gt;&gt; Class 2 ... Time: Central time 7 pm to 8 pm. Teacher: Malag Aste.
Role play: The technique, Britannian player interactive behaviour, social behaviour among characters.</font>

&gt; Moderator contacted. Thx for the back up

J

Jacey626

I want to jump in here and say what a wonderful thing this school is for new players. I attended the first classes, and I learned more in those two hours than I did from a month of reading. The best thing was listening to someone and being able to ask whatever question you had in real time. Instant answers and clairification. And questions I never even knew I had were answered.

Everyone was super kind and helpful. And beyond that- knowledgeable. What was great was that the information was explained in "newbie" terms simple enough for anyone to understand.

I will definitely be coming back for more!

H

Highball

I thank thee ...

Your words confirm every thought and anticipated aspect i had about the school.

As you so rightfully write: Any answers one might have is instantly answered and can be tried out.

The teachers have been instructed that we have to be present in the each class for the first half hour if somebody show up and therefore can rely on our presence - but afterwards you have the option to ask your teachers (or they can suggest) that the class go wilderness practice.

So to enhance your curiousity, just remember that questions that might have a potential to be practiced is not only an option but is part of the school technique

Thx for joining the school and we look forward to see you again.

I have a request since the originated idea started on Great Lakes Forum: Mind if i copy your kind reply to that forum ? it might inspire others to seek our assistance.

&gt; Classes saturday 12, sunday 13 and monday 14:

<font color="green">Saturday 12:</font>

<font color="red">Class 1</font> ... Time: Central time<font color="green"> 6 pm to 7 pm</font>. Teacher: <font color="blue">Mancar Camron</font>.
<font color="#666666">Magery and Necromancy.</font>

<font color="red">Class 2</font> ... not scheduled

<font color="green">Sunday 13:</font>

<font color="red">Class 1</font> ... Time: Central time<font color="green"> 6 pm to 7 pm</font>. Teacher: <font color="blue">Ren'ai</font>.
<font color="#666666">Career template: Barding skills and template to create a profession.</font>

<font color="red">Class 2</font> ... Time: Central time <font color="green">7 pm to 8 pm.</font>. Teacher: <font color="blue">Malag Aste</font>.
<font color="#666666">Role play: The technique, Britannian player interactive behaviour,
social behaviour among characters.</font>

<font color="green">Monday 14:</font>

<font color="red">Class 1</font> ... Time: Central time<font color="green"> 6 pm to 7 pm</font>. Teacher: <font color="blue">Highball</font>.
<font color="#666666">Magery and Spellweaving: We go practice if needed after 6:30 pm.</font>

<font color="red">Class 2</font> ... not scheduled

J

Jacey626

<blockquote><hr>

I have a request since the originated idea started on Great Lakes Forum: Mind if i copy your kind reply to that forum ? it might inspire others to seek our assistance.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course you may!

H

Highball

The added rules and conduct is to insure the school, the services and involved companies against any players attempts to claim fees or payment wether that be Britannian GP's or RL money.

H

Highball

&gt; Classes scheduled:

<font color="green">Sunday jan. 20 - on Great Lakes:</font>

<font color="red">Class 1</font> ...

Time Zones:
PST Pacific time<font color="green"> 4 pm to 5 pm</font>.
MST Mountain time<font color="green"> 5 pm to 6 pm</font>.
CST Central time<font color="green"> 6 pm to 7 pm</font>.
EST Eastern time<font color="green"> 7 pm to 8 pm</font>.
AST Atlantic time<font color="green"> 8 pm to 9 pm</font>.

Teacher: <font color="blue">Highball</font>.
<font color="#666666">Prime topic: Magery, Spellweaving: We go practice if needed after 6:30 pm.</font>
Secondary - and looks like it is needed: Sharing experience and where the fun is located.

<font color="red">Class 2</font> ... not scheduled. Class 1 can be expanded if needed.

H

Highball

<font color="green">Sunday jan. 27:</font>

<font color="red">Class 1</font> ...

Time Zones:
PST Pacific time<font color="green"> 1 pm to 3 pm</font>.
MST Mountain time<font color="green"> 2 pm to 4 pm</font>.
CST Central time<font color="green"> 3 pm to 5 pm</font>.
EST Eastern time<font color="green"> 4 pm to 6 pm</font>.
AST Atlantic time<font color="green"> 5 pm to 7 pm</font>.

Teachers: <font color="blue">Highball</font> and <font color="blue">ren'ai.</font>
Highball's in New Haven to gate students from 3:45 pm (central time) to 3 pm. At 3 pm sharp he'll be in the conservatory.
<font color="#666666">Prime topic: Magery, Spellweaving, Barding: We go practice if needed after 3:30 pm.</font>
Secondary - and looks like it is needed: Sharing experience, answering curious questions and enlightment - where the fun is located.

<font color="red">Class 2</font> ... not scheduled. Class 1 can be expanded if needed.

http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=7558092&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1