• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Buying] Newbie red miner boots

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On the look out for old newbie blessed red "miner" boots. They were available for a time if you selected one of the miner/prospector templates back in the day. Willing to buy on pretty much any of the prodo shards and Siege.

and if you happen to have a pair of those, perhaps you might have a faction guard horse ("Black horse") on Siege? That'd be awesome.... :p

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is there any way you can tell for sure? I might have a pair but....

Loriel

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Is there any way you can tell for sure? I might have a pair but....
If you look on your item insurance menu they shouldn’t appear there and when you try to toggle item insurance on them it shouldn’t let you.

GotASegway

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
i have a bunch too, skirts, kilts, boots, aprons, sashes, hats, and cloaks
think i have some scissors as well

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When UO 1st dropped everything on new characters was noobied, even items with charges. I used to keep a stack of noobied bandages on my warrior healers before the 1st Aide Belts came out for heals after self resses behind enemy chokepoints. Was worth using 10-15 to see their lines crumble with a coordinated push on both sides of a chokepoint ;)

Got a chest fulla noobied gear, even leather armors. I’ll look for those boots but pretty sure all the clothing has long been dyed.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Still looking for these? Got a hat and apron in the same hue 443 on Atl. All of them don't show up in the insurance menu.
View attachment 135076
I'll definitely buy the boots! Hue 443 I think is the one. Should do perfectly. Any idea what you might want for them?

i have a bunch too, skirts, kilts, boots, aprons, sashes, hats, and cloaks
think i have some scissors as well
Any hue 443 boots?

When UO 1st dropped everything on new characters was noobied, even items with charges. I used to keep a stack of noobied bandages on my warrior healers before the 1st Aide Belts came out for heals after self resses behind enemy chokepoints. Was worth using 10-15 to see their lines crumble with a coordinated push on both sides of a chokepoint ;)

Got a chest fulla noobied gear, even leather armors. I’ll look for those boots but pretty sure all the clothing has long been dyed.
Loved the noob bless bandies! Used the regs like this, too. If you do have any of those boots in 443 I'll buy 'em!

Haraldur Tyrsson

Adventurer
Awesome, definitely for sale. Not really sure what they are worth. I think I have a few pairs too. How many you looking for?

Make me an offer?

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
newbie clothes can't be locked down and decay quickly. but they are safe in a secured container.

if i remember correctly, i think the devs made a change to the newbie clothes where they lost their blessed status if you died while wearing them. (in other words, they were blessed the 1st time you died but weren't blessed after a 2nd death.) i could be completely wrong since it was so long ago but that is stuck in my memory. maybe someone could test this & let us know?

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if i remember correctly, i think the devs made a change to the newbie clothes where they lost their blessed status if you died while wearing them. (in other words, they were blessed the 1st time you died but weren't blessed after a 2nd death.) i could be completely wrong since it was so long ago but that is stuck in my memory. maybe someone could test this & let us know?
May have been changed? Dunno. All I can say for sure is all my noobied stuffs are still 100% noobied & always stays in pack on res. They can not be insured.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awesome, definitely for sale. Not really sure what they are worth. I think I have a few pairs too. How many you looking for?

Make me an offer?
I honestly didn't anticipate this situation. Lol. I suppose I'll take several of them depending on price. Which I'm not sure on. 5m each?