• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Newbie Questions!!

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is is possible to directly import my 2D client macros to EC?
I mean it kinda sucks considering I have 70+ macros scattered across my keyboard.

Also can I use mouse scrolls for anything other than Zoom in and out and target self and last target? UOassist let you bind a macro and as far as I know Assist dont work with EC.

Thanks in advance.

jtw1984

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you load up a character through EC it should pop a box up asking if you want to import macros. I do not know if this works with UOAssist macros or just the 2d client macros though.

I'm not sure if you can assign whatever to the scroll wheel. I know that under options it gives you options for Zoom in and out, target self / last target, next hostile, next bene...etc...

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you load up a character through EC it should pop a box up asking if you want to import macros. I do not know if this works with UOAssist macros or just the 2d client macros though.

I'm not sure if you can assign whatever to the scroll wheel. I know that under options it gives you options for Zoom in and out, target self / last target, next hostile, next bene...etc...
All I see is if I want to use EC settings or do not change my settings ect...
I did not get a window that let me import macros. And I believe if it has that function it will be a much more popular alternative especially for old players. I still PvP on 2D, EC is fresh for me decent special effects but the countless redoing macros is killing my interest. I really hope there's a way I can convert 2D macro to EC. No UOA macros or anything, just want the Ingame macro to be able to convert. Thanks.

Y

Yacct

Since EC offers 'insert mode' chatting (press Enter, type), you'll probably want to redo your macros to use single keys anyway.

Plus as you explore EC's macro potential (it's half the reason I love the EC), you'll find you can make much more interesting macros that streamline playing much more than 2D..

Eg, I created a Pull macro for my tamer the other day... pretty simple but handy. It almost instantly cycles ~9 closest targets and aggros the lot to my pets so I can cast/vet in peace :) Inspired by the Taunt talent in Dragon Age.