• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Newbe Guilds

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it just me or has the total number of new players that come to Siege AND STAY decreased since the latest new guild went out of business.

I miss shalamar!

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It does depress me that I failed at NOOB. Also, I have not done much xsharding or made it to many of the DoND, both of which was when I did my recruiting from Trammel. I miss Shalamar, also. And Freja. And many others.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It does depress me that I failed at NOOB. Also, I have not done much xsharding or made it to many of the DoND, both of which was when I did my recruiting from Trammel. I miss Shalamar, also. And Freja. And many others.

Tanager , I am solidly convinced that NONE of the Siege citizens thinks you failed. Please do not let the closing of NOOB be a bad experience. You gave NOOB a great run. Life happens and things change, in the end let it be all good!

Nothing but lov,

Baby Doll

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also miss Shalimar, but you did not fail. A season in your Siege life came to an end, is all that happened.
Having helped Shalimar a lot about a decade ago, I know the effort that goes into doing the job. Nobody should ever think of it as anything else - it IS a full time job. There is little "game" about it.
There's marketing, there's stock control, there's business relations, there's the constant analysis of the "market" (which guilds do what), there's the need to be an expert on every aspect of Siege - the list is endless.
Game? No, running any type of NEW guild is NOT a game. It's exhausting, but for those who choose to take up the challenge, even for a while, the exhaution is worth it.

So thank you Tanager, for all you have done. *salutes*

Ol'Rac Nnod

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
GREAT! That is outstanding!

But I still think we need a newbe guild.
I too feel Siege is at a loss without a newbie guild.

Tanager didn't fail anything, she did an awesome thing for our shard for as long as she could.

I too am of the mind though that Siege should culturally always have a newbie guild running.

If anyone does wish to start one I would definitely offer any help I could. I recognize I don't have the experience to run such a guild myself.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the amount of views of this post, I am on the outside, which means cut bait and run time.
ty for your time.

Nothing but lov,

Baby Doll :naughty-angel:

Last edited:

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since this is a discussion thread about newbies, please bear with me as a ramble for a minute. Falling back to VICE (VICE Alliance) and VIRTUE (White Council Alliance). Siege could have a friendly competition with each side hosting a guild. Example VICE would take a vice guild under their wing for one month, VIRTUE host a virtue guild. Take them out hunting, for armor pieces , arties, power scrolls and so on. Then in one month both newbie guilds fight it out as their Siege graduation party. In that month we could make a few events out of this before letting guild fend for them selves. For example, a shard wide power scroll day and we hit as many dungeons as possible. Remember just an basic idea, many ways this could be taken. So tear away at it.
This would mean we would need a third for the workers, who then can throw shovels at the other 2.... :)

Think the issue "is/was" not Vice or Virtue... the issue is..... that there is someone needed that will spend the time (which is a very lot of effort) to teach, explain and care about them.

Everyone of us would like to help and support. At least with stuff or money. - But the dedication to take this position up and fill it out is the hardest point here.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reason I picked Vice and Virtue as an example was that there are really two main alliances on Siege. Three for the workers. My intent was to spread out the load over alliances as opposed to one or two people running it all.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Thank you all for the kind words :) There are indeed many aspects to the job, much of which I continue to do. One of the biggest problems for me was that I did not want to ally NOOB, or have emissaries who had characters in another guild. This had the potential for conflict and drama. Freja had TDO, which was useful to her for several purposes, but I was not interested in leading TWO guilds. In fact, I came to realize that I enjoy a support role far better than the spotlight of being a guild leader. I was happy as an emissary of NEW2 but I am not made of leader material - my skin is not thick enough.

A distinctive guild tag makes it easier to spot new players and so I agree that a NEW type guild is good for Siege community. Especially with EJ coming. I expect (hope) for there to be new players and also returning players with a lot to catch up on.

Barring that however, I've sort of merged forces with UWSP because the guild shares my ideals of community spirit. The town offers many public services, and is a good place for new players. We tend to hang around out in the open (yes, we sometimes get murdered lol) in case some one comes by. We craft in Umbra and Luna, so that we meet new players. We go to EM events, we chat in GC. It is hard for a new player not to come across UWSP at some point. When EJ comes out, I plan to park Ptarmigan in Help channel often. And once a youngin is found, I launch into NOOB mode :p

If some one wants to take a turn at a NEW type guild, I'm more than happy to help!

Last edited: