• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bowcraft/Fletching] Newb training question.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am training my first crafting profession since taking a break from the game a few years ago, back then there was no heartwood quests. Are all of the recipes i'm getting single use or permanent once learned? Just asking because i have bagloads of them and was wondering if i need to keep all of them.

O

Old Man of UO

... Are all of the recipes i'm getting single use or permanent once learned?...
Permanent once you learn a recipe.

You might consider selling your extras as a package on a vendor for other returning vets, but you won't make a lot of money that way.

If you have soulstones, I would suggest trading off your trained craft skills and using the recipes on your other characters. Many times I've wanted to give one of my non-crafters a crafting skill, but didn't have the recipes handy.

Ned888

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Follow up on this line:

As a human, I technically have 20% lumberjacking. Is it feasable to operate a Bowcrafter without lumberjacking support?

I'm on Siege for this character, so skills are at a premium.... here's what I'm working with right now:

Musicianship
Discordance
Archery (Swords right now to build str and since I'm using my axe)
Tactics
Tailoring
Bowcraft/Fletching
Armslore

I was either going to do 80/20 with Bowcraft/Lumberjack so I could make exceptional Composite Bows or I was going to just go to GM Bowcraft and depend on my human level of lumberjacking to get my logs.

I'm a new account, so I don't have all the extra stats/skills for vet status....

What do you think?