• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Newb Question - Quest Help - New Player Quests

I apologize if this is the wrong spot to start this thread.

I am still a "Young" player, and though I am returning I haven't played in over 10 years and even then only played on private servers and didn't get too, too involved.

I am currently in New Haven and trying to get Amelia Youngstone to give me her tinkering quest to help me level my tinkering skill so I can make my own shovel, pickax, and hammer but I can't seem to initiate it.

What am I doing wrong. I'm using the classic client and my Tinker skill is 20%.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You double-click on the NPC to get the quest menu to come up.

You can only have 10 quests at a time (plus 1 of the pre-2006 style quests), so check your quest list (in the paperdoll in CC - forget where it is in EC) to see how many you have.

You double-click on the NPC to get the quest menu to come up.
Thanks Basara! In all the Googling I did not one did it mention to double-click the NPC. I even asked in game and only answer I got was maybe the "Young" status was preventing me. I was going to the menu where Train/Buy/Sell was thinking quests were there.

Anyways, thanks!