• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Newb Question on Macros (CC) - Sorry in advance

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ahh the joys of boredom... looking to switch it up a bit and make a new char with new macros and I see a bunch of Range macros I've noticed for a while but I haven't much clue how to use them so I figured I'd ask now.

SetUpdateRange - ??
ModifyUpdateRange - ??
IncreaseUpdateRange - ??
IncreaseUpdateRange - ??

SelectNext/Nearest/Previous - What is this for? I tried to toggle it but nothing happened...wondering if this is more for crafting or something?

I also see AttackLast (this is used by using a cursor on a target then you can toggle attack last) and then AttackSelectedTarget... what's the difference? Is this how people are able to auto attack things like Leviathan's as soon as they pop out of the water while I'm fumbling trying to grab health bars to attack??

I'm assuming using a combination of these would make my life a lot easier with training and probably PvM in general so appreciate any help.

PS - I've tried to search for an older thread but no luck (apologies if I overlooked it).

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The select highlights the "target", think its hostile, friendly, follower. You can bandage, attack, or whatever.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
FYI - Something that I thought was interesting is that all of those Update Range options are now obsolete (aka don't do anything).
Just for your interest, the update range, whilst obsolete, does actually still operate as intended.

I used it often back in the days on an unstable 56k connection, you could shrink the range it updated things on screen down to a postage stamp area which reduced the lag, was great at champ spawns when there were 100s of people on screen waiting for the boss to spawn and spam EQ! :grin:

This is it reduced to minimum (taken today).
udr.jpg

Clearly these days with super fast broadband connections etc, it's obsolete. :thumbup:

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just for your interest, the update range, whilst obsolete, does actually still operate as intended.

I used it often back in the days on an unstable 56k connection, you could shrink the range it updated things on screen down to a postage stamp area which reduced the lag, was great at champ spawns when there were 100s of people on screen waiting for the boss to spawn and spam EQ! :grin:

This is it reduced to minimum (taken today).
View attachment 116920

Clearly these days with super fast broadband connections etc, it's obsolete. :thumbup:
Could still be useful at EM events perhaps?

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Could still be useful at EM events perhaps?
Very true, whilst everyone is on rocket connections these days I still hear people complaining of lag on occasion, reducing that update range may well help some people during busy events. Only downside being is you may not see something that is attacking or making a beeline for you but it also could be the difference between life and death from lag.