• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Newb fishing questions

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've just recently started playing UO again.. I had previously played for many years but it's also been many years since I last played. There is so much that is new that it's almost like a new game. (I started playing from beta, and stopped shortly after T2A was introduced.)

So anyway... I started a fisher character. I've gotten myself to 92.5 so far, using tips on these forums. I've fished up almost 20 pearls but not a single net or treasure map. Are they fished up just like pearls, or do you have to kill serpents for them? Are they looted from the serpents, or do the serpents just follow them up? I've fished from docks as well as from a boat in the deep sea... and I've gotten a number of serpents to spawn but they never have any nets or maps. Is it 80 fishing for nets, 90 for maps, and 100 for MIB's? That's what the Stratics site lists them as.

Also, I found a couple "Blackheart's Fishing Pole"'s left at the New Haven bank. I understand these are Aquarium rewards. I have one that has a 20% requirement reduction (which really does nothing... 10 str vs 8 str) and the other has +2 hp regen. What other kind of stats can they have? And is there a way to craft fishing poles with extra stats? And if so, what kind of possibilities are there? I realize stats on a fishing pole probably won't really help with much, but I'm curious.

Thanks!!! I appreciate any information. I did do some searches but most of the stuff that comes up seems really outdated and I've found a lot of discrepancies.. so I'm not sure what is what.

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

to recheive bottles, nets, or t-maps, you have to kill the seaserpants.

if you fish them up, a message shows you in the chatbox, if they have one of the items you want.

the fishingpoles can have every stat, what a different woodtype can do. *searching list*

you also can use "Runic Saws" to craft the poles, this allows you to craft poles with LRC!! , or any other weaponrelated stat.

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh cool! This whole runic thing, and crafting with different woods is new to me.

Thanks for all the info.