• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Newb 120 Imbuing Scroll Question

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Okay decided to suck it up and put imbuing on my crafters since it's the only skill they don't have. So I got a 115 power scroll no problem. Naturally I want a 120. When I ask Ansikart (?) about it all he offers me is a citrine quest to get a meager bag of imbuing BS :p So what am I doing wrong? I want the 50 relic frag quest. I know about doing the 10 115 scroll thing. Never the less I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong to get the 120 scroll quest. I have the SA expansion. TYVM :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Okay got some help in chat. I was told to just keep double clicking him. After about the 10th time it worked. Gave me the 120 PS quest instead of the meager bag quest. That's a stupid system lol

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You will need 500 Enchanted Essence to get your 120 Scroll of Power for Imbuing. You will do this by getting 10 115 Scrolls of Power for Imbuing, then using a Scroll Binder (an item made by Scribes, using wood pulp made by Cooks) to combine the 10 115 scrolls into a single 120 scroll. Trust me, while there is a quest for the 120 scroll directly, it is NOT worth the price of the Relic Fragments it takes.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
With the new loot system, I think 50 relic frags is probably just a easy to come by as 500 essence these days.

Henzy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
@Tuan: new loot system? Tell me more please.
@Storm: the real tricky ones among us (like me and I guess you did the same) take 1000 enchanted essence to make 2 120 scrolls, one for the human char who trains imbuing and one for the gargoyle who will finally take care of the imbuing job, once training is finished :)

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Back when imbuing was new finding relics was a real problem - you needed to either use like high end runic tools to make stuff to unravel, or find loot that was hard to come by.

At the very very beginning you could use a hole in the system to make and imbue stuff, then enhance, then unravel, but they closed that pretty quickly by adding the 20% unravel penalty to imbuing. Oh the glory days though of making a hammer (1 iron ingot), imbuing it 4x up to 80% intensity since it already has the 40%DI (~25 gems,~25 residue accounting for failure or two), enhance it with 1 valorite ingot (I believe 100% success)... and then selling it for 100K+.

With the new artifact loot system though, it is very easy to find things as loot to unravel for relics.

With 2000 luck (1000 from the 10 statue, 1000 felucca) I probably average more than 1 thing that will unravel to a relic per balron I kill. Basically anything titled "artifact" unravels to a relic, and most of the stuff in the tier right below relic status.

Henzy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
@Tuan: Thank you for your answer.
But when I look into the mods for which I need the relic fragments (super slayer to name just one) I think I would not want to waste them for obtaining an 120 scroll. Now if you are in the lucky position of having loads of relic fragments and you have no clue of what to do with them (apart from turning them in for 120 scrolls), I have enough room in my castle :) just tell me time and place (no matter which shard) and I'll be happy to pick them up :)

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Tuan: Thank you for your answer.
But when I look into the mods for which I need the relic fragments (super slayer to name just one) I think I would not want to waste them for obtaining an 120 scroll. Now if you are in the lucky position of having loads of relic fragments and you have no clue of what to do with them (apart from turning them in for 120 scrolls), I have enough room in my castle :) just tell me time and place (no matter which shard) and I'll be happy to pick them up :)

What shard you on? I would be happy to give you a few 120 imbuing scrolls on LS if you play here! I have enough of them to tile a large house! Dont forget scroll binders to bind up low level scrolls to 120's!

Henzy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
@Murdok I was asking Tuan for his relic fragments, rather than the 120 scrolls. I have two chars with the raised skillcap of 120 (a human - for training, and a gargoyle - who does all the imbuing now. The latter also has the required 10k loyalty points to use the queen's forge). Mainly I play on Drachenfels, but of course I have also a char on LS..... tell me when you find you and Graziella will be happy to meet you in the flesh. She will be glad to take your scrolls. I will bring them to ATL to sell them there and then give you your share of the deal.
Up the Irons,
Henzy
Lord of the Ruskin Arms on Drachenfels

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
With the new loot system in town, I burn 500 or so of them relic fragments ever few weeks for 25,000 turn in points.
If you kill trogs in fel dungeon cave, you will get 30 or so per full bag if you loot everything named major magic item or larger. If you do balrons in blackthorn, you will get 30 to 40 if you only loot greater magic items or larger.
You will get 40 to 50 by doing a run of Andros in tram despise, killing all the wisps he summons while your pets kill him and looting them dry, save for 50 stones stuff.

Getting relic fragments is fairly easy nowadays.