• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Warrior Moderator

• Thread starter imported_Edward The Less
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Edward The Less

Hello one and all!

Im the new Warrior forum moderator. I will be working on this forum to update it and try to get some talking going on here.

Right now im working on a guide to all the starting quests in Durotar and after thats done ill gather and sort all the Warrior information I can find and make a Warrior FAQ that will be stickied at the top of this forum.

G

About the guide:

Though Tauren Warriors are nice (I am one) I wouldnt necessarily automatically say they are the best. I mostly PvE and would trade +5% Health and warstomp for diplomacy. Small size + get out of snare free for gnomes is nice too. Shadowmeld + charge for PvP goodness...etc

There also seems to be a lack of love for Fury Warriors. As one I find this sad
Though most people dont trust/want DPS Warriors, we can dish out some impressive damage especially because of the extra armor if we get aggro.

Otherwise the guide is great. Good job.

I

imported_Edward The Less

The reason I went for Tauren is because the guide is more for noobies of the game and the +5% health will help them when they make mistakes. All races have a little something but after your a noobie and have become a level 60 the races mean little.

I

imported_Kalibek

<blockquote><hr>

The reason I went for Tauren is because the guide is more for noobies of the game and the +5% health will help them when they make mistakes. All races have a little something but after your a noobie and have become a level 60 the races mean little.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and no

The 5% hp for taurens is nice, easily one of the best in game, but nothing in pvp. The orcs hardiness, dwarves stone form and best of all gnomes escape artist all outweigh it. If a tauren has 5,250 hp, while one of the three above have 5,000, their racial will help them far more. Rogue, paladin or druid try to stun you, and you resist it, you will save more than 250 hp. A mage or druid root you, and you are a gnome, you can break it and you will save more than 250 hp. A rogue uses crippling poison and rupture to try to kite you, or tries to blind you, and you are a dwarf, stone form has just nullified all of it.

And in end game pve, sure the 5% is nice, but so is the undead fear break, or the humans +5 swords (glancing blows are reduced). Not to mention since all the end game instances are rep based, their racial will help them there. If there is a stealthed rogue or druid, their perception will find them, denying the opener.

NE, while ugly as sin, have a very very very powerful racial in shadow meld. It gives them protection while resting and the abilty to get the opening charge.

Trolls are...well they need work

I

imported_Edward The Less

Most people new to the game do not do PvP and they should not.

To do PvP well you will need to have a level 60 PvE character to feed items and money to your PvP character so that you can stay up with the "twinks" in the battlegrounds.

Also don't forget the Taurens War Stomp
I've had it save me more than a few times.

I

imported_Kalibek

heh, pvp is what makes this game really fun, imho.

NeroRathe

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Most people new to the game do not do PvP and they should not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd absolutely 110% disagree with that statement....

PvP can be a pretty large part of the game, and new players just dont jump into PvE servers, many do go straight for a PvP server if they think that they'll want to get involved with it down the road. I'd also venture that it's a pretty large portion of folks that do this, say upwards of 30% of players. I jumped into WoW on a PvP server along with 3 friends, and we've encountered many folks who did the same thing.

<blockquote><hr>

To do PvP well you will need to have a level 60 PvE character to feed items and money to your PvP character so that you can stay up with the "twinks" in the battlegrounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely not.

It is a HUGE, HUGE benefit to have a twinked character, but you dont HAVE to do that. Smart folks start jumping into PvP BG's around 18-19, 28-29, 38-39. Even with green gear, you have the advantage of at least being a higher level, or at least not being outclassed by being outleveled. A twink who knows how to use his skills in PvP is always going to be successful, but someone going in with green's but who understands PvP, his class, and what his opponents might/can do, can certainly hold his own, and have plenty of fun.

Waiting to get a PvE character to 60 to help farm items and gold is foolish, granted every little bit helps, but I'll take the guy who understands his class, and has experience over the unknowledgeable twink any day of the week.

You certainly wont win every fight, but if you learn something from your fights, by the time you hit 60, you'll be a solid PvP'er, and worthy adversary. You also wont feel like you went 60 levels and missed a very large, and enjoyable part of the game. Besides, if you dont learn as you level, by the time you have the "gear", you'll be overmatched by people level's lower, because they know what they are doing.....and you dont !