• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Virtue Testing

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A few initial observations trying to raise the two new Virtues on Test Center. Given the slow gains, I haven't reached Seeker to test the Virtue powers yet...

HUMILITY

1) The -70 resist penalty doesn't negate your minimum resists from Resisting Spells. At 120 Resisting Spells, you still have 44% in all resists, sufficient to reduce max spell damage to 40ish even from high skill monsters.
2) Even with high-fame monsters, raising Humility is not very fast. As for Honor, I went for Succubi in the Fan Dancer Dojo. Starting from zero, I gained one dot in Humility approximately every 18 Succubi killed. At this rate it's going to take 180 Succubi just to reach Seeker of Humility.

SPIRITUALITY

Just casting Greater Heal on people at the bank doesn't seem to work to gain in Spirituality. It seems that you actually have to heal hit points to gain in Spirituality.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Even with high-fame monsters, raising Humility is not very fast.
I must correct myself... raising Humility is very fast if you are humble :cool:

You need to hunt low-level creatures to gain quickly, because the Humility gains from a low-level creature are almost the same as from a high-level creature. I gained one dot of Humility after killing 40 or so skeletons in the graveyard, which is considerably faster than killing 18 Succubi...

I was able to reach Seeker of Humility in around 15 minutes simply killing enough slimes and giant rats to complete the first tier of the Vermin Horde spawn in Ilshenar (near the Humility moongate nonetheless ;)).

With this I was also able to test the Humility ability, and I found out that it consumes a lot of points: I was at the beginning of Seeker, and I went almost all the way back to zero.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With this I was also able to test the Humility ability, and I found out that it consumes a lot of points: I was at the beginning of Seeker, and I went almost all the way back to zero.
So it consumes more points than activating Honor does?