• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Video Up! (Hooded Robe Of Britannia Showcase)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Thanks for that, the robe looks great, sort of like animal skin, I was shouting at the screen ' I can see your dye!' LOL :D

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I found that brown weirdly matt, with not much shine to it at all, I also thought it would be darker like dark chocolate...:oops:

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sometimes I'll toss out some constructive criticism, but it's really nice to have you making vids of the game man.

TheWolf

Adventurer
I will also toss out some constructive criticism, occasionally. Overall I don't think your videos are for me, but also glad you are making them. Didn't mean to sound harsh earlier, was just my opinion. For spending $22 on some fluff, and putting some change in broadswords pockets, you can make 2 hour videos about robes / dyes :D

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
I know Wing Zero in game on Atlantic, to the point, I can say he's one of my bested (is that a word!?) ingame buddies. I love the fact he takes the time to make these videos on his new discoveries of the games, and amazed that he finds new things even some of us Veteran players don't know about or never discovered or tried. (and I have to say that even though he doesn't name me by name, I know when he has given me a shout out in the videos! LOL RAWR! :cheerleader: Thanks, mate! )

Keep Videoing and carry on!

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
any chance you can make your videos a little more family friendly and drop the swearing?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
any chance you can make your videos a little more family friendly and drop the swearing?
My wife says that a lot. Especially when I die in a crowded area or I get res killed by a mob. If you die within 20 seconds of ressing you should not lose Fame.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I disagree, I don't understand when people cry about being reskilled, it is the player's responsibility to ensure they are ressed in a secure location, ressing on the field is risky.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Please don't. This is some stupid thing only found in UO. People are way too sensitive in this community to swearing. I got hand slapped in a guild for saying something I didn't even consider a swear word. Something really dumb I can't even remember now. There were all adults in the discord too. Immediately left that guild, but it was a good guild other than the overly sensitive old folk.

EDIT: Stephen King said something on writing I love and think goes beyond writing. I don't want to hear some vanilla he said she said dialogue. I like my dialogue colorful and how real people speak. That means cursing, slang, and metaphors. Don't be vanilla in your videos. They will be less interesting because it won't sound authentic.

Last edited:

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
Please don't. This is some stupid thing only found in UO. People are way too sensitive in this community to swearing. I got hand slapped in a guild for saying something I didn't even consider a swear word. Something really dumb I can't even remember now. There were all adults in the discord too. Immediately left that guild, but it was a good guild other than the overly sensitive old folk.
Agreed. If a person knows that these videos will have something offensive in it, then my suggestion is to not watch the video in front of children. I think that anyone who suggests that kids aren't exposed to swearing IRL or anywhere else on the internet is delusional.

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
I think I only swore once in this video? I am really trying to tone it down.
I have a two year old which I never swear in front of so on my videos it should be as easy to do.

I definitely appreciate that you watch them so its the least I can do for people who are offended by it.

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I dont find language offensive. Occasionally i find the context of language offensive. I always find motivations offensive when it seeks to stop a person from using the words which they choose to use in their own voice. To put it simply, you know what you are getting and you dont have to watch the video. Acting like a puritan and demanding others kowtow to your morality isnt for me and should be fought IMO. I have heard two people refer to the Gospels in a roundabout way in a few threads about offensive language in these vids and i myself just dont see the point. I am aware that he said "it isnt what you put into your mouth that makes you unholy, it is what comes out of your mouth which makes you unholy" This is a reference to dietary laws and speaking with malice. There was no malice nor hatred in Wings use of salty language. NONE!
Here is a thought... Just dont watch the video... Or make your own in the way you want!
That being said. I work a professional job and it is a bit unprofessional to speak like a biker. BUT... HIS FREAKING FACE IS TATOOED! I DONT EXPECT HIM TO TALK IN THE QUEENS ENGLISH! CHRIST! IM MORE OFFENDED BY HOW HE PRONOUNCES STUFF SOMETIMES! DONT EVER READ A PREPARED STATEMENT AT A EULOGY WINGS!
I love ur vids...

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I agree with Osis, but also what Wing said in his last reply. I'm a devout man of god myself, but fear of cursing is old school. I just don't take the Lord's name in vain. When you start changing the way you speak for other people things become less engaging. However, having said that, you are out to entertain people and it's best to keep your audience as broad as possible so if there are people out there that expect not cursing and you can... then go for it.

And, parents should also try to act their best around their children and be good role models. I wouldn't want my daughter dropping F bombs either. But, if it's become how you speak then that's how I like to hear because it's more authentic.

It's such a small issue though I don't see why it's harped on so much in UO and here. Just raise your kids yourself and not expect them to have perfection all around them all the time. It's not going to happen.

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thought police and morality bullies... This website (Stratics) has defined rules and codes of conduct. Which i have been taken to task for breaking on a few occasions, admittedly... And i would like to add, rightfully so! I dont make the rules here! But to think you have the right to define how a person expresses themselves in a non malicious way upon another platform is kinda LAME! Sure his language is a bit salty but it isnt half as bad as the language of 95% of the other gaming channels! My point is why interject yourself into this? You do you!!! let him do him!!! If you dont like it.. DONT WATCH!!!!!
BTW he said the F word ONE time in that vid...
Puritans... Make like the Amish and go away slowly with ur horse n buggy... OR! Hang around and chill and realize there are blue collar dudes in AUS with face tattoos that talk abit salty, but love UO like we do!
If you want "family" content for this game hows about you go make it, instead of insisting others make it for you!
Wings even a family guy raising his daughter! Lookit his Avatar! Im sure he will raise her to mispronounce junk too!! :)
The one thing ive found in my time on this planet is that it takes all kinds of people to make up a world! I cant do it on my own and neither can you... SO... Let him be his own person... ON ANOTHER PLATFORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have no power there so ur trying to exert your power from here to change his behavior there. SUPER LAME!
PURITAN...

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I don't like people swearing AT me, but I have two grown up sons and I know the way they talk to me is not the way they talk to their friends. I've heard my sons on Teamspeak, it makes me cringe, but it's not worth getting in a flap! :p