• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Video of Shinobi The Space Goat. Tier 2.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm having fun with my giant beetle - it dropped to 1 -> 5, and I just raised it the first time. I'm hoping options open up for magic, because the things start with 500 mana.

I gave it max dex & stamina, more HP & strength, HP regen 5, and Armor Ignore. I'm getting really nice skill gains on the greater earth eles in Shame level 2, and he has to be attacked by at least two at a time to even need vetting (progress toward second raise is slow with them). Clay golems, on the other hand, requires my healing him, but he gets about 2% each, plus some gains (definitely a lot easier than having another pet tank for him, as it seems that a good part of training progress comes from being hit, possibly more than from attacking)

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
I'm having fun with my giant beetle - it dropped to 1 -> 5, and I just raised it the first time. I'm hoping options open up for magic, because the things start with 500 mana.

I gave it max dex & stamina, more HP & strength, HP regen 5, and Armor Ignore. I'm getting really nice skill gains on the greater earth eles in Shame level 2, and he has to be attacked by at least two at a time to even need vetting (progress toward second raise is slow with them). Clay golems, on the other hand, requires my healing him, but he gets about 2% each, plus some gains (definitely a lot easier than having another pet tank for him, as it seems that a good part of training progress comes from being hit, possibly more than from attacking)
Ohh!! You never see just normal Beetles ever, its always fire and rune beetles. Hopefully more people will experiment now!
Its funny in narvey due to my 120 vet i get like 400 praises and thank you's due to being able to instant res pets, it helps so much.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your beetle dropped to 1 control slot? I'd almost be tempted to put it into training and not bother advancing it just to have a 1 slot mountable pack animal.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your beetle dropped to 1 control slot? I'd almost be tempted to put it into training and not bother advancing it just to have a 1 slot mountable pack animal.
Requires taming once you start training it I believe.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a further look into the leveling of a goat.
Today I reached tier 2 with him and added more stats which made has him a lot stronger
Added skills to give you a better insight into Publish 97 on basic pets.
If you're new to my channel its: Wing Zero Straight Edge
1-3 pets can get pretty strong really. I've been having fun goofing around with wolves, and deer, and cows. My 3 slot deer can wipe the floor with anything below GD's, and can kill a GD eventually with healing and I even kinda screwed up it's training. It more or less soloed a paragon demon, I only healed poison twice. Waiting for a raven, giant toad and some 1 slot dire wolves to bond to try some more stuff out. :D

Gonna see if I can find a 1 slot hell hound and train it up as a necro.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
1-3 pets can get pretty strong really. I've been having fun goofing around with wolves, and deer, and cows. My 3 slot deer can wipe the floor with anything below GD's, and can kill a GD eventually with healing and I even kinda screwed up it's training. It more or less soloed a paragon demon, I only healed poison twice. Waiting for a raven, giant toad and some 1 slot dire wolves to bond to try some more stuff out. :D

Gonna see if I can find a 1 slot hell hound and train it up as a necro.
Sounds fun... betting there will be a lot of experimenting going on. I'm working on a CuSidhe...

But I have a question for you who have been working on things... I was using the Planning menu and adding things away till I nearly used up the 1500 points (testing it out on TC before doing it on the real thing)... and I had picked the following:
cropped.png

However when I started adding all these things to my Cu... I got as far as Armor Ignore and then I couldn't select Explosive Goo... Is there a reason for that??? Why could I put it on the Planning Menu and it "appears" as though it will work nothing is negative or red or anything... so one would think i could do it but it won't let me... is that some sort of a bug??? IMO if you can't have all those things it ought to not let you plan them... wouldn't you think? What is the point of having and using the planner if it doesn't work?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds fun... betting there will be a lot of experimenting going on. I'm working on a CuSidhe...

But I have a question for you who have been working on things... I was using the Planning menu and adding things away till I nearly used up the 1500 points (testing it out on TC before doing it on the real thing)... and I had picked the following:
View attachment 66335

However when I started adding all these things to my Cu... I got as far as Armor Ignore and then I couldn't select Explosive Goo... Is there a reason for that??? Why could I put it on the Planning Menu and it "appears" as though it will work nothing is negative or red or anything... so one would think i could do it but it won't let me... is that some sort of a bug??? IMO if you can't have all those things it ought to not let you plan them... wouldn't you think? What is the point of having and using the planner if it doesn't work?
I think it's because of steal life? You can only have abilities from two of the types (with special moves allowing 2) if I'm not mistaken. So like you could have life steal, and goo, or life steal or goo and AI plus another weapon special.

I really don't get why they made it that way, it's needlessly restrictive. It should just be 3 ability slots of any kind. Though I guess it's to be expected, pointless lack of simplicity is the hallmark of this design team, even when they do good work. :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think it's because of steal life? You can only have abilities from two of the types (with special moves allowing 2) if I'm not mistaken. So like you could have life steal, and goo, or life steal or goo and AI plus another weapon special.

I really don't get why they made it that way, it's needlessly restrictive. It should just be 3 ability slots of any kind. Though I guess it's to be expected, pointless lack of simplicity is the hallmark of this design team, even when they do good work. :p
Well my point for @Bleak is if this is the case then in the Preview page it either should go Negative or NOT allow me to put that on the Preview and give me some sort of warning or "you already have the limit for this type of special" message... it should give the RED with a 0 like everything else does if you try to go over the limit.

But as it is it LET me put that on there so when I did start imbuing the pet... I then found that it can't be done but I have no way to PREVIEW the RIGHT choices... and since once you Imbue the pet you can't go back and "undo" it then PREVIEW needs to be exactly what it claims to be and it needs to accurate. Fortunately I'm on test so no harm no foul and I didn't mess up the real thing... but seriously this needs addressing.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well my point for @Bleak is if this is the case then in the Preview page it either should go Negative or NOT allow me to put that on the Preview and give me some sort of warning or "you already have the limit for this type of special" message... it should give the RED with a 0 like everything else does if you try to go over the limit.

But as it is it LET me put that on there so when I did start imbuing the pet... I then found that it can't be done but I have no way to PREVIEW the RIGHT choices... and since once you Imbue the pet you can't go back and "undo" it then PREVIEW needs to be exactly what it claims to be and it needs to accurate. Fortunately I'm on test so no harm no foul and I didn't mess up the real thing... but seriously this needs addressing.
I agree.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Requires taming once you start training it I believe.
35 taming if you leave it at 1 slot. 75 if you raise it to 2 slots. I'm actually thinking about taking a BOD runner on my second account, adding 75 taming, train a giant beetle to 2 slots, and using an untrained fire beetle, together, for mining.

The question is - does it also require lore? After all, the pet can be transferred to you before training.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

View attachment 66335

I guess the Cu already had Bleed by default?
If so, you can only have three abilities total so that would be Steal Life, Armor Ignore and the Bleed that you already had.
I noticed that with the lesser Hiryu. It already had Grasping Claw and Dismount when tamed so I could only add one more ability.

And yeah, if you can´t add something the planner should say so.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I guess the Cu already had Bleed by default?
If so, you can only have three abilities total so that would be Steal Life, Armor Ignore and the Bleed that you already had.
I noticed that with the lesser Hiryu. It already had Grasping Claw and Dismount when tamed so I could only add one more ability.

And yeah, if you can´t add something the planner should say so.
Right that's my point the planner ought to take that into account and if you can't properly plan out your pet ahead of time (Again thankful that I went to TC to test out planning and adding the skills/stats and stuff)... you would be hosed thinking you could actually do it and then might add the wrong things first.... and totally bone yourself from making a good pet wasting hours of training time.

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran

View attachment 66335

You're the first person I've really seen speak of the planner, I am now assuming it may be broken. I'd say it never got reported during the beta testing on TC1 -___-

Diamonas

Journeyman
Had the same issue with my current test Cu.

Planner let me add Aura of energy to my Cu along with Armor Ignore and Conduit blast(can't remember if that's what the energy debuff is) but now I can't and I'm on stage 5/5 with 1501 points to spend and nothing to spend it on. And when it disallowed me from adding it on step 4/5 I had 280 pts left and it cost a 100.
So it's not a matter of points. The planner is broken.
Please @Bleak don't let anymore pets be guard wacked due to the broken planner!