• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Vendor Gold Restriction/New Camera Angle

Irish Red Cap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So... I was talking with my brother who also plays PG. The topic kinda moved over to 2 things that came out in this patch. I'll try to make a clear list of what we talked about in a meaningful fashion.

1) The new camera angle: Being unable to go first person and zoom out at a pretty far distance was my first big negative impression with the camera angle. Then the fact that the camera is off-center so that the character is slightly to the left makes it rather difficult to turn auto-run on and line myself up where I need to go without some pretty hard focus.

My brother suggested that maybe change something in the options that allows for a difference between the two camera angles. Creating a "locked camera" that defaults with the newer look and restrictions and creating an option making an "unlocked camera" that allows for first person and centers the screen on the character.

The side-view seriously just gives me a headache now and makes it more tedious to play any close range skill (especially lycan) when I can't even see things that come up behind me.

2) The new gold restriction from vendors: So I actually was talking with Rojjin in-game last night and I kind of see what he was talking about on how gold income can be extremely easy when you reach a certain point in the game. I understand that as I could make some serious gold by running werewolf dungeon just picking up all things worth 500+ and skinning to make a good 50k within an hour. (Still not as fast as Rojjin! :p)

Anyways, my brother who is still trying to find his way in the game with his non-combat skills was raging over the gold restriction. The idea we managed to come up with to avoid something like bulk selling for easy farm while still providing relieve for newer players, so they aren't entirely reliant on more experienced players to start, was rather simple.

Remove the restriction on the amount of gold a vendor can spend each week if they aren't entirely newb friendly like Marna. Instead change it to where the vendor can only hold 1 full stack of a certain item.

e.g: I'll use my farm for example, say I make 150 Nice Rolls from nice skins, a vendor would only be able to buy 99. This is only IF they have none of the item already on them. So say they have 26 nice rolls, I would only be able to sell 73. They will keep all "material stacks" for a set period of time (6-7 days) then will destroy them if they are unsold.

It keeps players from selling just a single thing in excessive bulk. Now the other idea from money making which comes from just selling anything 500+ to a vendor. Maybe put a limit on the amount/type of armor/weapons a vendor can hold during a set period (6-7 days). This makes some of the more experienced players rely on the consignment more to sell the higher end goods and stops excessive farming with a clear inventory just to sell for 60-70k from a dungeon run.

Just like the material stacks after a set period of not selling said amount/types of armor/weapons the vendor trashes them and destroys it. This also increases the use of the new community chest for older players who feel like a piece of gear could be useful for a newer player without selling it to the vendor since it would take up some of their income rather than just helping another player out.

Well those are my two cents on these subjects I just wanted to explain what my brother and I had spoken about and some of the ideas we had come up with. Any other players or the Devs got any comments/suggestions/flat out rebukes go ahead and post.

Gremror

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Remove the restriction on the amount of gold a vendor can spend each week if they aren't entirely newb friendly like Marna. Instead change it to where the vendor can only hold 1 full stack of a certain item.

e.g: I'll use my farm for example, say I make 150 Nice Rolls from nice skins, a vendor would only be able to buy 99. This is only IF they have none of the item already on them. So say they have 26 nice rolls, I would only be able to sell 73. They will keep all "material stacks" for a set period of time (6-7 days) then will destroy them if they are unsold.

It keeps players from selling just a single thing in excessive bulk. Now the other idea from money making which comes from just selling anything 500+ to a vendor. Maybe put a limit on the amount/type of armor/weapons a vendor can hold during a set period (6-7 days). This makes some of the more experienced players rely on the consignment more to sell the higher end goods and stops excessive farming with a clear inventory just to sell for 60-70k from a dungeon run.
I could not possibly disagree more.

Sorry, but this is an absolutely terrible idea. A game breaking idea, in my opinion, as player markets are still far off.

Your "solution" would yet again solely benefit the most experienced players who would always keep this stuff on lock down, as they have the ability to mass produce this stuff and will occupy all the slots. I would have absolutely no money whatsoever if this was implemented.

Why? Because I find it fun to make money from cooking, from alchemy, from the other non-combat skills.

Those of you whose sole interest appears to be combat and maxing levels for the sake of maxing them might be fine with your suggestion, but those of us who enjoy the non-combat - who are still playing the game because it's MORE than just combat - would have no reason to play the game if your idea was implemented. We'd run out of money and resources in 5 seconds flat, with endless dull grinding for stuff/farming high end dungeons the only option. And so we'd quit/never bother playing, because you're forcing us to do things your way.

And as I said earlier, newbies would be completely cut out. They wouldn't be able to make money from cooking, from making leather, from alchemy, from cotton, etc.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, devs, disregard this suggestion.

Irish Red Cap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I could not possibly disagree more.

Sorry, but this is an absolutely terrible idea. A game breaking idea, in my opinion, as player markets are still far off.

Your "solution" would yet again solely benefit the most experienced players who would always keep this stuff on lock down, as they have the ability to mass produce this stuff and will occupy all the slots. I would have absolutely no money whatsoever if this was implemented.

Why? Because I find it fun to make money from cooking, from alchemy, from the other non-combat skills.

Those of you whose sole interest appears to be combat and maxing levels for the sake of maxing them might be fine with your suggestion, but those of us who enjoy the non-combat - who are still playing the game because it's MORE than just combat - would have no reason to play the game if your idea was implemented. We'd run out of money and resources in 5 seconds flat, with endless dull grinding for stuff/farming high end dungeons the only option. And so we'd quit/never bother playing, because you're forcing us to do things your way.

And as I said earlier, newbies would be completely cut out. They wouldn't be able to make money from cooking, from making leather, from alchemy, from cotton, etc.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, devs, disregard this suggestion.

Just going to point out. It is not a "solution" merely a suggestion. I don't make majority of my income from combat-related skills instead I actually make majority of my income from skinning/tanning while using the leftovers to improve my leather-working. Majority of the materials that I actually make from non-combat skills are still being used to increase my favor with vendors across the 3 zones.

I was trying to create a suggestion to form a balance between farming dungeons and farming materials without restricting players income. You could easily change it to where vendors could buy a set number of stacks of materials or even lower the amount of time required for them to purchase more stacks. Leaving dungeons (armor/weapon farming) at 6-7 days while materials could be every 1-3 days per set number of stacks.

It still leaves the non-combat skills as a very viable source of income no matter which option you choose to go with but it also leaves dungeon farming a viable option giving more experienced players a reason to run dungeons.

Edit: Just gonna edit this into this post.

This new gold restriction also massively discourages a player based market. Why should an experienced player have to go and pay a newer player when they can go back and use the gold they've already accumulated to get their non-combat skills up.

Then newer players are forced into the restricted gold income while experienced players will horde gear that while might be pointless in the long run and not worth consigning but try to sell it to the newer players rather than donate it.

They are further restricted in their income and forcing them into specific roles rather than letting them explore different roles. If a newer player can only get a net income of around ~12k in serbule once every 7 days then they will have to choose between spending it on gear or farming gear, or spending it to get a non-combat skill up (since most non-combat skills start in the low 200s but quickly rise to 2k+ per medium levels then upwards of 10-15k for upper tier and 30k+ for top tier).

That means you'll spend a week or so trying to farm just to get a new recipe for a non-combat ability. Frankly the 7 day limit on the vendor gold is just outrageous. Even if they lowered it back to every 2 days it would still be a struggle but much more manageable.

Last edited:

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
THE solution is player vendoring. Got no math to back that up. Just theory. Armor crafter doesn't like farming skins, buys them from a noob. Both win.

Irish Red Cap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Well yes, the perfect solution would be a player based market. Still to my knowledge, and that is very lacking, the only non-combat skill that creates armor would be leather-working and leather-working gets pretty outrageously expensive. So to get leather-working up you need a non-combat skill that allows you to make a high income + the skins you will need to buy from other players if you haven't focused in skinning.

Then in the long run leather-working enchanted gear is so random with the stats that can come from gems. Personally I would enjoy seeing a change to leather-working so that you could create a piece of armor with 4-5 max modifiers based on the amount of gems of the certain type you put in. That way you can mix-and-match certain skills or even create something like triple based skill armor. The modifiers would still be random as would the level requirement but I think it would add more flare and use to high-end leather-working. That also brings in a secondary non-combat of geology opening up the field even more to whom a leather-worker must buy mats from encouraging a player based market.

Gremror

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Well yes, the perfect solution would be a player based market. Still to my knowledge, and that is very lacking, the only non-combat skill that creates armor would be leather-working
Uhhh... What about Textile/Tailoring & Blacksmithing?

Irish Red Cap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Textile/Tailoring and Blacksmithing only create animal shoes and gloves to my knowledge. They also help provide buffs/additional modifiers to gear that you already have. To make high-end gear from scratch requires leather-working.

Rojjin

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Textile/Tailoring and Blacksmithing only create animal shoes and gloves to my knowledge. They also help provide buffs/additional modifiers to gear that you already have. To make high-end gear from scratch requires leather-working.
Textile creates cloth to make clothing with tailoring, it is armor
blacksmithing only modifies metal armor and makes shoes/misc crafting supplies

Irish Red Cap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Well there is Rojjin to explain the tailoring aspect. Its not a non-combat skill I have leveled so my knowledge of it was severely lacking. Still that makes only 2 based non-combat skills that can actually create armor from scratch.

Is tailoring completely random like leatherworking?