• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] New UI bug list workarounds etc

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I thought it might be a good idea to get a thread going in one spot where we can discuss the new UI and any bugs or problems we are having!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When making a new hotbar it wont seem to stick in the same place. Locked or unlocked seems to make no difference.

Below is a picture to explain.

Picture 1 is how I set it and want it to be.

Picture 2 is when I login again and it has moved.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same thing here when the toolbars were closed. I had them right up against the chat window to the right of the screen.

Logout and then back in (same char) and they have all jumped to the left.

The red arrows show where they were set originally.

Anna Goodward

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
1) Using Legacy backpack often items get stuck in the upper left corner when dropped into it
2) Boat cannon gumps keep closing when using the menu
3) Special Move (in my case I noticed with Armor Ignore using a bnow) is blocked and if clicked from the character sheet thing says it requires 60 mana but it's just 30 (not fixed yet)
4) Lock graphics on hotbars are not displayed correctly initially
5) Sounds playback gets cut off here and then ending any playback (music or effect)
6) Double clicking the target window in combat mode does not start an attack anymore?
7) Profile text poofs/poofed. Can't set it either
8) Crates on NPC boats are partially locked? That on purpose?
9) Healthbar of targetted "enemy" is not updating correctly (showing 100% most of the times)
10) Chat filters have not been remembered accross sessions (FIXED)
11) cancelling chat input shows empty line to others
I didn't dare to try out more characters and things yet. Prolly much more things to report as soon as I find the time to do stuff.
12) When you lock the chat window the tab controls are gone (Workaround: Chat Context menu)
13) Save journal to file is not remembered
14) VvV Messages keep spamming even though being in Trammel
15) Logout in a coowned house is not working. Even though there is no war cooldown or anything. Happened after P2P trade. Anything wrong there?
16) (Legacy) Backpack keeps returning to it's default location
17) Paperdoll keeps being kicked out of the screen. Not funny resetting locs after every login!!
18) Locked chat window position is not remembered correctly accross sessions.
19) Content info on city inventory is messed up with non resolved placeholders
20) City bulletin board tooltip is empty
21) Warhorses looks solid blue! Yuk!
22) Non-bug: Please add toggle to disable the silly overhead '!' of NPCs
23) Character profile cannot be edited or closed. Previous text is not showing either!! (relog and it seems to work, annoying none the less)
24) The ****ty EC style books are back! Give us the real once back!!
25) Whisper is broken (again!). Says unknown command if you try

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
- After I die I cant open my backpack through the hotbar. Only reloading the UI through script action or logout resets it for me. Hotkey (I) works though.

- The 5 SDI trade deal (maybe others as well) is listed
as debuff

Last edited:

Lexx Merlin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Items stop showing up in my trade window and all I see are empty trades. I've deleted my character profiles once and then the trade works once with items now visible. After that, the items become invisible again in the trade window.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Containers don't seem to be saving the locations when opened and moved to a certain spot. Bank box for example.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I noticed that if you start with an empty pack and try to put something into it you can't take and move it. It will ALWAYS return to the Upper left... however this is extremely annoying for me as I ALWAYS put my spellbook and runebooks in the RIGHT corner.

Also there is NO infomation on account age.... Profile is BLANK at the bottom. Can't tell when or if I'm about to get rewards or not.

Have to open my backpack everytime I log in. Rather annoying. Sometimes my Paperdoll moves about on it's own. Also the Character Skill tracker doesn't update properly. If I switch from one character to another it sometimes only shows 2 skills... even though I have it set to show ALL skills.

I just also want to say that OMG the log in window is totally beautiful. Don't know who did the art for those dragons and the keep but I LOVE it. Also love the colors... Vast improvement over what it was.

Taking me awhile to get used to spells graying out and stuff but rather like it.

Seriously miss the pet power calculator and the enhanced pet lore features from the old Pinco's. @Pinco... I don't know how long it will be before you get your UI back up and running but .... I honestly just can't bring myself to go taming without it. Also miss the color coded loot... now it's a massive guess as to what something is worth for unraveling purposes. I soooo miss that.

If I could help I would but ..... I know NOTHING of modern coding or whatever and whatever I may or may not remember from High School is LONG gone. It's been 30 years.

Anyway I have noticed that I am not nearly as laggy as I had been previously. So something is wonderful... Infact I'm so fast now I might get accused of speed hacking...

@Kyronix Something else I noticed that is wrong with boats. At least the old school small dragon ship I been using. When I get on board my pets will NOT come with me. If I'm doing a Trade quest I rather need my pets to come with me. Rather pointless to have them along if they won't board the ship. Previously if I clicked the plank to board the ship my bonded pets hopped onto the plank with me...... now they stand there on the shoreline looking all sad and upset they can't come with me and nervously pacing back and forth. :[ Makes me very sad.... I want them to join me on my journey. Are tamers not meant to do the Trade Quests???

Anyway I have a long weekend of work ahead of me I'll be back sometime next week for more fun! Keep up the testing and bug fixing!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously miss the pet power calculator and the enhanced pet lore features from the old Pinco's. @Pinco... I don't know how long it will be before you get your UI back up and running but .... I honestly just can't bring myself to go taming without it. Also miss the color coded loot... now it's a massive guess as to what something is worth for unraveling purposes. I soooo miss that.
I had to rewrite the UI completely and I still have to do a LOT of big things so I don't think I will be able to release the new version anytime soon (unless I decide to release a beta).

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only a minor think from mee ..

While most tools display the number of their uses, magical pick axes dont do. Only bad thing ybout that is, that gargoyle pickaxes are considered magical and dont display their uses, too.

Anna Goodward

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Kay. So another patch and now I can't even open the paperdoll anymore. Can someone send me an email when everything is fixed again? Am considering taking a break -.-

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kay. So another patch and now I can't even open the paperdoll anymore. Can someone send me an email when everything is fixed again? Am considering taking a break -.-
Have you tried User Settings > Options >Reset UI Locs?

ziggy29

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I accidentally wiped out the key bind of "escape" to the main menu a while back on one of my characters. and now I have no way to access the main menu with the UI updates on the EC. So I can't log out other than quitting the application, and I can't access my keybindings to try to fix that problem.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I accidentally wiped out the key bind of "escape" to the main menu a while back on one of my characters. and now I have no way to access the main menu with the UI updates on the EC. So I can't log out other than quitting the application, and I can't access my keybindings to try to fix that problem.
Go to "actions" and then "menu options". You can then select "Main Menu" and drag it to a hotbar.

Also you can set a button for "user settings" this will let you access the input tab so you can change the key bindings back how you want.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Enter this script command in your chat to open the main menu
Code:
/script WindowSetShowing("MainMenuWindow", true)
Then do what DJAd said.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The first thing I'm doing on every character is deleting the hotbar that Pinco's automatically created. None of the links to menu actions work on it. Replace it with the default hotbar created when you log in.
This solves quite a lot of the things I've seen mentioned like 'can't open paperdoll' 'can't open backpack' from icon.
To set a loot bag, first open the bag. Other wise you get a message that it's not a valid container.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
14) Sound cuts off when my char drops under a certain amount of hp. Very annoying and already mentioned in various threads.

Last edited:

Anna Goodward

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
15) Logout in a coowned house is not working. Even though there is no war cooldown or anything. Happened after P2P trade. Anything wrong there?

Anna Goodward

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
17) Paperdoll keeps being kicked out of the screen. Not funny resetting locs after every login!!
18) Locked chat window position is not remembered correctly accross sessions.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
(22) could not get profile to close

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't get object handle filter to work, if I set it to Mobiles it shows everything. Also can't narrow it down by keyword like last time.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
24 vendor search is flashing on and off

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Toggle legacy containers is useless if it automatically closes all your open containers in gird view first. Didn't do that in the old default UI nor in Pinkos so no idea why it does it in the new UI. Makes stocking vendors IMPOSSIBLE if your items are stored in the EC and you only need the legacy toggle for a vendor backpack.

Needs to be changed BACK to how it used to be, ie the ONLY format change happens to bags/containers you open AFTER you press the toggle, not to existing open backpacks etc.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
(25) The skill tracker shows everything stacked on top of each other this is with a brand new profile and only on siege all other characters are as it should be!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ok, I've got the weird one to beat all weird ones. I'm sure someone has mentioned greyed out spell icons when you should be able to cast. It happens most often when you first log in, but other than that there doesn't appear to be any pattern, at least I didn't notice any until this morning. I was leading a demon away from an area, this was just after logging in, I wasn't casting and all of a sudden I noticed my spell icons were greying out when the demon was casting on me, as if I was the one that was casting...

Note that this isn't the only time after you log in that spell icons grey out when you should be able to cast, but it's the first one where I noticed a direct cause and effect, and it gets my vote for the funniest bug so far... :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Hmm I noticed this also! could it be a range thing do you think? or maybe a glitch in the timer?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hmm I noticed this also! could it be a range thing do you think? or maybe a glitch in the timer?
I think it has something to do with targeting, and maybe something to do with the initilization process for the ui, because these glitches only seem to happen right after you log in. After a few minutes everything seems to work normally for me. I certainly haven't had any problems with spell casting, etc. after the first few minutes - at least not that I can think of.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This is just a request, but can the default mode for cursor controlled movement please return to run? If the default action for cursor controlled movement is run it allows you to bind that to a thumb paddle or joystick, and use your mouse for walking. The way it works now you are forced to turn on "always run" if you are going to use joystick controlled movement, and it leaves you no option for walking. And sometimes walking is not just good for rp, it's tactically useful as well, because it's easier to control.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This shouldn't be confused with the icons greying out when a spell is cast on you. When that happens it appears to be a timing issue. It appears that the UI is trying to indicate spell interruption, but the greying out is poorly timed - it is late, and it lasts too long.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I've got the weird one to beat all weird ones. I'm sure someone has mentioned greyed out spell icons when you should be able to cast. It happens most often when you first log in, but other than that there doesn't appear to be any pattern, at least I didn't notice any until this morning.
Same here:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
13) Save journal to file is not remembered
I have a workaround for this, but it means manually editing your character profile.

Look for this:

<Chat fade="True" log="False" visible_time="60.00" scroll_limit="500" />

Change it to this:

<Chat fade="True" log="True" visible_time="60.00" scroll_limit="500" />

You can also change 'fade' to false, which will prevent the journal from disappearing. I'm betting that the 'scroll limit' can be altered as well, but I am hesitant to do so for potential instability reasons.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This shouldn't be confused with the icons greying out when a spell is cast on you. When that happens it appears to be a timing issue. It appears that the UI is trying to indicate spell interruption, but the greying out is poorly timed - it is late, and it lasts too long.
This issue is actually fairly serious. If you have the bleed effect on you, you can't cast at all. In my opinion the spell icons should not grey out during spell interruption. Spell interruption is an instantaneous thing and anything which blocks casting during spell interruption is only going to screw up the timing of any competent mage.

Donal Mor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spontaneous crashing out. No code dump. Just *blink* client closed out. Not sure what causes it but it always seems to happen at a most inconvenient time.

System: Win 7, pair of GTX 780ti cards, 16 GB ram, I7 980X cpu... it isn't for lack of horsepower...

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, it appears that the much feared and hated "pet crash bug" has found it's way to the enhanced client. Just moments ago I crashed when someone killed a guild mate's VvV pet when I approached. Both of us are in VvV.

Donal Mor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While not really new.. it still isn't 'fixed'; so in the classic client when you have 2 or more of most commodities, the graphic changes to a doubled version. This does not happen in the Enhanced client, which can make some decorating looked different.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This really is a thread about EC bugs in general. Because the VvV system and the new UI were introduced at the same time, it's hard to know whether a new bug you are seeing is related to VvV, or the new UI.