• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

new trades, new ways to be a-holes

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
so apparently people have found a new way to make me wanna reach through the screen and choke them...on legends people are just waiting for you to get your trade order, and hiding along the spots where you get ambushed....thus killing your spawned things, looting them, and doing 0 work themselves.............is there anyway your ambushers can be yellow to other players.... i mean really, this is a new low......im already at the point where i dont wanna bother with this because people acting this way

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so apparently people have found a new way to make me wanna reach through the screen and choke them...on legends people are just waiting for you to get your trade order, and hiding along the spots where you get ambushed....thus killing your spawned things, looting them, and doing 0 work themselves.............is there anyway your ambushers can be yellow to other players.... i mean really, this is a new low......im already at the point where i dont wanna bother with this because people acting this way
Are people actually walking down the road, like in the middle of the road ? really ? lol

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I may have attacked someone else's ambushers while trying to find mine. I got the burning crates somewhere NE of Britain Moongate, killed the ones I saw but didn't get the order back so I was running around looking for one I may have missed and killed someone else's. I did loot to get my arrows back :) I was on Jack Sparrow so if I messed up your trade, i'm sorry :(

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just don't mention the new "hooded robes" the humans sometimes wear are dye-able ;)

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I usually, when doing trade routes, look at my journal to see all the names to be sure I'd kill them all for the bump, but I noticed today, that the monsters are tethered to the burning wagon and will pop back.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The new ambushers were working in fel about ~an hour ago. only got 1 special item (i did a few runs on my bard)... didn't know half the ambushers were going to be completely immune to barding skills.

Guess it's time to bring out the ol' sampire or wammie =X

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just don't mention the new "hooded robes" the humans sometimes wear are dye-able ;)
The hooded robes aren't new, they're the same as the Barrab shamans wear, those can be looted and dyed too.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The hooded robes aren't new, they're the same as the Barrab shamans wear, those can be looted and dyed too.
Yup they used the wrong "human model", Mesanna did say yesterday they shouldn't be dropping and they shouldn't be able to be dyed.
They no longer drop as i've seen today.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup they used the wrong "human model", Mesanna did say yesterday they shouldn't be dropping and they shouldn't be able to be dyed.
They no longer drop as i've seen today.
I am so glad they spent time and effort correcting the game breakingly critical bug of a dyeable hooded robe. I'm not sure the shards would have survived this.

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
When I pointed this out on GenChat the first day of its release in Atlantic and wanting to warn other players (as it had just happened to me with a certain player stealing my ambushers), oddly, I was to BLAME. I was told point blank: "DON'T TAKE THE ROADS and they won't follow and steal your ambushers" . What! Really!?

I wanted to reach through MY screen and CHOKE that person to saying it was MY fault for being there doing a trade run. How dare I, right?

On a SIDE note: I have been running Trade Runs for several months now and noticed once they nerfed them with this publish I no longer get the "nice" rewards , mainly just crafter materials. As listed on UO Guide, I do see that "honest" trades rewards have changed, or am I missing something?

Also, I have to get 4 items in my trades now. I have YET to actually get a unique piece of loot off the ambushers. I used to like doing these trade quests for the end reward, but if I am being ambushed by dishonest players and they steal my ambushers loot or I actually kill my own ambushers and there is no unique loot (which has been my case so far) and I am getting jewels and dragon scales instead of the pink scrolls I used get, this seems o be a complete and utter waste of time now.

Anyone else not getting the unique ambushers loot?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I pointed this out on GenChat the first day of its release in Atlantic and wanting to warn other players (as it had just happened to me with a certain player stealing my ambushers), oddly, I was to BLAME. I was told point blank: "DON'T TAKE THE ROADS and they won't follow and steal your ambushers" . What! Really!?

I wanted to reach through MY screen and CHOKE that person to saying it was MY fault for being there doing a trade run. How dare I, right?

On a SIDE note: I have been running Trade Runs for several months now and noticed once they nerfed them with this publish I no longer get the "nice" rewards , mainly just crafter materials. As listed on UO Guide, I do see that "honest" trades rewards have changed, or am I missing something?

Also, I have to get 4 items in my trades now. I have YET to actually get a unique piece of loot off the ambushers. I used to like doing these trade quests for the end reward, but if I am being ambushed by dishonest players and they steal my ambushers loot or I actually kill my own ambushers and there is no unique loot (which has been my case so far) and I am getting jewels and dragon scales instead of the pink scrolls I used get, this seems o be a complete and utter waste of time now.

I did about 6 ambushers and didn't get one of the special items. I don't know that that means anything as I only ran like 4 trips. I got a goblet the other day from the "old" style ambushers, but none from the new burning wagon ones so far.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Been harping about it since Thursdays 12 hour attempt at getting something... got 2 Demonic Amulets off 2 ambushers on the first trip with 2 different characters and that was it...

Tried doing more today got one of those oddly colored hatchets but that's it.

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
And thought I would change it up slightly and try for better loot or actually ANY LOOT and change characters to my samphire who has 1 line item. I did 4 runs without being ambushed UNTIL I went to Fel to turn in my item to Slim the fence. As soon as I dunked my boat in the water, Ambushed. Still no loot.

Definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

I am beginning to feel INSANE. :banana:

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are the trade quests not available in fel?

Cos if you can do them in fel, just kill the people who kill your spawn.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't even login unless I'm looking to ruin someone's day

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I tend to go with something like Jack Sparrows explanation. Some sort of misunderstanding. This kinda thing isn't tolerated on Legends. Legends is a close knit shard and everyone needs help sooner or later. When the word gets out on Legends about someone they're sunk. Plus we're just naturally good fun people :)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The latest one is getting rid of all your old maps by passing them off as new ones as they look exactly the same until you own them and Carto them.