• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New To Taming

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hello, I am thinking about starting a taming character and a Cu as a pet. I was wondering if chivalry is better than poisoning for the pets under the lore and knowledge part. Also, does the Cu have a backpack to hold the book of Chivalry? Does the Cu decide what spells it will use when in combat, or does the tamer character do that during combat?

Thank You

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Chiv Cus are nice pets. This is a great site and I thought they had a CU template but at a quick look, I did not see it. Home | uo-cah.com They also have a discord channel that you can join to ask questions in.

The CU does not use a chivalry book and will cast it's own spells, you have no control over what it casts. If you go through the different posts here in the tamer section, you will find a lot of training advice and pet templates to look at.

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for the quick response! I'll check it out and do more research. Do Cu's have a backpack to put the bandies in for their healing?

mana hit

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No backpack for the cu,it heals in it’s on.If you have the vet skill on your char you can heal the cu With the bandaids you have in your backpack of course.

mana hit

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also you can read up about animal taming primers and masteries book,these can help with skill gains I believe as well as an option of consume damage that helps the pet stay alive,

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So, if no backpack, how does the healing skill work that the Cu will have? Doesn't the Cu need to have access to bandages? Also, with the primer, doesn't the Cu have to have that as well?

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, if no backpack, how does the healing skill work that the Cu will have? Doesn't the Cu need to have access to bandages? Also, with the primer, doesn't the Cu have to have that as well?
It is all automatic. Assume the Cu licks to heal instead of using aids and, after you read about the primer, you will better understand that only the tamer needs the primer (the Cu can't read.) :)

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I really appreciate all this info! Thank You! Oh, and if I have chivalry on my Cu, Do I need to tithe for the Cu?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Pets have 100%lrc, and depending on the magic, access to a spells( they cannot cast summons, and some magics only allow certain spells)

For highest single target, chiv ai is the best.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really appreciate all this info! Thank You! Oh, and if I have chivalry on my Cu, Do I need to tithe for the Cu?
Sounds like you should follow a step by step guide. Cu Sidhe

That's for the first round of training.

The second round you:
1. Increase Base damage per second to max
2. Add Armor Ignore
3. Add Chivalry
4. Add scrolls

Then post pics of what you have before using any more points.

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Just a quick question, I noticed that some have hitpoint regen, mana regen, or stamina regen, but most I've seen dont. Are the regeneration properties hard to train?