• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New to taming.

JD Welsh

Visitor
I have 90 taming currently, just wondering where i should be training or if i could get a link to a decent guide.

Thanks all.

Gardo

Journeyman
I have 90 taming currently, just wondering where i should be training or if i could get a link to a decent guide.

Thanks all.
If 90 real skill.... be thankful....for you can use your taming mastery to train your skill to 120!!! Super easy if not a little time consuming. (Not nearly as bad though as taming creatures to reach 120. Now that was GOD awful!!!)

JD Welsh

Visitor
If 90 real skill.... be thankful....for you can use your taming mastery to train your skill to 120!!! Super easy if not a little time consuming. (Not nearly as bad though as taming creatures to reach 120. Now that was GOD awful!!!)

How do I go about using my mastery? I dont know if that was around in 07 which was the last time i played lol :p

SouthPaw

Lore Master
How do I go about using my mastery? I dont know if that was around in 07 which was the last time i played lol :p
-You have to have the Time of Legends pack to use masteries.
-You need to get a skill mastery book; you can buy one from other players or do quests to get one. Bards can get the books very easily.
-You need an animal taming primer. Primers are gained from completing Champ spawns. You can also buy them from other players who have completed Champ spawns. After you get the primer you basically just spam it to get taming gains. You must have a minimum of 90 real skill to use the primer and it can take you all the way to 120 skill.

Last edited:

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
If you are still looking for information on how to raise Animal Taming, we just put out a new article on it here: How To Raise Animal Taming Skill | uo-cah.com (it includes how to skill using masteries as well).

I also created a chart that lists all tamables in the game with a field to enter your current Animal Taming skill. It will then highlight the ideal pets for you to tame based on your skill level and success chance: Animal Taming Chart | uo-cah.com