• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New to T-hunting / fishing and need a few questions answered.

T

thamantii

1) I have this rune library full of T-map locations marked 1 - some 100 number. So when i decode my t-map how am i suppose to relate that map to a number in my books? Is there some ultimate list associated with each map somewhere on some site?

2) Fishing - What exactly is a "SOS" ??? Is it like a T-map for fishers? I haven't yet "opened" one but i assume it looks like a t-map and that I am suppose to fish something up at the point on the map. How does one find this location if this is the case other than just hoping you happen across it.

I think that is it but i'm sure ill have more questions as i start getting further into it. I just created 2 characters one for fishing and what not and one for t-maps. I appreciate any help you guys who have been doing this a while may have for me and look forward to reading it. :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
1) there are two major systems in use for T-maps.

a. If your books are numbered 1-190 for Trammel, then it's the Treasure Hunters of Britannia system. You can click the link on uo.stratics.com to the THB page, to find a web-based map guide
b. If the books skip a number in the 60s, 10 more (consecutive) in the 100s, and goes up to 201, then it's the Goodman system, originated at the original Rune Library on Atlantic. There are web pages detailing the locations in a similar manner to THB's, but as I don't use that system, I don't have one bookmarked.

2)An SOS comes from a MIB (Message in a Bottle), which looks like a beer bottle. The SOS is a scroll. They give coordinates for you to go and fish at to recover the treasure chest (may come up first cast, may come up the 50th; random, with additional loot fished up first). Some people claim that there's a pattern to the locations, but I've never seen one. You can use a sextant to check your map location, and there is also a command in-game that begins with a "-" that I recently found out about that tells you your latitude and longitude like the sextant does. If you get within about a degree of the map, in both directions, you are in the rough area to fish for the chest. UO Automap can be set up, if used with 2D, to display your coordinates on its window. Similarly, I believe there are KR skins & free-standing mods that will display your coordinates.