• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) New to Siege, Help with Template

T

ttuzun

Hi everyone,

I am new to Siege, and well, i could be counted new to UO as well.
I have played UO for about awhile ago, before the samurai update and on a local free shard with felluca rules (except it had recall).

Now i wanted play here again and everything seems so foreign, really strange mix n match templates and stuff.

I am used to melee, mages and archers and some hybrids of the 3.
This whole take necro and ninja then fenc then tame etc. kinda confuses me

The template i had in mind was like a standard warrior with an archer back up.

Archer
Fenc (or Mace)
Tac
Anat
Heal
Resist

as basic skills and approximately 1-2 optionals depending on the skill point arrangement (maybe magery for gate to make life easier a little bit?).

I would like to know if this is any good for pvp?

Thank you beforehand.

Lebcorn

V

Vaelix

Fencer Archer can still be Lethal in PvP with Disarm Moving shots..

But with Prot / Myst now a Days.. Eh..

Malagar T'sarran

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
id suggest that to 120

fencing tactics archery or 100 with hunter headress
100 healing 100 anatomy

u got 40free slot, so id either put in med or focus i guess,

T

ttuzun

Not to jump between subjects but i am mainly torn between

the Fenc/archer i listed

and an Archer/mage. With archer being the primary damage and mage as backup damage/utility

Trying to figure out which one.

E

Elmer Fudd

Just go myst mage, you cant be killed by anyone unless by another myst mage, if your fighting a dexer and loosing....just go into stone form.,...you wont be hurt....and rest of it....cleansing winds and heal stone,,,,you cant die....gets kind of boring to play after while,,,,but you wont die very often

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fencer archer is an amazing template.

Get at least these weapons:
Warfork
Composite Bow
Heavy Xbow
Crossbow (optional, depends if you like mortal/concussion. P.S. Mortal does well to counter cleansing winds....)

Anyways. Get a real mount, equip your heavy. Jump off and dismount them, disarm with warfork and bleed, then from there you can finish multiple ways. Mount up, then warfork spam, moving shot/AI spams, mortal concussion spams, disarming and dismounting when needed or course.

Make sure you roll max dex/max stam for fast heals and fast swings though.

A

Arden

Just go myst mage, you cant be killed by anyone unless by another myst mage, if your fighting a dexer and loosing....just go into stone form.,...you wont be hurt....and rest of it....cleansing winds and heal stone,,,,you cant die....gets kind of boring to play after while,,,,but you wont die very often
What do Myst mage templates look like?

120 myst
120 focus
120 mage
120 eval
120 resist
120 med?

I was thinking about doing something like: (no one steal this!)

120 swords
120 bushido
100 myst
105 necro
120 ss
120 focus
35 magery (gear up to 80)

Im not giving you reasons for all the above numbers, it should be obvious. I havent run Myst to know how effective it is at healing, but with bushi, SS, magery, lock boxes, apples, and even human form 20 chiv, I dont see dying as possible without a dismount. Depending upon how lame people are with para and dismount Id have to re-think running without ninja and resist.

Necro + Bokuto brings the dmg along with what ever myst brings.

Any thoughts?

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ Myst mage temps - they're definitely tweaked from that due to items and whatnot.

@ Your dexxer template

120 swords - good
120 bushido - good
100 myst - make it 120
105 necro - run 60 if anything - apples paired with cleansing makes strangle useless
120 ss
120 focus
35 magery (gear up to 80) - teleport, poison, protection, cures, heals, invisibility, gate travel... yeah, can definitely be useful.

You'll need 90 tactics to do the secondary weapon special.

If I wanted to run a bok/myst....

90 Swords
90 Tactics
120 Mysticism
100 Focus
120 Bushido
120 Magery
100 Resisting Spells or Meditation

70 Swords/70 tactics to run primary specials
90 Swords/90 Tactics to run secondary specials

Orny+Crystalline = +20 Focus, +20 Magery, 10LMC, 6MR, 20LRC, 20 SDI, 2/6 casting

Use a bokuto with:
Mageweapon -20
Spell Channeling -1
FC1
15 DCI
15 HCI
40 DI
Use enchant to add 60% hit lightning to your weapon

Run stats to let you swing fast with the bokuto, while having a good mana pool and a nice amount of HP

You'll have spellplague/netherbolt/eaglestrike to get them decently low, then hit a nervestrike, and while they're stunned you can hailstorm spell trigger.

Confidence/Healstones/Pots/Magery to heal (zomg protection stoneform healstones cleansing!) Also wall of stones and teleport wewt!

You can also riding swipe dismount and ride a lesser hiyru, which is awesome, because it makes your template that much more powerful if you're playing the dismount game.

Damn, I want to play that template now..

A

Arden

@ Myst mage temps - they're definitely tweaked from that due to items and whatnot.

@ Your dexxer template

120 swords - good
120 bushido - good
100 myst - make it 120
105 necro - run 60 if anything - apples paired with cleansing makes strangle useless
120 ss
120 focus
35 magery (gear up to 80) - teleport, poison, protection, cures, heals, invisibility, gate travel... yeah, can definitely be useful.

90 Swords
90 Tactics
120 Mysticism
100 Focus
120 Bushido
120 Magery

Orny+Crystalline = +20 Focus, +20 Magery, 10LMC, 6MR, 20LRC, 20 SDI, 2/6 casting

Use a bokuto with:
Mageweapon -20
Spell Channeling -1
FC1
15 DCI
15 HCI
40 DI

Run stats to let you swing fast with the bokuto, while having a good mana pool and a nice amount of HP

You'll have spellplague/netherbolt/eaglestrike to get them decently low, then hit a nervestrike, and while they're stunned you can hailstorm spell trigger.

Confidence/Healstones/Pots/Magery to heal (zomg protection stoneform healstones cleansing!) Also wall of stones and teleport wewt!

You can also riding swipe dismount and ride a lesser hiyru, which is awesome, because it makes your template that much more powerful if you're playing the dismount game.

Ill probably try what you posted. I already haved a bonded Hiyru too.

Righty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use a bokuto with:
Mageweapon -20
Spell Channeling -1
FC1
15 DCI
15 HCI
40 DI

Too many mods. Gotta have something like: Mage weap -20, FC1, SC, HCI (or DCI), DI 15

Sounds like a fun temp tho.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

@ Your dexxer template

120 swords - good
120 bushido - good
100 myst - make it 120
120 ss
120 focus

90 Swords
90 Tactics
120 Mysticism
100 Focus
120 Bushido
120 Magery

Use a bokuto with:
Mageweapon -20
Spell Channeling -1
FC1
15 DCI
15 HCI
40 DI

Why 120 magery with 0 eval? Would be kinda useless as all your spells would do very very little damage. I know my tamer does 6 damage explosions at 115 magery with 0 eval.

be more bennificial to lower magery, take focus to 120 for trigger and put more into swords. You aint hitting anyone with 90 swords, unless you waste mods on ring... then again you would need ot have a crystaline.

I think it would be best to drop magery all together. Carry teleport scrolls, and you can use all the first and second lvl spells with jack of all trades.

Just my quick observations on the temp.

V

Vaelix

I think with a Mage weapon bokuto.. and 90/90 Sword/Tact.. You can use your 120 Magery as the weapon skill asty...

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
100 focus + 20 from ring
120 magery aka weapon skill aka heals/protection/teleport you name it - all it is is defense tbh
mage weapon also gives you the same as 120 swords, but I'm using 90 to save points since I don't need 120.

If I ran 120 swords I wouldnt' need to have mageweapon on the bokuto.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think with a Mage weapon bokuto.. and 90/90 Sword/Tact.. You can use your 120 Magery as the weapon skill asty...
Yeah that's true. I wasn't thinking along those lines. As long as you have the real skill to perform the weapon specials.

E

Elmer Fudd

@ Arden

Just make sure your 120 focus 120 Myst and you wont die....rest is gravy...you can tailor it however you want...Bok...necro...whatever....Its definalty the OP temp of the month....or flavor of the week.....whatever u wanna call it....rest is just mechanics on what u wanna do

Id Give crunch or Forsaken just four skills

120 Eval
120 Magery
120 Focus
120 Myst

Vrs a
180 stam four second heal dexer

120 anatomy
120 healing at four seconds btw
120 Chiv 4/6 btw
120 bushido for confidence
120 SS Heals also
120 Resist
with Pots and EP ring and Brac

and they would kill that pure healing template without any strugle at all..... and it wouldnt even be a contest....healer would die faster then you could say yer name....lol

Thats reality

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ Arden

Just make sure your 120 focus 120 Myst and you wont die....rest is gravy...you can tailor it however you want...Bok...necro...whatever....Its definalty the OP temp of the month....or flavor of the week.....whatever u wanna call it....rest is just mechanics on what u wanna do

Id Give crunch or Forsaken just four skills

120 Eval
120 Magery
120 Focus
120 Myst

Vrs a
180 stam four second heal dexer

120 anatomy
120 healing at four seconds btw
120 Chiv 4/6 btw
120 bushido for confidence
120 SS Heals also
120 Resist
with Pots and EP ring and Brac

and they would kill that pure healing template without any strugle at all..... and it wouldnt even be a contest....healer would die faster then you could say yer name....lol

Thats reality
Damn! Really that powerful?

E

Elmer Fudd

Its pretty crazy, a solid myst mage with there spell combonations they can string together now can fricking red line you in about ten seconds flat...u stay on screen for more then ten seconds,,,,its over.,,,,and if your a dexer....give it up...they can cast protection and heal stone through anything you do and just fricking laugh at you....Our top mage's even though they run have admited its OP...but thats the cirlce of life with UO...if you have a decent connection so you are a low level casting timer...hell run it...you have a chance of killing somene in no time flat...

might as well abuse the crap out of it untill it gets nerfed....lol