• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New to House Building

D

dgriego

I have a marble villa with patio, which I think is a 14x14 plot, it has two floors and a roof. I would like to know two things.

1. If I click customize home does my entire house disappear or can I just add a third floor to the current design?

2. What tools do I need to build a third floor?

Thank you

G

grig_since98

That is one of the fixed design houses, not a custom house. I believe you can access that option through the house sign interface, but you may want to check and be sure what will happen, because i've never gone back and forth from a custom to a fixed design.

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

From a guide written by Aalia

This menu allows you to:

* Convert to customizable House: This converts a pre-built house into an empty plot on which you can then build a house of your own design. You will be refunded the value of your old home, and then charged the cost of the empty plot.

The empty plot will have the same footprint of your old house (except for Large Towers), and the same number of maximum lockdowns and secure storage. Any items, add-ons and vendors that were in your house will be stored in the moving crate (see House Customization).

Note that Castles, Keeps, and L-shaped houses cannot be converted into customizable plots, due to their odd-shaped footprints.