• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New To Alchemy

N

nickdafunk

Just started my alchemist, and with a bit of powergaming, hope to get him to GM quite sharpish.

Ive got a large amount of regs waiting to be made into pots, and i'm raring to go.

Whats the best thing to do with empty bottles? I see I can buy them for as little as 9gp at times. Should i just make potion bottles into a container till im overweight then dump the lot, or is it more sensible to be selling the made up potions to NPCs?

I want to get this done in a quick manner, so i don't mind losing out on a few hundred K on bottles if it means im not going to have to constantly be going back and forth to my local herbalist.

Is there an up to date guide on what potions to make and when, or am i good to go with the post AOS guide at the end of the FAQ?

Any help, greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
i would just go by the guide and park yourself at the shop and when you get full sell to npc unless you are doing poisoning also then i would pump the poison pots into a keg to use gaining poisoning thats what I did if you have plenty of regs and bottles you can gm in a few hours

N

nickdafunk

I guess Luna would make a good area to train so that i would have access to my regs which will be stored in the bank and the mage shop. Everything close by.

I am training poisoning, that was partly the reason I decided to make an alchemist, so i will need to get my tinkering up as well to make these kegs.

Thanks