• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Thorpe Mission / Meeting With Jack Passer on Sunday 19th

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thorpe has a new mission to look for the Mayor of Trinsic who went missing and is suspected to be involved in the Trinsic curse. You can start the mission by speaking 'mission' to Thorpe (you can find the details by clicking here). Write down everything that you find out in a book and post it in the mail box next to the EM Hall in Britain. This mission will be available until Sunday 19th February 8pm EST.

Also, Jack Passer will meet again on Sunday 19th February 2012 at 8pm Eastern. There will be a gate at the EM Hall to his office in Buc's Den shortly before the event.

(Come prepared to fight!)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thorpe has a new mission to look for the Mayor of Trinsic who went missing and is suspected to be involved in the Trinsic curse.

It looks the Mission is broken somewhere.

I did find the room with the bedroll and "You see" book (by the way, mentioned fresh bread was not in the room but there was a lantern not mentioned....).

Anyways, since there is no further clue, that is a dead end and reporting back to Thorpe achieves nothing, he keeps mentioning only Paladin island, period..........

Besides, I am not sure why the need for the Cartography skill was mentioned at all, to find that dead end room there really was no need for Cartography skill.........

Anyways, the Mission cannot be completed and it is not possible to report back to Thorpe.

Something looks broken.

DanteSignas

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thorpe has a new mission to look for the Mayor of Trinsic who went missing and is suspected to be involved in the Trinsic curse.

Also, Jack Passer will meet again on Sunday 19th February 2012 at 8pm Eastern. There will be a gate at the EM Hall to his office in Buc's Den shortly before the event.

[Come prepared to fight!]

Killing me with the days and times. Can we get a Friday/Saturday soon por favor?

Dayton

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
It looks the Mission is broken somewhere.

I did find the room with the bedroll and "You see" book (by the way, mentioned fresh bread was not in the room but there was a lantern not mentioned....)
As for the bread, it was there...but it got eaten...watched it happen
Bedroll was there, but it could of been taken as well. I picked it up once it was rolled up, but I put it back down befor I left.
Anyways, since there is no further clue, that is a dead end and reporting back to Thorpe achieves nothing, he keeps mentioning only Paladin island, period..........

Besides, I am not sure why the need for the Cartography skill was mentioned at all, to find that dead end room there really was no need for Cartography skill.........

Anyways, the Mission cannot be completed and it is not possible to report back to Thorpe.

Something looks broken.
I agree that it dead ends in the room... or seems to anyway...
In-game, when he spoke about Cart, I thought he mentioned a good Cart would know where things are on a map. Abit misleading maybe..but might of meant we would be able to find where the people are in town. So that we could talk to them and complete finding the Mayor.

Mayor might be in the room on Sunday... not sure really.
I turned a book in with the steps I took to find the room.
We'll find out soon anyway...time to go :sleep2:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for the bread, it was there...but it got eaten...watched it happen
Bedroll was there, but it could of been taken as well. I picked it up once it was rolled up, but I put it back down befor I left.

That surprises me, usually locked down items are not for players to interact with......
I hope they were not important clues for the Mission or other players would be screwed up and unable to continue........

I agree that it dead ends in the room... or seems to anyway...
I find it annoying though. When the Mission was announced starting from Thorpe, it was my understanding that the "Cartography" Mission could be completed from start to finish and in a few days an "Alchemist" Mission would follow.

So, bumping in a "dead end" when one expects to be able to finish up the Mission before the "Alchemist" one starts, can be upsetting.

Especially, if one was not expecting it to be "dead eneded" and impossible to be finished thus wasting oneself time in search for clues which do not exist, simply because the Mission is not supposed to be finished up, yet.....

Just as an example, since the "tinkers" mention up "Mages" building the Moongate (but they are 2, plural, not 1, singular....), I heard of some players, not believing in the dead end of that empty room, because they were expecting to be capable of finishing up the Mission, to go to all and every Mages in the game (a few hundreds ??) and try asking various words in the hope to find further clues to finish up the Mission. I can only imagine the waste of one's one time to question each and every Mage in the game with multiple words in the hope of finding "what works".........

And that, only because of the expectation of being capable to end up the Mission now, not on Sunday or who knows when.........

Perhaps some more details on what to be able to expect and what not, could help players not to waste too much of their time in search of what does not exist....

At least, that's how I see it.

In-game, when he spoke about Cart, I thought he mentioned a good Cart would know where things are on a map. Abit misleading maybe..but might of meant we would be able to find where the people are in town. So that we could talk to them and complete finding the Mayor.
I may have misunderstood, but just like me, I saw also other players understanding that "Cartography" and then for the other Mission "Alchemy" skills were required to take up and perform the Mission.........

Mayor might be in the room on Sunday... not sure really.
That's fine, if the story line does not expect players to find him until a certain date I have no problem with it. Only, players should know that the Mission cannot be ended yet because noone is supposed to be able to find the Mayor as of yet.

This way, players would not keep searching fruitlessly for further clues which simply do not exist to try finish up the Mission now. They would find the room and stop there, because that is what the current status of the Mission allows to find at this time.

So, perhaps, rather than prompting players to find the actual Mayor, for the time being Thorpe should have stated that the Mayor cannot be found but at least, players should start investigating the whereabouts of his "refuge".

If Thorpe started the Mission this way, players would know to stop once they found the room, the Mayor's "refuge", simply because Thorpe himself said that the current mission stops there, with finding the room. Finding the Mayor will come later on, as the Event unfolds.

I hope that things will be clearer for the "Alchemist" Mission so as to allow players to stick with what can be found and not search for what cannot yet be found, thus using up their time towards impossible findings.

I turned a book in with the steps I took to find the room.
We'll find out soon anyway...time to go :sleep2:
I am not sure I understand what you mean here. "Turned a book in" ? What book, where did you find it for players to pick it up and whom did you turn it to ? To Thorpe ??

I followed all of the clues from Thorpe to the empty room but found no book whatsoever that was supposed to be turned in to anyone. Neither Thorpe asked for a book to be found and be brought to him.

Can you please explain more in details what this is about ? Thanks a lot.

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You can find Thorpe by using the red rune outside the EM Hall in Britain. Say mission to him to start.

Follow the clues as far as you can, when you feel you have came to an end, write what you found out in a book and post it into the Mail Box in the Wedding House (The small house next to the EM Hall in Britain).

The books will be awarded points depending on what you found out.

The bread being gone does not stop you going further, I don't like giving things away but when you find the room with the bedroll, that is the end, you have found the Mayors hideout. Write where it is and how you got there in the book.

The alchemist quest will start on Sunday.

Hope this helps, Goodluck.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can find Thorpe by using the red rune outside the EM Hall in Britain. Say mission to him to start.

Follow the clues as far as you can, when you feel you have came to an end, write what you found out in a book and post it into the Mail Box in the Wedding House (The small house next to the EM Hall in Britain).

The books will be awarded points depending on what you found out.

The bread being gone does not stop you going further, I don't like giving things away but when you find the room with the bedroll, that is the end, you have found the Mayors hideout. Write where it is and how you got there in the book.

The alchemist quest will start on Sunday.

Hope this helps, Goodluck.

Well, it does help so one does not keep looking past that room all for nothing.....

I just had not even the faintest idea that players were supposed to write their findings in a book and post it in the EMs' Mailbox.....

I naively thought that I was supposed to go to Thorpe, get the Mission while having the Cartography skill and the more the better, find the Mayor and report back to Thorpe about where he was.........

No clue at all that it would end up in that room, no finding of the Mayor and furthermore, that I had to write up all my findings in a book to drop in EMs' Mailbox to get points....... oh well....

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The moongate is fixed, thanks for letting me know.

If the missions are new to you, apologies, I'll make sure they are better explained in future.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am glad I did the quest last night. The Moongate is missing again. I was going back through to look for anything else to report and the Moongate had disappeared.

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Bloody moongate, I think it vanishes with every server down. I've replaced it with a rune, If anyone couldn't find it but has already submitted a report, you can submit another. Mission ends tomorrow night at 8pm EST.

Sorry about that.

DanteSignas

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bloody moongate, I think it vanishes with every server down. I've replaced it with a rune, If anyone couldn't find it but has already submitted a report, you can submit another. Mission ends tomorrow night at 8pm EST.

Sorry about that.
So my book had info about the gate and not the rune, I assume this will still count right?

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Updated points now available here: Investigator Point Totals : Catskills

And here is how they were marked:

MISSION 5 – Finding The Mayors Hideout
1 Point for submission
1 Point for finding Maisy
2 Points for finding Mayors Inn Room & Clue
1 Point for finding Tinker
2 Points for finding gate/rune to Mayors Hideout

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Updated points now available here: Investigator Point Totals : Catskills

And here is how they were marked:

MISSION 5 – Finding The Mayors Hideout
1 Point for submission
1 Point for finding Maisy
2 Points for finding Mayors Inn Room & Clue
1 Point for finding Tinker
2 Points for finding gate/rune to Mayors Hideout

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for posting what the points were. I didn't miss anything :)