• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Template to Consider

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I've done many variations of a samp over the years and thought I'd share one I'm having A TON of fun with lately. It's a spin off of what Corpse of Bear did with a 120 Disco Vollem so creative patent goes to him.

It's a samp/tamer hybrid that uses a 120 Disco/AI cu. I use him to farm pets (lore it and love it or lore it and kill it), bosses, etc.

Temp has a mainly crafted suit at the moment since I wasn't sure if it'd pan out and didn't want to go top tier until I knew if it was viable.

Skills I have:
120 SWORDS
120 BUSH
100 TACTICS (+10)
80 NECRO (+20)
95 TAMING (+15)
80 LORE (+30)
55 CHIV (+15)
70 PARRY

Taming is high enough natural to use taming mastery while training pet up. Also has swords 3 mastery for fighting (pet has to be able to hold his own during a fight). Cu can throw sporadic heals during a fight for a clinch heal. Once discoed samp does relative equal dmg to a samp with anatomy.

It's not an uber elite samp like I've used in the past but it was a fun mixup to build and I have a blast playing it. Just thought I'd share as others may be looking to mix it up a bit.

Innoxicated

Journeyman
I've been wondering how to make a viable samp tamer, so this is fantastic. I've always preferred a dexer tamer over the mage 'all kill, invis' cookie cutter everyone on atl seems to love. Tried archer tamer (ranger?) and loved it, but running vet and chiv left the skill points very tight. Your build here looks like it would be a blast to play, but I have to ask did you just happen to have some sick ass legendary jewels layin around?

The tamer archer didn't need to rely on dci so the jewels were easy to imbue. For this set up would it be worthwhile to sacrifice dci for the skill points? Maybe run a bladed staff and not worry about having as much ssi? Do you tank more or the pet? I wonder if possibly a shield pally or dragoon could fit a lil puppy alongside, too. Very cool variation on the overdone (rightly so, ofc) standard sampire, and like all interesting hybrid builds, it opens the floor for a lot of customization/specialization

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I imbued my jewels...a samp with legendary jewels is a samp with a half broken suit after not much use :sad3:. I use EC and have macros set to target the boss...honor...attack. Once it's the "current target" I have a macro for "all kill...cursor target current". That way the pet is able to attack and disco but the dmg focus is on me and my normal samp healing abilities.

Innoxicated

Journeyman
I'm a big fan of loading up some imbued jewelry with a ton of +skills. again very cool setup. Thanks for the reply