• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Taming Training Interface Question @kyronix

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a 3-slot Cu I have been training, it's an older pet, years old. I finally after weeks got it to 100% for it's 1st round of training and apparently it's ONLY round. I have not saved the changes because I wanted to Lore it just to make sure everything looked okay. When I lored it, it said it was a 5=>5 slot pet now. Is this supposed to happen? I've been gone for a while thanks to the last snow patch (yeah that was a long time ago) and missed all this 'mess'. I have no clue wt crap is up as to why it went from working on the training gump adding stats and skipped 4=>5 altogether from 3=>5. I thought there was a numerical sequence here, you know, 3=>4, then 4=>5, as I haven't really found any concrete data to prove otherwise I have no idea if this is intended or a bug. I do predict baldness if I continue to deal with this much longer...at least it's on TC1. IS it because I trained poison on it at 3=>4? That's the only thing I can imagine would be screwed up unless it's just an old pet being buggy. Any replies appreciated.

Thanks.

Think I will recopy and not add magic until last round, if the copy doesn't bug. I'm pretty sure this is a user error. Yes, I've read the Wiki, it's way too vague.

EDIT: I have just found an article about losing a training stage if you add magic in the 1st round of imbuing. I'm not sure that's 100% but it makes sense.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
there was(?) a bug that caused pets to skip a level, however this was supposed to be fixed, but it is UO afterall.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there was(?) a bug that caused pets to skip a level, however this was supposed to be fixed, but it is UO afterall.

Thanks afk, if it does it again I'll send a bug report.

Edit: Bug Report sent. Thanks, It just jumps a training level. I am so glad I took the 5 seconds to transfer to Test. Any idea which developer is working on pet interface so I can tag them?
@Kyronix

Last edited: