• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New taming changes

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I havent played since they put in these new changes. Any one have any tips on what skills to put on a greater dragon to make it better for spawning?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Get a Cu, Hiryu, Lesser hiryu or Bane Dragon, or beetle of your choice, work it up to 5 slots, stable it, claim the GD, release it, and then have one of the previously mentioned pets WHOOP ITS ASS, and then enjoy your new pet :)

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So my GD with over 130 wrestle and 120+ resist is pretty much dog **** now im guessing. So lets say I have a Cu instead what are some of the best skills to train for spawns? I see some of those skills have area effects and I saw you can get whilwind on a pet now. Anyone done any testing to see what is most effective all around?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Check out the Taming forum, under Professions, pretty good write ups by several people.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Also, if any tamers out there looking to make some gold I would buy a trained hiyru and I could provide the scrolls needed. Im not sure what it would be worth, but I have plenty of gold, and not a lot of time to do this myself.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
So my GD with over 130 wrestle and 120+ resist is pretty much dog **** now im guessing.
I don't think Greater Dragons have been rendered useless. They are still powerful beasts, and I don't think any other pet can match an exceptional example of their kind for sheer skill. There are many occasions when a GD is still just fine, perhaps even the best choice. It's just that now a lot of additional pets can be added to a tamer's arsenal. Both in terms of new tamables as well as traditional critters that can be trained up into something useful and just plain fun to hunt along side.

I am not a gargoyle, nor do I have any spells I can cast to lend speed to my feet. But even if I could, pets tend to be slower and always falling behind or getting stuck. I personally favor pets that can serve as a mount when not in combat, and that can stay alive without me while I continuously run to a healer to get rezzed :)

So far, I vote Cu Sidhe as the winner for self-sustainability.