• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Tables

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I got the new kings item pack. I mainly was interested in the new tables so I could replace the stone tables I have been using to display items.

Everything I put on the new tables hangs off the front edge of the table. WTH? What good are tables if you cannot place anything properly on the top?

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, I got the new kings item pack. I mainly was interested in the new tables so I could replace the stone tables I have been using to display items.

Everything I put on the new tables hangs off the front edge of the table. WTH? What good are tables if you cannot place anything properly on the top?

Use a tool and just raise it up?

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been doing that when possible, but since the tables are in rows, it looks weird when walking between rows if items are raised. Oh, and by the way, folks, be careful when looking through your items. I was standing in the middle of the room double clicking the deeds and placing to see what stuff looked like. Holding an axe, I redeeded back to my backpack. That is until I got to the alchemists shelf. That item placed and locked down when the deed was clicked. I automatically axed it to oblivion before I realized what was going on. So be careful, some of the items are deeds that make items that can be unlocked and moved around. These items cannot be axed back to a deed.

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check to see if it turned into a barrel...some deeded items have been doing that for quite awhile.
It will go back to a bookshelf when replaced.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check to see if it turned into a barrel...some deeded items have been doing that for quite awhile.
It will go back to a bookshelf when replaced.
Mine redeeded into a barrel so I'm pretty sure that's what happened, since you do need to axe them to move them.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the info. I just logged back in and the barrel is now in my backpack. It was not there when I logged out.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yeah they have seem to be doing this with a lot of the new tables (SA craftables etc). Part of the reason for this is that the new tables take up 4 tile squares but is centered within those squares leaving an empty space around it. The stone tables of yesteryear however only take up on tile with x however many tile length. So since it takes up the entire width of a tile, the items appear on them properly. This is something that definitely needs fixed but due to the way the graphics are made and stuff, probably will not be able to be done and we will have to depend on our trusty deco tools.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah they have seem to be doing this with a lot of the new tables (SA craftables etc). Part of the reason for this is that the new tables take up 4 tile squares but is centered within those squares leaving an empty space around it. The stone tables of yesteryear however only take up on tile with x however many tile length. So since it takes up the entire width of a tile, the items appear on them properly. This is something that definitely needs fixed but due to the way the graphics are made and stuff, probably will not be able to be done and we will have to depend on our trusty deco tools.
Bummer.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Pretty lame...

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should report this through the UO website, as I don't think they are aware that this is a big issue. I already reported it last week, but nothing got done about it.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty lame...

I also noticed an issue with the new wood and metal tables unlike anything ive seen before. When I am in the EC, and move the items with deco tool to sit properly on table, it will look fine, However, in teh CC they dont show as being moved with hoseu deco tool, all the items stay stacked and hanging off the edge.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't find any tables that would fit the new loveseats. Why don't they actually test any of the things they add.

I tried all the tables I could find but nothing would fit properly in front of the new seats.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well having used the deco tool and all I did do one or two things to make them work slightly better..... first I put them on Goza's..... raised the goza's 4 or 5 times till they were close to my chair.. then placed the table... Looks WAY better... However placing items on them not so much.... Maybe need to raise the Goza's some more and then place the desired objects on the Goza's not the table...