• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New T maps can be stolen

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So my t hunter is a mage and cant kill the top part of the chest so I do several at a time and log on my archer to kill it so the chest can be looted, anywho it appears anyone can kill top part of chest then loot it as it happened, just a level 3 but.............bug....buggeroosky

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mages should be able to kill the top section.

You just need to "Summon Earth Elemental" because physical damage seems to be the only type that it's not immune to.

My T-hunter uses 2 bonded boura's (don't need taming to control/bond them), they work perfectly for lv 5 and lower maps a bit of healing is needed on lv 5 maps though.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That sucks... but have you tried Earth Elles? They do physical damage right? Or a sc mage wep... would take a while but better than losing out to someone who not do the work and just happened to come across your work..

Haddy G

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So my t hunter is a mage and cant kill the top part of the chest so I do several at a time and log on my archer to kill it so the chest can be looted, anywho it appears anyone can kill top part of chest then loot it as it happened, just a level 3 but.............bug....buggeroosky
I use mage weapon wands (mace) and easily kill the top part with my mage.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use mage weapon wands (mace) and easily kill the top part with my mage.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
thanks I will try this, earth ells did not work, could not seem to get close enough to it.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Earth Eles work good but you may need to have them follow you on top of chest in order for them to attack it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just hop off my beetle and tell him to kill it... takes him awhile to chew at it but he gets the job done.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Am I missing something? I just dig up the chest, cast Unlock at the very base of it, followed by a few Telekinesis casts, kill the mob and loot the chest. I don't do anything with the monument-looking thing atop the chest. Is that what you guys are talking about "killing"?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Am I missing something? I just dig up the chest, cast Unlock at the very base of it, followed by a few Telekinesis casts, kill the mob and loot the chest. I don't do anything with the monument-looking thing atop the chest. Is that what you guys are talking about "killing"?
yea, for some reason certain maps allow you to unlock/loot without breaking the stone structure on top first.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My T-Hunter is also mage .... and what he did yesterday to the first obelisk that he have to destroy - he uses a mage-weapon - here an wand with -29 mage skill and war mode like a warrior... took a while - but went best ;)

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea, for some reason certain maps allow you to unlock/loot without breaking the stone structure on top first.
Hmmm.....I've done a handful of Plains and a couple 2s and 3s and I've never had a problem other than having to cast Unlock in a couple different places before it worked. Thanks for the info.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can tell you need to destroy that stone obelisk when it's labeled a "guardian"; then if you don't destroy it you get the message you can't open the chest until all the guardians are dead. Maybe it's not a guardian on plain maps? Don't know; all my maps have been L3-5
EDIT: I'm editing this because you can open the lower level chests with magic unlock without destroying the stone obelisk, even though it's labeled a guardian

Last edited:

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can tell you need to destroy that stone obelisk when it's labeled a "guardian"; then if you don't destroy it you get the message you can't open the chest until all the guardians are dead. Maybe it's not a guardian on plain maps? Don't know; all my maps have been L3-5
Thanks. Does there seem to be a special item in the chest when the obelisk is a Guardian....or does it seem more like a bug?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you say they can be 'Stolen' in the title.
but i dont think if you dig it up then leave and go dig up a bunch more and someone who happens by find this thing left all alone..... i dont think you can really call that stealing.

maybe not nice.
some online etiquette has been breached thats for sure, but stolen?

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My T-Hunter is also mage .... and what he did yesterday to the first obelisk that he have to destroy - he uses a mage-weapon - here an wand with -29 mage skill and war mode like a warrior... took a while - but went best ;)
Thanks. I just tried that. It went fairly quickly. I still haven't needed to destroy the Obelisk yet, though.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
If you have a pet with AI(assuming it does not do phys) this works on the Obelisk as well, also i have had both chests i couldn't open and those i could without killing guardian(although i still kill him, regardless). One thing i have done up to level 3 t-maps and i always get 2 items "of interest" regardless of lvl, so anyone getting more from higher lvl maps or the same?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's a bug Dot and I reported it ages ago on TC1...

However this is how it is with level 1-3 chests anytime... Any mage can open them without needing lockpicking as long as they are GM or > Magery... Just use Magic Unlock... and voila open... use the telekinesis to untrap it and your in...

The obelisk only needs to be "destroyed" if you try to use lockpicks. We explained this straight up to Kyronix... or at least Dot told me she did... so this makes ZERO sense why this wasn't fix beforehand unless they don't feel it's game breaking.

As for those of you doing chests with lockpicks any physical damage method will defeat the obelisk and it doesn't fight back. I personally just sick my bug on the thing and wait till he eventually batters it down...

Mobs appear to be the same villainry that usually plague the Treasures.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you still getting the special items from the chest?
Yes. I thought I had gotten more than two special items out of a couple chests but maybe not. After it was mentioned, I started paying better attention and only got 2 per Plain T-map chest.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Read the title thinking on Siege? Open the thread and see what going on. Have to agree with @Poo

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you say they can be 'Stolen' in the title.
but i dont think if you dig it up then leave and go dig up a bunch more and someone who happens by find this thing left all alone..... i dont think you can really call that stealing.

maybe not nice.
some online etiquette has been breached thats for sure, but stolen?
You cant do that with regular maps, something new is all and wanted to warn others that regularly did maps like myself prior to this event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk