• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New stupid or good idea... SWampire ?!

• Thread starter imported_Duku
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Duku

What do you think about this:

120 Mace (weapon skill)
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
120 Anatomy
45 Necro
75 Chivalry
120 SW

The key could be to use a high HML huge weapon, like my diamond mace:
SSi 25
HML 50
HLL 41
HLS 30
DI 40
And in moment you have full mana cast out WoD

Other things are like wammy/sammy: uber armour, max dci/hci, lmc capped (RBC, Void, jewels..)....

What do you think? Its just to discuss, this template is an idea, just because i love WoD, so id like to listen your opinions

U

uohamster

Spellweaving is such an insane mana hog, but I guess it could be doable if you happen to have a wicked mana regen weapon.

You would miss out on having a pet arctic ogrelord without magery...(too much of a pain in the neck to march it all across the world.)

I

imported_Duku

<blockquote><hr>

Spellweaving is such an insane mana hog, but I guess it could be doable if you happen to have a wicked mana regen weapon.

You would miss out on having a pet arctic ogrelord without magery...(too much of a pain in the neck to march it all across the world.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx for response (even if i didnt understand too much the second part of the answer, i dont speak english very well ^^)!

SO, if it would be doable would it be effective, too? Im not so interested in mana cost, but in damage issue, excpecially versus huge monsters

I

imported_Farsight

I don't think it's a very stupid idea. It could use some work though.

For example, to maximize the hit point leeching from your hits, you definitely want spirit speak. I'd probably split 120 points between anatomy and spirit speak myself.

I've found that in the sampire, parry is a pretty important skill. It's important enough that I dropped healing in order to pick up parry. The idea behind that is with confidence, it just adds one more way to heal yourself.

With spellweaving, you can also use immolate weapon, which will add to your damage output. You can also use gift of renewal, which will add to your healing ability. With a high mana leech item (my own ornate axe has only 50% and SSI 20%), you never have mana issues, even when casting the big spells. I do use many of the necro spells available to me, and haven't had much of an issue. Sure, you won't be spamming essence of wind or dragging an arctic ogre lord across the lands, but as a sampire, you don't need the pet, and with whirlwind attacks (or momentum strikes if you don't have whirlwind), you don't really need more area effect spells.

I won't vouch for its effectiveness against high end monsters, but I think it may actually work. In fact, I think it so much, I may try it some day on test center.

I

imported_Duku

I tried.. mmm.. sometimes it's deadly (gift, WoD, immolate, nature..) but there are some problem with casting.. i need fc 4 (surely fc 3), and it isnt easy at all...

Suggestion??!

I

imported_GFY

Use a protection scroll so your spells don't get interupted.