New Stranger/box

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
W

Wolfie

Can anyone post a pic or confirm the color of the box that the 2nd stranger that appeared in Luna dropped?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Sep 8, 2006
Origin
Box was blue

Same loot...too many ppl greedishly hovered around the box on Origin so I don't know WHO got it but it was blue.

No gems that I could see, course I couldn't see much WOW talk about ppl comin out of the woodwork, had no idea we HAD that many people on Origin...great job guys.

Sadly a few tamers did not heed my cries of DO NOT USE YOUR DRAGONS and we lost a few but over all did very well.

K

K'torr

Have we had any indication that these Boxes have any other use than vomiting out a bunch of loot, or are they just apparently an ordinary container with a unique name?

W

Wolfie

Then the loot/gems are going to vary. When Sonoma killed it, we had a good 200+ gems scatter all over Luna.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Sep 8, 2006
Origin
Well it was like this HUGE vacuum cleaner in Luna...the minute she died we were all frozen, then poisoned, then the box exploded and all I saw was armor and weapons and a mad rush for the box....then everything was gone...I didn't see any gems :(

B

Blade_Thugluv

The Box closes to the Gems is from the Luna attack. As you can see it is the same as the rest.

~Blade

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 10, 2008
Damn nice of them to again do the "event" in the middle of the week, in the middle of the work day. At least I can read about what the event was like.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Sep 8, 2006
Origin
Yeah and nice of you to have THREE friggin boxes from ORigin...might think ya could share??? *sighs*

I don't want one, dont' need one..but wow....

Anyway yeah....it's blue.

B

Blade_Thugluv

Yeah and nice of you to have THREE friggin boxes from ORigin...might think ya could share??? *sighs*

I don't want one, dont' need one..but wow....

Anyway yeah....it's blue.
The Boxes in the Pick are not from Origin. yes they are the same as Origin but they spawn on all shards. The Ones in pick are from Lake Austin.
Im not the greedy type and i do share. If you read the LA forums you will see that i made posts yesterday about giving someone a free box. UO is pixel crack. Besides there will prob be a ton of theses boxes by the time the event is over.

~Blade

G

Green Destiny

i got the one on legends today and its the same as the ones from despise. I was first to open box. When opened, for a split second you could see all the loot inside it, then it disappeared and got scattered everywhere.

K

K'torr

What I am asking is does the Box have any use AFTER it goes BLAM, or is it just another deco?

J

Jin Image

The Boxes in the Pick are not from Origin. yes they are the same as Origin but they spawn on all shards. The Ones in pick are from Lake Austin.
Im not the greedy type and i do share. If you read the LA forums you will see that i made posts yesterday about giving someone a free box. UO is pixel crack. Besides there will prob be a ton of theses boxes by the time the event is over.

~Blade
IF your giveing one away just remember your guild mate who rezzed ya when ya got one hint his name is LEGION!!!

B

Blade_Thugluv

IF your giveing one away just remember your guild mate who rezzed ya when ya got one hint his name is LEGION!!!
I'll Put you on the list for the next one :thumbup1: I have a feeling i will be getting most of the ones i am at :)

~Blade

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Feb 26, 2004
Awards
Drachenfels
I only saw normal gems on this one, did I miss something?

B

Blade_Thugluv

Legion Meet up with me later. The Stranger just spawned on Lake Austin in Luna again and i got the box again. She was worse this time then before did a area attack that made everyone lag and killed 99.9% of the people. So as promised i have a box with your name on it :)

~Blade

E

Evilminion

Let there be no dissing of Blade. :) Not only has he generously offered to share the boxes with other folks on LA who may not be able to survive a fight with the Stranger, but he's a sweetie and a font of information to boot.

Wow, though, I can't believe a Stranger showed up at LUNA; talk about cheeky! Wish I hadn't been at work when it happened, heh. That must have been one heck of a sight!

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
Congrats. Ridiculous but congrats.

Who said this was a good way to distribute new loot? Oh yea, no one.
Seriously I agree on the loot. The fact that someone who did none of the work can run up and grab the best of the loot right off the ground is BS.

Guess I will not be doing anything for my portion now either after all why would I when I can grab it without doing anything at all...

L

Lord Kynd

Well it was like this HUGE vacuum cleaner in Luna...the minute she died we were all frozen, then poisoned, then the box exploded and all I saw was armor and weapons and a mad rush for the box....then everything was gone...I didn't see any gems :(

did you read draconi's post about it being under the new idoc looting rule ?
that isn't working
oh and not that it matters now, colors should be random at least for the box's... but they use colors not names for there little text file's.

no one reads ?
you don't have to script to read and have knowledge people.