• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New skills in SA/ Template

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So say you wanted to try all the new skills(imbuing mostly) out and already had a crafter with a full template. Could you try this?

Some combination including

Throwing
Tactics
Imbuing 120
Mysticism
Eval
Chivalry

"Evaluating Intelligence and Imbuing augment the power of certain Mysticism spells. "

Might not be slaying peerless or anything but could probably get everything offered by a gargoyle in one shot, and could easily farm mid level spawns for stuff to unravel. Just an idea. Is this a bad idea? or is there a better setup?

What do you think?

- James

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wouldent be to bad especialy since imbuing effects your Collosus and that thing can work threw spawn great

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What combination for skill points distribution would you suggest?
I'm assuming 120 imbuing so its not useless. Any other ideas?

I

imperterritus

I'm slowly working up such a character. His goal template is:

120: Throwing, Imbuing
110: Mysticism
100: Tactics, Eval Int, Meditate
70: Chivalry

He might tweak things as his skills grow, but it seems like a fairly good distribution.

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there no bonus from 110-120 on mysticism? i would assume if you're going to utilize the rising collosus that having 120 would make it stronger no?

Thank you though, wasn't sure anyone else was doing a character like this

- James

I

imperterritus

Yes, 120 Mysticsm and Eval would make your spells better. It might be possible to give up Chivalry altogether and go with 6x legendary on everything else. You'd have to travel with charges on rune books, but if you have at least a mid-level scribe, making recall scrolls is easy enough. Cleansing Winds would provide heals and a good chance at removing poison and curses. And you'd still have Healing Stone to provide a backup heal method.

For the time being, I'm still planning on having some mid-level chiv though. In a combo warrior/magic template, it's tough to have it all. ;)

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, 120 Mysticsm and Eval would make your spells better. It might be possible to give up Chivalry altogether and go with 6x legendary on everything else. You'd have to travel with charges on rune books, but if you have at least a mid-level scribe, making recall scrolls is easy enough. Cleansing Winds would provide heals and a good chance at removing poison and curses. And you'd still have Healing Stone to provide a backup heal method.

For the time being, I'm still planning on having some mid-level chiv though. In a combo warrior/magic template, it's tough to have it all. ;)
Well do you think there is a noticeable difference in the strength of the collosus if you had lower mysticism and eval than the max?

I also tried using the collosus on the test center and it couldn't take more than an ogre lord, what do you use it for?

Thank you for your help
- James

I

imperterritus

Well do you think there is a noticeable difference in the strength of the collosus if you had lower mysticism and eval than the max?

I also tried using the collosus on the test center and it couldn't take more than an ogre lord, what do you use it for?

Thank you for your help
- James
Yes, I'm sure having greater than GM Mysticism and Eval will mean having a stronger colossus. My Thrower-Mystic not high enough to cast it yet, though. However, my Mystic-Mage has almost 90 Mysticism and 105 eval. I can summon the colossus usually in 2 or 3 tries. That character usually hunts with SG, so there are a lot of pets and EVs about, and the colossus is another pet. He doesnt last long--not usually dispelled, just at my current levels his duration is maybe 30 seconds, if that.

For a thrower-mystic, you have to decide if you are going to be primarily a thrower or a mystic. If a thrower, then chivalry is useful in buffing your accuracy and damage. If a mystic, then chivalry might be unnecessary if you don't mind travel using recall scrolls in runebook. That would allow you to go full legendary on Mysticism, Eval, Imbuing, Meditate, and Throwing. Plus with 100-120 Tactics, your Animated Weapon spell would do pretty decent damage.

I

imperterritus

I'm slowly working up such a character. His goal template is:

120: Throwing, Imbuing
110: Mysticism
100: Tactics, Eval Int, Meditate
70: Chivalry
With the upcoming change to Mysticism, this template just got a lot more flexible. You won't need Eval Int any more, and Mysticism will be buffed by either Imbuing or Focus. So with 100 points freed up:

120: Throwing, Imbuing, Mysticism
120: Tactics, Meditate, Chivalry

If you were planning on being mostly a Thrower, and didn't need Imbuing, another interesting path opens up:

120: Throwing, Focus, Mysticism
100: Tactics, Healing, Anatomy

There are 60 points left over, which might go to Meditate, or Chiv if you hate your travel depending on recall charges on your runebooks. The 100 each in Tactics and Anatomy would mean your Animated Weapon spell (as well as Throwing itself) would be doing just about max damage. The 120 in Focus and Mysticism would mean Rising Colossus would be doing max damage as well.

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the upcoming change to Mysticism
I swear i have to keep up with news regarding these things, What is the change going to be? Just that eval doesn't buff it anymore?

Were there any other changes?

Thank you for your help
- James

I

imperterritus

I suggest you bookmark:

* http://www.uoherald.com/news/

Actually, I don't have it bookmarked. Typing "uo.com" into my browser's address bar automatically forwards there. But you get the idea. :)

You can read the player discussion here:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=178957

A lot of folks are screaming "Dooooom!", "the devs hate us", and like things. Personally I feel it's a pretty good set of changes. I'm not entirely happy with everything, and I would have liked to see additional changes. But as it stands, I feel it is an overall improvement.

JamezC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lot of folks are screaming "Dooooom!", "the devs hate us"
I could just be the biggest newb but isnt the change to mysticism a plus?
It changed from needing eval and imbuing for most damage to just either focus or imbuing right?

I guess i dont get it, but whatever i love playing with templates anyway.

Thank you for your help!
- James