• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Stealing] new sigil vVv

panoramix2009

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anyone know each location where the sigil vVv spawn in each town and can post here plz

coordinate on map
or picture

thx

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was searching over the weekend but it seems the people who have mapped them out have only done so using waypoint markers in game. I'm sure it'd be appreciated if somebody would do screen shots of their maps for each city. I'm currently working one city at a time and marking the locations myself in case its a while before any fellow thieves want to share. ;)

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not quite sure about the new rules for sigils, but do you have to be part of vVv to steal them? Do they work the same as the old faction system (no gating etc...)

When I logged back into Siege, I killed my faction guild and took back control of the S|S on Siege...la

panoramix2009

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i found one at moonglow /skara/minoc/ but ppl said have arround 4 location pers city

for found sigil need detect hidding 100 but city is big lol

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found them all with 80 detect hidden, I didn't see any benefit with 100. It didn't help me find them quicker, etc. The towns have either three or four locations. Kyronix said there were 5 locations but I've stolen them over and over and have always found them in the three or four locations. 110 stealing gives you 100% success chance when stealing them.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now to come up with a template that provides a bit of healing since I will bet there will be plenty of oranges running around Siege...la

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 80 detect as well and am able to reveal and get the notification that the active sigil is near by. Until I hear evidence that more than 80 offers an advantage, I'd rather put those skill points elsewhere.

To answer your original question Rico, yes, you must join VvV in order to participate in any part of VvV including stealing and returning the sigil.

If its quiet on the shard and only a few people are hitting the battles, you can manage without a single fight by stealthing about. When the shard is busier, some guilds are pretty good about laying fields and traps generously around the priests and altars making it really challenging to return a sigil or claim an altar.

Equanimity

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello all,
I've been running around the cities during battles, and have yet to find one sigil. I have 88.6 detect hidden, and have actually covered every square inch of each city more than 3 times during a battle, and ... nothing. Is it because I'm running? I run in wolf form and look for the message - - -any advice? thanks!

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If there are others in the city it can be tricky because others may have already returned it and it has respawned elsewhere.

By now most people know where they are at. So what I have done is follow people around and place a waypoint where they stop. Then I'll go back during a less busy time and detect on these spots. Let everybody else do the work for ya! :)

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Either nobody has images of the locations or chose not to share them with the public at large...la