• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Sexton Readings

Tigger

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
With ToL release, sexton now have z axis.

Format I see when using sexton on first floor get 424.21.

Second floor 424.41 and third floor get 425.6.

This isn't making any sense to me shouldn't ground floor start at 0?

Or am I missing something here?

Any hints or pointers welcomed.

PS What is max z axis for placing the new stone floors and walls I heard 70 clicks but from where 0 or elsewhere?

Thank You.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tigger there are at least a couple threads discussing this issue (including on this forum and the Home and Decorating Forum).

Castle floor heights - my observations

As a general rule...

The z will read 6 when you're on the foundation of your home, 0 when you're standing outside on the ground and every floor adds 20, so
1st floor 26
2nd floor 46
3rd floor 66

I have heard others say that the readings you get will differ depending on where you are in the world and this can also impact how high you can build. All my houses are at 6z for 1st floor. When you look at the sextant reading, in the classic client, the reading in the bottom left hand corner gives you x,y,z (the readings above your character are the old school sextant - at least in the classic client, not sure what EC does).

The idea of 70 being the max height was a quote from one of the Devs who said something like "it's around 70", but that dev also stated that the new craftables (and grass/stone tiles) won't let you drop them at an illegal height. Conclusion: If you can drop/place the item, then you're good (raising it with a tool is an entirely different matter). My own observations are that I'm fine till 75 in my house. Once I try and place a stone paver, wall, etc at 76z it won't drop. It goes back into my pack and gives me a message that I can't build that high.

So, if you want to know your max legal height, see the maximum height you can drop an object - oh and just a warning to something that many of us found the hard way - if you raise or store a paver/grass tile/snow tile above 75z, the tile will be gone by server up.

Tigger

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Irulia,

Thank you for your reply.

The display system takes a bit time to get used to.

Here is a interesting thing Abby House gargle side down by rat is -6 Z. :coco: