• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Settings Window!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As you know, the settings window is a bit of a mess right now, so I decided to remake it from scratch :D

Here it is an early preview:

This new window (other than a new design), has a dynamically generated options (meaning that to add a new option will take MUCH less time than now with less risk for errors), a search box on the top (so you can quickly find what you are looking for), and the options will save when you change them (no more need to click ok/apply, those buttons have to go :p )

Besides that, I'm open to suggestions, so if you want an option moved from a category to another, or any other weird idea about it, this is the moment to ask :D

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Would love to see scroll up / scroll down "last friendly" "last enemy" options in addition to what we already have.
Ty

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Profiles...
For the same character, different macro profiles. Same can be done by making multiple profiles and renaming it to the character name, but would be nice if it was possible through within the game.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would love to see scroll up / scroll down "last friendly" "last enemy" options in addition to what we already have.
Ty
that can't be done, but you ca do it by assign any button then use a program like this one: XMouse Button Control
with that you can map the key in the mouse wheel and it's done :)
I use that for every game or app, it really works for anything :)

Profiles...
For the same character, different macro profiles. Same can be done by making multiple profiles and renaming it to the character name, but would be nice if it was possible through within the game.
I can make a button to import/export settings. For macros we'll see when I get to the macro system :p

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As you know, the settings window is a bit of a mess right now, so I decided to remake it from scratch :D

This new window (other than a new design), has a dynamically generated options (meaning that to add a new option will take MUCH less time than now with less risk for errors), a search box on the top (so you can quickly find what you are looking for), and the options will save when you change them (no more need to click ok/apply, those buttons have to go :p )
Awesome stuff! Stopped counting how often I promised one day I gonna redo this damn SettingsWindow for me. I have nothing to add but especially the functionality to dynamically add options (say from other mods) is super sweet.

Sometimes I think about a common UI base/framework below the window level, say for services like SettingManager, WindowManager, etc. I think that is where the EC core comes short and pushing that functionality into the UI layer with lua only results in a mess. Like for this it would result in a community-maintained SettingsManagerMod, which provides the functionality like querying/adding/removing settings but no UI. Then people (all 3 of them! :rolleyes:) could build there own windows on top of that, like PetesSettingWindowMod or PincoSettingWindowMod.

If only there was a community around modding still around :twak:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome stuff! Stopped counting how often I promised one day I gonna redo this damn SettingsWindow for me. I have nothing to add but especially the functionality to dynamically add options (say from other mods) is super sweet.

Sometimes I think about a common UI base/framework below the window level, say for services like SettingManager, WindowManager, etc. I think that is where the EC core comes short and pushing that functionality into the UI layer with lua only results in a mess. Like for this it would result in a community-maintained SettingsManagerMod, which provides the functionality like querying/adding/removing settings but no UI. Then people (all 3 of them! :rolleyes:) could build there own windows on top of that, like PetesSettingWindowMod or PincoSettingWindowMod.

If only there was a community around modding still around :twak:
there won't be need of any extra mod, this new settings have functions to add other settings to the table (at the end or after another setting), same for tabs :D

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there won't be need of any extra mod, this new settings have functions to add other settings to the table (at the end or after another setting), same for tabs :D
Yea, but I more mean it's not going to land in "default" but being a Pinco exclusive :)