• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Senior Staff Revitalizing Stratics!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
If you haven't heard, Stratics is undergoing major renovation and revitalization at the moment. This is largely due to some fresh new faces on the senior staff team. Tom "Nonfail," our new Director of Operations (i.e., Stratics Director) is using his expertise in web development and SEO to increase our usability and visibility. Moreover, we have several new MEs: These folks are joining our current MEs to broaden Stratics' ability to support the games that we love--and they're doing a masterful job. By the way, we are always open to ideas for new portals. If you feel that you would like to apply to be a Stratics ME, please feel free to send us an email: [email protected]. It takes a lot of energy to get a new portal started, but you'll have a great team to support you.

Congratulations and best of luck to Tom and the new MEs!

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is Stratics still automatically excluding candidates without taking skills into consideration based on the forums like they have been for the past decade?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Why? Are you planning to apply? :p

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do almost every time I see Stratics is looking for staff.

"Sorry, you're you." has generally been the response in the past.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't fault the accuracy of the response, at least :)

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't there something you should go work on somewhere?

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't think you're important enough to be worth my time? :(

Building activity on the forums is actually one of the things I am working on, and you are assisting me :)

Vince

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Feel free to head over to the EVE Stratics forums and help improve it. What content would you like to see? Guides, Interviews, cooking recipies or perhaps a new subforums for ship fits?

Oh ... and Hi! :heart:

D

dracokyaku

Thanks for the introduction Syrus :)

Our SWTOR portal is still under construction at the moment, although things are moving along at a swift pace with a new skin on the way and the adding of content/news as we go - naturally if anyone has an interest in joining the SWTOR team or just some suggestions and pointers then feel free to get in touch.

News for SWTOR is somewhat slow at the moment (although PAX east takes place this weekend and promises some tasty new information) and the majority of gameplay related video content is a no-no for the time being (without breaking the NDA, which we wouldn't want to do).
As we move towards launch, open beta and the removal of the NDA though, things will change and I'm looking forward to helping build the portal into a very active and content heavy home for SWTOR players.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
You guys' portals are looking good. You should definitely repost your most recent news articles to to your forums. Exciting stuff. :)

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I’m watching you, Tom. Nobody gets away with being mean to my ME, even if they are the Director of Stratics.

*cracks knuckles*

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do almost every time I see Stratics is looking for staff.

"Sorry, you're you." has generally been the response in the past.
Your ban file has more entries than some of Stratics Forums... it's like an ex-con applying for a government job, either they have some truly extraordinary and much needed skill or they need not apply.

And yeah, I know, we took our chances and hired some people with bad records before, they didn't last long...

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, but you guys literally ban me for "Saying something I didn't like."

That's hardly worth comparing me to an ex-con. All I've wanted to do for years is give something back to the community and this is how I'm treated.

Vince

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
You believe a title is required to give something back to the community?

All it really takes is effort.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps if you could maintain a clean slate, there would be less opposition to the idea.
I am a big fan of second chances, but I am also a big fan of making decisions based on available data.
Unfortunately, the only thing the data really has going for it at the moment is a lack of inconsistency, and what I mean by that is that it is consistently not very encouraging.

If you could go for some time without seeming to be working against the community, then people would be more inclined to believe you wanted to give something back to it.
In which case, I will be needing to recruit people to help with Central, over time.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
As an aside, Stratics Central Discussions has seen more activity this week that it has in months. ^^

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lipstick was making it look a little pouty :(
We're currently internally testing lip gloss and a little concealer, but the jury's still out on that.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You believe a title is required to give something back to the community?

All it really takes is effort.
You believe putting words in my mouth is required? I'm talking about the attitude I get any time I offer assistance here, nothing more.

You know, like being compared to an ex-con.

Vince

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
You believe putting words in my mouth is required? I'm talking about the attitude I get any time I offer assistance here, nothing more.

You know, like being compared to an ex-con.
Criminals are hawt :thumbup1:

Stickypaws

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
As an aside, Stratics Central Discussions has seen more activity this week that it has in months. ^^
I would post more in Central, but I thought you were changing the forums to wordpress shortly? Was sorta loitering, lurking n waiting fer the changeover.

:spider:

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Actually, we are only changing our Content Management System to WordPress. WordPress forums are truly terrible, so our forums will be continuing with vBulletin for the present time.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not the forums, the main site.
The forums may be changed to different forum software in the not-too-distant future, but the plan is to transfer all posts and user info across.

Stickypaws

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I see, cool beans I shall stop lurkin then. I see the post modding thing has gone? Ya got the forum spam under control then? :)

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Insomuch as is possible. We've implemented some new systems to defeat spam, but some still slip through. That's the nature of forums. :(

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you go back to UBB I will find and eat each and every one of you.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
We will not be going back to UBB.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, we are only changing our Content Management System to WordPress. WordPress forums are truly terrible, so our forums will be continuing with vBulletin for the present time.
Ideally the team will use a WP/vB bridge to integrate the new WP sites with the forum.

Insomuch as is possible. We've implemented some new systems to defeat spam, but some still slip through. That's the nature of forums. :(
Exactly. Spambots can usually be defeated at the front door, but a human spammer is going to get in if they want to.

We will not be going back to UBB.
Thank goodness.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Ideally the team will use a WP/vB bridge to integrate the new WP sites with the forum.
We're looking into it. Our version of vBulletin is aging, but it might be possible. We'll see.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
We probably won't move to vB 4.x, for the reasons that Adam is alluding to. Also, there's currently no easy way to upgrade between vB versions (though, they're supposedly working on something like this). In short, the once-great vB may now be in decline.

Meanwhile, I see you've got a new venture running, Adam. Congrats. :)

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Added Littlepie, our new WoW Stratics ME.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the WoW portal sweet, tasty and sometimes comes a la mode?
'Cause pie is all 3 of those things. Just putting that out there. ;)